[My] Life in Wisconsin

Sunrise...

Sunrise...
Sunrise... magnify
hehehe
(search "Green Acres", the photo is everywhere).
;-)
.
.

Good Morning Everyone;
First of all to say that I hope you had a great weekend, and were able to get outside and breathe deeply of the Spring weather.


We did.


And found myself moved enough NOT to ignore the possibility of a garden this year, back be damned.


Like I said, I promised hell or high water, to get the old Simplicity tractor running again this year. (Methinks I shall be driving it into the ground- there seems to be no one brave enough to rebuild the engine)...

.

.

CaseyFace got tractor duty!

.

.

Notice the front bumper of the Roadmaster... lower right
Parked there, waiting for the tiller to die.
But it didn't die once as we got the garden ready!!

.

I dug out some old kohlrabis as Bobo could not bend without severe pain.
Not too sure what the tradeoff was for her,
as the tiller weighs a ton, and I do not have a hydraulic lift on it.
But we got through it too. The end justifying the means...

To me, there is nothing in the world that smells as sweet as freshly turned Spring soil either. Must be the farm girl blood in my veins.

We still have much to do to prepare this little garden. (Beginning with tilling it over again)...

So last night to have slept like a rock! (Say "YAY")!

Upon awakening this morning to know that I was up a wee bit earlier than the sun...

.

.

The leaves and blossoms on the apple trees are just beginning to bud.
.
.
I snuck a camera peek at the gardens and the fields.
(No, we do not till the darn field)...
hehehe
Can you imagine if we had to do that???
.
.

To see this all, (even though it killed my back), was such a grand way to wake up.

.

.

But the camera pulled in a downward move...
(as did my thoughts),
And centered on this...
.
.
Oh that's right.
It did it to me again...
She died.
And I left her right where she was too.

Yes, I will be getting it going once more today...
(just 'later').
.
.

And life goes on...

Wishing you all a magnificent week!

Love to all!

XOXO,
Anne

PS
I see Casey (aka BOBO) has posted a new blog entry too!
CLICK HERE if you have not read it yet.
.
.
 
Originally posted to my Y! 360, Monday May 5, 2008 - 08:37am (CDT) 4

11 comments:

  1. Posted this to make her feel better...
    Poor little BOBO...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to see you getting your gardens going again! And I agree that nothing smells better than fresh-turned dirt!

    How'd you post the funny "OUCH!" video? I thought your connection wasn't fast enough for You Tube stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet RT...
    I can GET to you tube, but it takes forever to down/upload any of the stuff.
    No, I haven't watched it, but the author claims it is funny, so I took a chance...
    Hopefully they weren't lying...
    (And hopefully their sense of humor is quite like my own too)!
    hehehe

    Love to you!

    XOXO
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should go hunting for someone who is either brave enough to rebuild the engine or brave enough to buy you a new one!! :D It seems to be that no matter what we do, it'll start as long as the roadmaster is on the other end of the jumper cables! It's like the energizer bunny... Only a LOT older! Hee hee hee

    That picture that you took of the sunrise is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I like that it's dark enough out to show the contrast between the sky and the ground, yet light enough to show the definition lines of everything! Just perfect!!!

    That video is HILARIOUS!! I remember singing that and dancing all over the house when I was little... I think it was one of my favorite songs!!!

    Love you Much Much!
    ~Bobo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne...trust me when I say the video is funny and OUCH! hehehe

    I agree with Casey...find a brave soul to either rebuild or buy you a new one.

    Sunrise picture was beautiful. It's been a long time since I saw one...but then I changed my hours once I retired so.....

    Have a great one.

    hugs
    me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Ed~Bobo;
    Hunting??? Did you say "HUNTING"???
    hehehe
    I have just cut a bit of lawn, and that darned chipmunk/gopher/rodent was by the sandbox, LAUGHING at me.
    Please come and shoot him/her dead, or I shall have to tie the cat out...

    But it is a noble idea... Wonder if we could find any 'takers'???

    I remember you singing (and dancing to) that song too.
    Naked.
    And singing your little heart out!

    XOXO
    Love Auntie "M"
    ~

    ReplyDelete

  7. Sweet Donna!
    I am glad it was funny!!! I shall trust you on that!

    Sounds as if you should break tradition every now and then and wake up to enjoy the sunrise!
    There is something so quiet and beautiful about it.
    Well, except for that damnable tractor...
    hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good evening Bart!
    I dont know if its the country girl in you are not.. I have to admit to liking the smell of the freshly dug dirt of a garden, whether its for flowers or veggies. We got to plant last week and Im looking forward to seeing the fruits of our labor.. I suppose I should be ready to pick..hehe
    JT will be his normal pimpin self with his two ho's out in the garden.

    Casey looks like a natural out on that tractor!

    What beautiful sunrise shots you got!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. hehehe
    Good Mornin' Sweet Beep!
    Laughing at your 'pimpin' hubby!
    Am thinking I should get on about returning your jars to you soon... Your garden will be so far ahead of mine...
    sigh
    "longitudinal" problem...

    Casey did look great on that tractor... And I had to RUN to go get the dang camera too. (Not sure why it wasn't in my pocket like always)...
    She IS cute!

    Love to you (Both you and your pimp)!

    XOXO
    Anne

    Bart loves Beep
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. O, I am so jealous of you and your garden! I love fresh veggies...and something about knowing you grew them yourself just makes them taste all that much better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It has been too long since I had a morning dose of Annies blog...and now I am confused.
    How did Casey become Bobo? By looking on her page it says she is your AUNT? Am I getting polluted air causing this all to be too weird? Help!

    Anyway, Great you got the Garden tilled....I am almost done smelling the spring dirt here....almost.

    Your really close to someone elses tilling too, I bet you smell an aweful lot of dirt these days :)

    Have a wonderful day....sniffing dirt, lol.

    ReplyDelete