[My] Life in Wisconsin

Hit the Floor GROWLING

Good Morning to all!


I woke at about 3:30; with Miss Valerie asking to be warmed up- So into my waterbed she went!  Nice and warm there!  (A little FYI  for those of you that might be having hot flashes and night sweats, having a controlled temperature waterbed also keeps your body temp in line! Cool in summer, warm in winter-  But do get one that you can control the waves in too-    "Word to the Wise" too:  Do not ever "sleep on cheap"-  any mattress can ruin your back that way).


Imagine my surprise this AM-  coming back here (over an hour after having Valerie go back to bed), and finding out it was only quarter to four?!?    Yes, I had completely forgotten about Daylight Savings time- Did you?  (FALL BACK kids, or you will be very early for mass and/or your football games)!       


Go  Packers!!!!

 

Cool picture up above, right?  Miss Valerie, peeking over Isaiahs chair...  Zoe and Eric had a Halloween party to go to- Zoe borrowed a few pieces of my moms old jewelry for her costume...  Jenne and Isaiah had also come out to visit... And to eat the windfallen apples, there are some left that the deer haven't gotten to yet...


Image  

 

 

Isaiah LOVES those apples!!!

 

 

              Image

 


And we all got to play outside for a long time before we got too chilled...


 


Image            Image

 


DID YOU KNOW???   Hanging upside down makes you feel warmer too- (the old heat rising thing)... hehehe...


 


Not to be left out, my Little man, Isaiah also got up on that old clothesline to 'warm up'... 


 


Image                      Image

 


Valerie and Isaiah first tackled each other...

 


 


Image

 


 


And then Jenne got way too close- so they tackled HER too!

 


Image

 


And  I  got spend my day laughing!!!

 


After all of this, we came inside- a good hand scrubbing to warm those little fingers up; and Miss Valerie read to Isaiah while Jenne and I made a fresh pot of leek soup! 


 


Image                   Image  

 


and THAT, finishes warming you up all the way through!!!

 


Isaiah ate TWO bowls- Valerie, recovering from a strep throat only ate one...  


Shortly after 'food', there was more than enough commotion around here when Punk started growling- No amount of consolation for her, and so she went outside; where she stood guard right by the door- more growling and woofing...  Miss Milly, out in her kennel was also more than a bit concerned...   Jenne and I took our flashlights out and waited to see something--- anything.    But we saw nothing that the dogs would be so overconcerned about with their barking and growling. 


(It IS kinda creepy to know there is SOMETHING going down somewhere and you haven't got the slightest clue WHAT it is)...  


Making Punkie come in made matters worse too; by then she was in her fierce protective mode, and there wasn't much to calm her...  I called my cousin who came down and checked out the fields and the little orchard too...   ...NOTHING!    


Earlier, Jennifer and I had heard something- an odd barking and growling that was NOT coming from my two dogs.  CREEPY...    Jim thinks maybe those coyotes are back- He will come check the sheds, barngrade and pumphouse in the light of day- perhaps even today?    It took Miss Milly and Miss Punk until after 9:30 to settle down- Jenne and Isaiah had left, and who can sleep with all that noise, so Miss Valerie never did fall to sleep until almost 10.  She has been down four times last night- duty calls, but is ever so tired with her throat healing- and from being so active yesterday-  Kids get as "passed tired" as we do, and I am hoping that maybe she can get another hour or two anyway...  She needs that to heal and to be well...


But, like I said, I got to laugh almost all day long- had two of my grandchildren here,  and so it was a very fine day for me!!!


 


Image

we are all more than a little tired here...

 

XOXOXOXO

Anne


 


 


PS     I also want to thank everyone who has had ideas for me to keep my house warm... I would love a woodstove- or that wood pellet thing- But am sure wondering how one goes about getting homeowners insurance then, ...without having to build an extra chimney, nor having to pay through the teeth for such...   Any ideas???   (cuz God only knows my teeth can't take it anymore)!!!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment