[My] Life in Wisconsin

Ice. (And more Ice)...

Ice. (And More Ice)...
Ice. (And More Ice)... magnify
This is what I saw out my window this morning...
(No wonder my bird seed disappears so dang fast)!

.

Good Morning ALL;

With temps above freezing yesterday; complete with sunshine, I chipped away at the ice on the concrete...

.

.


There's times I think that ice scraper is permanently attached to me!
.
.
.
.

But it paid off too.
By the end of the day I had found my concrete. (Well, most of it anyway).
I also plowed the yard, TWICE. Trying to help Mother Nature along...
But it will still be a while before I get down to any gravel. The ice is that thick.

Having the ice is a bit of an obvious hazard to my bones and my longevity---
Worse though, when you take into consideration that my driveway is also solid ice. The sides of it are snowbanks, but a sliding car would definitely move them enough to plant any vehicle off the drive...
I plowed the driveway off; and between myself and Casey, we managed to get 4 or 5 loads of the wood chips down on that.

.
.

)I just knew there would be a use for this in addition to using it for mulch)!
.
.
.
.

The first load of chips...
.
.
.
.

Almost done!
.
.
.
.

While Greg was here, he and dug out the pumphouse door for me.
.
.
.
.
He would have also dug out the front porch, but on 2nd thought,
it probably was NOT a good idea with all this ice waiting to fall...
.
.
.
.

It would have killed him!!!
And no, I do not have a roof rake.
(But I am glad I have a tin roof)!

.

.

So, until that falls the porch steps will remain under about 3' of snow... When that melts, if those steps are not clear, it will try to leak into the basement.
Not sure why it does this, but all of Caseys things are down there. So, I will go out in the old shed and try to dig out a pallet or two... just in case.
I still have all that rummage stuff to finish up. Maybe I can do some of that too!
It is already in the upper 30's ...

Punk is more than a bit gimpy today; (still from her tussle with the child gate in the back entrance I suppose).
I shall restart the Rimadyl for her.

She loves icicles too!

.

.

Looks much like an ice cream headache to me!!!
.
.

So I am off to chip and plow a bit more!

Hope you are having a "wunnaful" weekend!

XOXO
Anne

Sunday March 2, 2008 - 09:02am (CST)

1 comment:

  1. "I'm Dreaming of A White Christmas" oops, sorry, you mean it's NOT that time of year? could have fooled me.


    upper 30"s...woo hoo...heat wave

    you have a ''wunnaful'' weekend too

    hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete