[My] Life in Wisconsin

The Ax Men Cometh...

The Ax Men Cometh...
 

 magnify

hehehe

.
Good Morning All;
Short of a few shots of life on the waterlogged farm, I have none of my own place, (save two), to post.

However, I do have a few that I'd taken at Kelli and Tims last night.
.
.
By the time I got there, these ax men already had much of the offending tree down, and were working on the base of the tree.
.
.

That's not a power line~
It's the rope to drop the wood
more carefully than gravity alone.

.
.

.
.
One man on the roof, doing the sawing...
.
.
Another on the ground, holding the rope...
.
.

.
.
Little by little that chainsaw won...
.
.


.
.
The base was notched...
.
.

The chainsaw stuck!
hehehe

(Seems to be a Chainsaw~Eating~Tree)...
.
.

So you just fire it up anyway...
.
.


And the rest is history!
.
.

Happy faces all around
.
.

Casey and Kelli!
And Casey's shirt says:
"Horse Lovers Are Stable People"
?
?


.
.
The sky was threatening once more, so Casey and I left~
I wanted to get a few WILD sections of my lawn cut.
But Mother Nature was having none of it!
.
.

.
.
A few sprinkles later...

And she left us with this...
.
.

Cnv0422..
.
.
.

....



.

I'd better close for now...
.

It's time for me to clean my house.
.
After all,
.


.
hehehe
 


Have a 'wunnaful' Tuesday!

Love to all!

XOXO
Anne

 
Originally posted to my Y! 360, Tuesday June 17, 2008 - 07:57am (CDT)

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow. I almost lived it as I looked at the pictures lol:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was really a huge tree, what a shame to lose it. But those big old trees can be so destructive when they decide to fall, so they were lucky they didn't have a lot more damage to their house.

    When I saw the first rainbow picture I thought... there it is - Annie's little pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, how can you beat that? Then I saw the second picture with the DOUBLE RAINBOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad to lose such a grand tree but it WAS EVIL! It ate chain saws for lunch and houses for dinner!

    Such a lovely rainbow!



    ReplyDelete
  4. Now THAT'S what I call a tree! Makes the little diddy branch I had chopped off look more like kindling wood! It's always sad to see an old tree being taken down, but like 'recon..' said, rather that than have it come crashing through your roof! And that looked alarmingly close to the house.

    Love the rainbow shots (and the posing duo in the foreground of the double rainbow....

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw a double rainbow too! It came out Friday evening after a brief thunderstorm and it was so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the rainbow....and Caseys Shirt!!!

    I'm glad the tree removal went safely and all is well at Kelli's once more :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad Casey's looking better! Also nice to see that they got that tree taken care of. Nice rainbow. XOXO,Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi ya Bart! (aka..the ladybug)

    What an awesome DOUBLE rainbow!!! Awesome!!!!

    Yep just got home.. and thought I would check out the blogs a moment before I head towards the bed. Freakin Pager!!!!

    Looks like those guys knew exactly what they were doing with that tree... Im glad they got it down without too much damage.. Looky at all the firewood they have now! hehe What kind of tree was it?

    And btw....

    Martha dont live here either.. damnittall! hehe

    Have an awesome Wednesday!

    Mucho Hugs


    BeepluvsBart(aka.the ladybug).com

    Im must agree that Casey is looking beautiful as ever! Punks not to bad either, and of course Mr Miller was showing his best side..hehe (sorry couldnt resist that one)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to see you Miss Anna....
    I hope that things your way are drying out a bit.

    I am thinking about you and Casey....
    Be well my friend!

    ReplyDelete