[My] Life in Wisconsin

All Hallows Eve

All Hallows Eve
All Hallows Eve magnify
Welcome once again to my Brew Pot!
Stolen from here.
.
Be thou a spirit of health, or goblin damned,
Bring with thee airs from heaven, or blasts from hell,
Be thy intents wicked or charitable,
Thou com’st in such a questionable shape
That I will speak to thee.
William Shakespeare...
Addressing the ghost as a spirit that appears in his father’s shape;
“questionable” means which invites questions
.
.
.
.
.
Good Morning Everyone, (the living and the dead as well)!
.
Bwuahahaha!!!!

.

CLICK HERE for last years costumes and fun!
.
.

Just going back to my own little Halloween Tradition of the reading of the poem.

.

.

LITTLE ORPHANT ANNIE...
.
James Whitcomb Riley (1849-1916), and written in 1885
.
.
.
.
LITTLE Orphant Annie's come to our house to stay,
An' wash the cups an' saucers up, an' brush the crumbs away,
An' shoo the chickens off the porch, an' dust the hearth, an' sweep,
An' make the fire, an' bake the bread, an' earn her board-an'-keep;
An' all us other childern, when the supper-things is done,
We set around the kitchen fire an' has the mostest fun
A-list'nin' to the witch-tales 'at Annie tells about,
An' the Gobble-uns 'at gits you Ef you Don't Watch Out!
.
.

Wunst they wuz a little boy wouldn't say his prayers,--
An' when he went to bed at night, away up-stairs,
His Mammy heerd him holler, an' his Daddy heerd him bawl,
An' when they turn't the kivvers down, he wuzn't there at all!
An' they seeked him in the rafter-room, an' cubby-hole, an' press,
An' seeked him up the chimbly-flue, an' ever'-wheres, I guess;
But all they ever found wuz thist his pants an' roundabout
An' the Gobble-uns 'll git you Ef you Don't Watch Out!
.
.

An' one time a little girl 'ud allus laugh an' grin,
An' make fun of ever' one, an' all her blood-an'-kin;
An' wunst, when they was "company," an' ole folks wuz there,
She mocked 'em an' shocked 'em, an' said she didn't care!
An' thist as she kicked her heels, an' turn't to run an' hide,
They wuz two great big Black Things a-standin' by her side,
An' they snatched her through the ceilin' 'fore she knowed what she's about!
An' the Gobble-uns 'll git you Ef you Don't Watch Out!
.
.


An' little Orphant Annie says, when the blaze is blue,
An' the lamp-wick sputters, an' the wind goes woo-oo!
An' you hear the crickets quit, an' the moon is gray,
An' the lightnin'-bugs in dew is all squenched away,--
You better mind yer parunts, an' yer teachurs fond an' dear,
An' churish them 'at loves you, an' dry the orphant's tear,
An' he'p the pore an' needy ones 'at clusters all about,
An' the Gobble-uns 'll git you Ef you Don't Watch Out!
..
.
.
.
.

So put on yer scariest voice, and read it to the youngens... (If you dare)!

And do have an utterly ghastly day!

XOXO
Anne

Now what the heck kind of forecast is this?

Green Bay, WI at 3:53 am CDT
Fair , 57ºF
Hi: 56 Lo: 31

hehehe

.

originally posted on 360 Wednesday October 31, 2007 - 06:11am (CDT)

6 comments:

  1. Sent To: ANNA-ANNA

    thank you, you are so awesome!
    You always know how to lend an encouraging hand.
    I am so glad we met on here. You have picked me up many a time and I can not thank you enough.

    I hope you have a great Halloween. From the pictures it looks like you have lots of fun.
    Keep it up.
    I hope your foot is feeling better and that Casey had a good day. I think she would enjoy Halloween a lot more if she wasn't in pain. Anyway I better go to work. Thank you so much.
    Lots of love to you- Darla
    Wednesday October 31, 2007 - 06:19 am CDT

    ----------


    Wednesday October 31, 2007 - 06:52am (CDT)
    ANNA-…
    Miss Darla!
    The foot still sucks... (like Da Bears)!
    hehehe

    OK time for me to try to be A Happy Halloweener!

    Do they let you get dressed up at work???

    XOXO
    Anne

    Wednesday October 31, 2007 - 06:55am (CDT)





    Lisa … Happy Halloween! Of course I can dress up at "work"! I'm thinking of going as a dog walker today. All I need is a leash and some dog hair on my clothes. And Emma says sorry for the dead cat remark, but her mommy forgot to train her to be nice to kitties when she was young and now she's an old bag and not interested in learning!
    Wednesday October 31, 2007 - 06:52am (PDT)




    Beth T DANG!!!!! It just ate my comment!!!! I got in a hurry and didnt copy it first....OH I HATE THAT.
    Now the condensed version of a much sweeter comment:
    I am going to adopt your tradition, I love the poem!
    Anything that scares kids into bahaving is fine by me, lol.
    I only wish I had it last night for our beggars night fire......oh well, we still have wood, we'll just repeat the fun tonight!!!
    Wednesday October 31, 2007 - 12:15pm (EDT)





    Thers OMGoodness! I used to think you were the best thing since sliced bread until I read that comment about my beloved Bears!! Those are figthin' words missy!! hehehehe!!

    I loved the pictures...ya bunch of ghouls you are. I am planning a trip back out to the infamous Buck cemetery on Friday...wish me luck (oh, and I'll be sure to take many pictures again!!)

    Wednesday October 31, 2007 - 02:11pm (CDT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love this poem! I remember you reading it to us all those years ago, and feel like it was just yesterday that I was looking under the bed for goblins before we set out to pile in the car for trick-or-treating! :D

    Oh, the memories!

    Love you Much Much!
    ~CaseyAnne

    ReplyDelete

  3. KC...

    er thee gobb~a~lins ll git ya!!!

    I thought you still looked under the bed...


    BOO!


    Love to you too!
    Foreverlonger.

    XOXO
    Anne


    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to comment on this over yonder..took me two tries to get to it, and after trying to leave a comment three times, I gave up.

    Hope you have a great Halloween. I sure did. Was out celebrating.

    BTW, your picture didn't make it over. :-(

    ReplyDelete


  5. What picture???

    Is my face gone again?
    (Damn, I hate when that happens)...


    XOXO
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. The picture in the blog is missing.

    Stop using that ''invisible cleansing cream'' and maybe your face won't disappear.

    I'm now going to crawl back under some warm covers. It's chilly this morning. Brrrr...

    ReplyDelete