[My] Life in Wisconsin

May 2nd, 2008

Entry for May 02, 2008
Entry for May 02, 2008 magnify
My First Daffodil of the Year!
('bout time too)...

.

.

Good Morning All;

As you can see, Spring is here; but it just does not 'feel' like it yet.

.

.

Cnv2514..........Cnv2512
The other flowers are 'trying' just as hard to add a bit of color too.

.

.

And since it is supposedly Spring, Casey and I took a little trip to Green Acres Greenhouses.
We picked up just a few plants to replace a few that Winter killed...
But the best thing was that there was barely anyone there when we went.
(This gave me great photo ops)... hehehe

.

.

What you see in the background is maybe about 5% of the place.

.

.

.The turtle and the iguana...
.
.
.
And now, MY personal favorite...
.
.
hehehe
 
This is Walter.

His honeybunch in the background;
protecting their newly hatched babies...
Sorry, but Mr. Walter was VERY stubborn and would not move.

.

.

Not too much other news from Flintville.

Miss Punk was a bit chilly the other morning,
stealing an old housecoat...
.
.
.
.
So before our walk, Casey warmed the dogs up well...
.
.
As they both vie for the ball off the roof of the shed.
Note: Never bet against Miss Milly,
(even when it looks like Punk will get that ball)!
"Looks" ARE very deceiving...
.
.
Of course, Mama Milly is much like Speedy Gonzales,
running full speed to the woods.
While Punk is left wondering why we are so slow...
.
.
.
.
Specifically Casey,
~as she threatened to turn around and go back home.

.

.

We have been apartment hunting for Casey. And yesterday, we even found some spectacular places! We will revisit a few today.
As many of you know, she needs to get to the Mayo Clinic...
(If she has a reservation address, all referrals and subsequent treatments are covered; including any/all ER visits).

In the meantime, she is trying to NOT take her pain meds. We spent last Saturday night at Bellin hospital. They said her colon is shutting down from a combination of the narcotics and her raunchy pancreas.
(Hmmm, does that make her "anal retentive" then)? hehehe...
ok, bad joke. Mea culpa.


My house is a disaster area. I was online the other night, and had the TV on in the background. There was a show about switching wives. ?
Not sure what it was even called. BUT, there was a snippy lady on there that SO put down the family she went to. Their house was a mess, and she treated it, and them, like they were lepers.
Yes, she was snooty...
In all honesty, I never even turned my head to look at it, just reaffirmed that "it takes all kinds" to make our world.
But she had to have missed the 'soul' of that family too.
I have always told people if they want to see me, to come ANYtime. But if they are coming to see my house that they should give me a 6~month notice.

Life. (It IS what happens)...

But just in case someone like her decides to grace my door, I'd better take advantage of the rainy day and at least move a few furballs to under the rugs.

Time for me to get my backside moving...

Have a 'wunnaful' Friday!

Love to all

XOXO
Anne

 
Originally posted to my Y! 360, Friday May 2, 2008 - 08:43am (CDT) 6

19 comments:

  1. Mornin Brat! oops I mean Bart!

    Yep Im stealing a bit of computer time at work.. shhhhhhhhhhhh
    Im sorry to hear that Miss Casey is finding yet another issue to deal with. Cant bear the pain and now cant bear the meds to help the pain... now aint that just a kick in the pants. I sure hope she finds an apt on the reservation she can afford and live comfortably in. That would be such a plus medically.
    Those pups of yours are just too much fun. Im glad to see your flowers are coming out and looking so pretty. Our daffs are about spent for the season already. But some of the other lilies are just now coming out. I found a whole area of surprise lilies . I havent a clue what they are... and my aunt is sending me some rain lilies. wooohooo! Im gonna try to dig up a few surprise lilies and send them to a friend.. Hopefully she will enjoy. John calles them surprise because all of a sudden you wake up to a beautiful lily that just popped up over night. Im calling them surprise because I honestly cant remember what they look like. hehe

    Now as to house cleaning.. I clean when it gets to the point of I cant stand it no more. Normally about once a week whether it needs it or not..hehe I remember when my kids were little and I was a stay at home mom.. you could eat off my floors.... I would not recommend that to anyone today..hehe

    You have a great Friday!
    Hugs

    Beep luvs Bart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how far behind your daffodils are to ours here, ours bloomed months ago. My Bearded Irises are about to bloom - they are 3 foot beauties. The first rose opened on my climbing rose bush today, and the Clematis next to my garage has three huge lilac flowers open. I love SPRING!!

    We use to have a great garden center in our area, kind of like the one you went to and posted pictures of, but unfortunately they closed. It seems like the bog box stores, with garden centers, give the family owned nurseries too much of a run for their money.

    Great news about Casey going to Mayo, when will this be? Apartment hunting... but that means that then you'll be all alone!

    Those sweet puppies! I can never look at enough pictures of them! (Love the picture of Punk in the pink bath robe.)

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending prayers that Casey is able find the perfect reservation apartment...having all of that covered will/would be a HUGE bonus and help. Darn. First her pancreas, now her colon. So not good.

    Love the doggie pictures, especially the one with a certain dog wearing a pink bathrobe. hehehe

    Glad your flowers are finally showing their heads...just about everything around here is in full bloom...daffodils are gone though. The rest would blind you with their bright colors.

    Sending hugs to you and Casey.

    me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree w/ your comments in regards to housecleaning! I try to do what I can but sometimes it just gets away from me. And sometimes, I confess, I just have other things I'd rather do.

    I hope Casey has better luck w/ the Mayo Clinic and that she has some relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same rule... come to see me come anytime... you want to see my house, call first....way first....

    ReplyDelete
  6. GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!!

    Love to you all! (As I am catching up on trying to reply to your comments)!

    Have a grand weekend!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Connie!
    Laughing at your "shhh"... (Who shall I tell)?
    Regarding CaseyFace... The pancreas is so important to our digestion, so it is all related... (Then throw in the painkillers and one thing leads to another).
    I am certainly no doctor, but oh!, the education of these past few years.
    That and common sense. Maybe I should have been one!
    hehehe
    "Suprose" lilies! how very cool! All I have around here are the tiger lilies, but they surely soak up lots of water and sunshine too!

    SOOOO funny that right after I'd posted my entry, Jesse came walking in the front door.
    Clean house? He doesn't care one whit about it all. He came to see Casey and I. We spent a wonderful morning just chatting.
    When the girls were little, I washed my floor every night after supper. And yes, one could have eaten off of it too.
    Now I think I need a loom for all this dog/cat hair!
    hehehe

    ReplyDelete


  8. Sweet RT!
    The daffodil that is ready to open there is one that was on the north side of the house, under all that snow/ice from winter too. One would think that the others would have been first to open, but no! How strange!
    I wish I had a clematis out behind the garage. I have tried to coax them up the chimney back there, but the danged chipmunk/gophers kill them before they have a chance. I even had gotten one from Paul a LONG time ago... It was HUGE! And that one died off too. (SO upset about that)...

    I am never alone Sweetie. Between the phone, the computer and the animals, (vermin included), I am never alone.


    ReplyDelete


  9. Sweet Cat!
    See my comment to Connie. Caseys medical issues are all related.
    You just wait... until I take a few pics of my own blinding colors!
    They will be a little wilder than most, but OH, we love to watch the butterflies and birds in them.


    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet Cristy!
    Lordy people put way too much stock in having a filed house don't they? And I hate houses that I don't even feel comfortable sitting in... Like I will break something somehow.
    But mine has surely gotten away from me with my stupid back. I don't have a mop. I always just use the fresh hot dishwater and paper towels to get the top layer of fur and dust off.
    And NO matter how they advertise those towels, they are NOT reusable.
    hehehe
    At least not around here...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet Pea,
    I don't even have to call first to come see you???
    see you soon then.
    j/k

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anne, you don't need to call first... You can just show up on the porch. Of course you might need to call to get IN the house.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm really liking your flowers..I don't see those down here!!!...I'm sorry Casey is going through yet another "mess"..She just can't win for losing, but yeaaaaaaaaaaa for apartment hunting...Good luck!!!

    Miss Punk looks mauuuuuuuuvalous in her sweater!!!..Whatta ham.

    You are always welcome to come visit..We have a lil mag-brush for you to use to roll off the dog hair on your way out hehe.. hugsssss xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. No worries Pea, I will just wave my magic wand. Failing that, the porch is just fine.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  15. But WYCKieBaby, don't you have a rug that I could just push it under?
    hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete



  16. PS I am thinking that with these open invitations, and with gas near to $4.00/gallon, I will need to be shining up my thumb...


    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely had a blast going to Green Acres! They have such beautiful plants there and it's usually nice and warm even if it's windy out! It's also a real treat to see all the animals there, it seems as though they add more and more every year! It's too bad Walter didn't want to move, though, the ducklings were SO cute!!!!

    Warming up the dogs is fun to do as well as fun to watch! It's always a blast to see them run through the woods and see what kind of creatures and fun they come across... It was hilarious that one day to have Punkie so eager to jump in the river and then jumped right out because of the cold! And then she did it again!!! :D Sometimes I really think she has DADD.... :D

    Thank you so much for taking me out to look at more places on the reservation. Hopefully we'll hear some great news soon and be on our way to a speedy recovery!! YAY!!!!

    I believe the show that you would have been watching is called "Wife-Swap". The whole point of that show is to trade wives for a period of time and have each other realize that the "grass isn't always greener on the other side..." I agree though, some of the women that are on there are PSYCHO!!!! It's amazing how condescending people can be toward others....

    Love you Much Much!
    ~CaseyAnne

    ReplyDelete



  18. Green acres is the place for me.
    Farm livin' is the life for me.
    Land spreadin' out so far and wide.
    Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside.


    New York is where I'd rather stay.
    I get allergic smelling hay.
    I just adore a penthouse view.
    Dah-ling I love you but give me Park Avenue.


    ...The chores.
    ...The stores.
    ...Fresh air.
    ...Times Square


    You are my wife.
    Good bye, city life.
    Green Acres we are there.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Uggg Bobo...
    That 'fish' head that Miss Milly brought back that I buried?
    What the heck kind of prehistoric fish live down there anyway???

    That's the word, 'condesceding' that I was looking for when I typed that one up.
    She was nasty.
    And remember my barf bag blog? She would have said more than a few things on that one!
    HAHAHA

    Time to fly- (Some little kid keeps IM'ing me, and derailing my train of thought)...

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete