[My] Life in Wisconsin

Brewing BOO...................

Welcome to my Brew Pot...


 


And a very big "BOO" to you too! 


 


First, and MOST importantly; kindly remind me NEVER to make fun of the "loo" again... (It has been my very best friend since last night)... 


...I think I must have eaten something that tried to kill me.  Perhaps it was the "Coyote Stew"! 


Settle down already!  I was just kidding! 


 The danged coyotes LIVE-   


(Now, I KNOW I don't need a bunch of twisted and persistent PETA people jumping on me for those soup references)...    And am ALSO thinking that what a scary and wonderfully spooky night it will be,  if those wild animals are around tonight!


When we were kids, there were 3 of us neighbor families that always got together- Us, The Ryans and the Kobielaks... and a total of 14 kids...  We would change 'host familys' each year.  There was an OLD church up the road, complete with an ancient cemetery- We usually ended up walking there at some terrible hour of the night. (Those of us that were BRAVE enough to anyway).  And OH, the ghost stories that some could tell!  We were always scared out of our wits, though no one would ever have admitted it!  


What a treasured trail of memories for me- where my mind goes...


Would that we could ALL be that young again- for just one more Halloween...   And all together- the kids, and all of our parents too.   (Wouldn't we listen more?  Learn more?  Cherish more of the 'all' of us)? I'd like to think that I would... 


Incidentally, the town razed that old church about ten years ago.  (Maybe too many kids around on nights like tonight)?  Wimpy me, although I LOVE old cemeterys, I still get the creeps at that one!


Casey, if you are reading this, I hope that you will be posting the 'History of Our Flintville' in your blog, (and what happened the night you and your friends were all camping in the woods)...


 


I have seen many Halloween posts on here -to die for -with respect to their creativity- and can only wish I was that talented too! 


I would wonder if  Yahoo would ever consider nominating a few of you to be able to win a contest--- Somebody should tell them to create contest pages for days like this... Oh, no money to be paid out or the like- but how about at the very least an "honorable mention" on their best of blogs place for a day or two???  ( I put a quick comment on their site- but I don't know if they really read those either)...  How could they possibly have the time anyway? 


We finally exchanged names for Christmas on Sunday- Is that some weird type of blaspheming to mention one holiday while another is here? Too darn bad if it is...   -(no nasty comments please)...  


Think I shall blog about that later though- Zoe KNOWS I have one wonderful blackmail picture to post!!!  


It's payback time for that!  


...I'd fallen to sleep after the game, and somebody decided it would be entertaining to take pictures of my dead body on the couch. (No, I  won't be sharing THOSE shots, as I cannot bear to part with them)...


...And even if  aforementioned child did NOT have anything to do with that, they are all guilty until somebody starts talking!  Yesterday, in the wee hours of the morning, as I sat quietly by myself, I put Sundays pics on my computer...  and I damned near scared myself half to death seeing those shots...   Imagine my innocent surprise!  (geesh, they probably taped it too)!!!


I'd better close and find some wicked clothing to wear... (oh never mind, I always have wicked clothing)... 


Bwuahahaha.......................


Hehehehe


 


Blessed Be!


XOXO

Anna-Anna


How the heck do you spell cemetary/cemetery anyway???? with an 'e' or an 'a' ? They both looked right; sadly too they both looked wrong- and I am too lazy to get up and grab a dictionary...


--------------


And our own little traditions? 


Just always the reading of the Little Orphant Annie...


LITTLE Orphant Annie's come to our house to stay,


An' wash the cups an' saucers up, an' brush the crumbs away,


An' shoo the chickens off the porch, an' dust the hearth, an' sweep,


An' make the fire, an' bake the bread, an' earn her board-an'-keep;


An' all us other childern, when the supper-things is done,


We set around the kitchen fire an' has the mostest fun


A-list'nin' to the witch-tales 'at Annie tells about,


An' the Gobble-uns 'at gits you Ef you Don't Watch Out!


 


Wunst they wuz a little boy wouldn't say his prayers,--


An' when he went to bed at night, away up-stairs,


His Mammy heerd him holler, an' his Daddy heerd him bawl,


An' when they turn't the kivvers down, he wuzn't there at all!


An' they seeked him in the rafter-room, an' cubby-hole, an' press,


An' seeked him up the chimbly-flue, an' ever'-wheres, I guess;


But all they ever found wuz thist his pants an' roundabout


An' the Gobble-uns 'll git you Ef you Don't Watch Out!


 


An' one time a little girl 'ud allus laugh an' grin,


An' make fun of ever' one, an' all her blood-an'-kin;


An' wunst, when they was "company," an' ole folks wuz there,


She mocked 'em an' shocked 'em, an' said she didn't care!


An' thist as she kicked her heels, an' turn't to run an' hide,


They wuz two great big Black Things a-standin' by her side,


An' they snatched her through the ceilin' 'fore she knowed what she's about!


An' the Gobble-uns 'll git you Ef you Don't Watch Out!


 


An' little Orphant Annie says, when the blaze is blue,


An' the lamp-wick sputters, an' the wind goes woo-oo!


An' you hear the crickets quit, an' the moon is gray,


An' the lightnin'-bugs in dew is all squenched away,--


You better mind yer parunts, an' yer teachurs fond an' dear,


An' churish them 'at loves you, an' dry the orphant's tear,


An' he'p the pore an' needy ones 'at clusters all about,


An' the Gobble-uns 'll git you Ef you Don't Watch Out!


 


Photo 'jacked' from  tw.knowledge.yahoo.com/question?qid=1005021706289


No comments:

Post a Comment