[My] Life in Wisconsin

My Blanket~Hidden Child


Just a few quick words here.

I am typing in the darkened hospital room as CaseyAnne gets a few moments of sleep.

She seems so very still like this... that at times I have to listen, and ever so quietly, for her to breathe.

They have removed her Iv's but have left them in her arm for now.

She is on 2 oxy~something drugs by mouth; even though they have told her that she may no longer eat anything.

She is in awful pain, curled up; into this little blanket covered ball...

In a way, she has almost allowed the goddamn, unrelenting, pain to win.
NOT ON MY WATCH.

She has begun to feel as though she is a burden to those of us who love her; and has stated that she does not care to go on like this.

I worry more now for what the constant pain has done to her mental health, as much as what the trapped enzymes have done to her pancreas during this past LONG week for her...

Still for now, she sleeps.
So still.
May her dreams ALL be good and sweet ones.

I do love her so. Pray.

Me


Friday March 14, 2008 - 12:38pm (CDT)

14 comments:

  1. This made me cry almost as much as hearing those same words from her own lips yeterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Anne I worry so much about her and you both. I am so sorry I cannot be online as much now to keep a check on how Casey is doing. I fear bad news when I do get online. Keep the faith my friend. I will be thinking and praying for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All any of us can do is pray. Pain is a viscious enemy and she's had too much for too damn long.

    Praying and will have both of you added to a couple of prayer groups

    Much love
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. My love you to Anne and Casey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iis so very difficult to deal with a very sick child, how well I remember feeling like I never wanted to go home, because my presence was the only thing keeping her alive... I hope Casey will start to improve soon. Prayers for her recovery and your continuing strength from your friend Colleen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY! I am so sad to hear this! As always she is in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm here for you Anne. I felt every pang of pain in your blog. I want to cry. But I won't ! Instead I'm gonna say a prayer for her & you ! love ya oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. May God's love and grace wrap her and heal that body of hers....keep believing and we'll keep praying....I don't know where you find your strength...it's the most difficult moments in parenting to see a child in pain--physical or emotional pain--knowing how much you will it away, you can't make it better...yet there is no match for a mother's love....xoxox hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anne, take care of yourself and Casey as well.. You are always in our thoughts and prayers. Love to you both,
    Kris, Judy and Tanya

    ReplyDelete

  10. Just a minute here while I wait for Casey to get her food...
    She still has so much pain...

    Wanted to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all of your love thoughts and prayers.
    And perhaps to apologize for being so obviously down yesterday.

    Love to all.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  11. No need to apologize...all of us would have been as well and actually we are because we love both of you.

    Hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. All my prayers for Casey I hope she turns the corner soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are now waiting for the results of an emergency CT Scan of Caseys chest.
    She's had severe chest pains, and began shaking uncontrollably...

    They have given her Lovenox and Atavan (sp)-
    Looking for a possible pulmonary embolism.

    She is now resting more comfortably

    Please pray...
    Many thanks for your love, prayers and friendship

    ReplyDelete