[My] Life in Wisconsin

Cluck. Cluck. (And More Cluck)...

 

magnify

This title picture has NOTHING to do with the blog...
.
Good Morning Everyone;
From what I hear, most of you are safe and sound. I have yet to hear from my friend Wyck. But I know that they did leave Baytown, following mandatory evac orders.

After waiting to hear from Miss Jenne, I finally called. (Of course her phone does not work at her house, so no answer there).
I called Aaron; and he reassured me that all was well.
Jenne called last night then, using Aaron's phone- Nice to hear their voices after praying, reading, watching all night and day...

But then Mr. Isaiah came on the phone.
He literally demanded to know why I lived so far away?
(Will have to buy that boy an atlas)... hehehe

I have only a few moments here as I will be picking up Gabriel and then Roberta, for another visitation. Twice now and it is raining both times. And no, our rain is not courtesy of Ike; rather a cold front moving in on us. Winds out of the northeast...
.
.
Cnv0210 by you.

.
.
Yet, with the rains we so badly needed, it does make for some pretty pictures...
.
.
Cnv0203 by you.
.
.
Cnv0209 by you.
.
.
Cnv0205 by you.
.
.
Cnv0197 by you.
Has anyone ever seen berries on ferns???
.
.

Cnv0195 by you.
Does anyone know what kind of grass/plant this is?
.
.
I snuck over to Kelli's too...
.
.
Cnv0181 by you.
Her old barn...
.
.
.
Cnv0184 by you.
And their pond too!

Not sure where her and Tim had gone to,
but if I had a view like this I wouldn't leave.
.
Speaking of Kelli...
She had tickets to our Green Bay Packers season opener on Monday Night; and against those dastardly Vikings....
Almost needless to say, she has been fighting with laryngitis all week!
.
.
Cnv0081 by you.
You go, Girl!
.
Will have to catch you up on the rest of my week in a bit. I must close and go get Gabriel...

Love to all!

XOXO
Anne

 
originally posted to my Y! 360, Sunday September 14, 2008 - 12:29pm (CDT)

21 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that Jenne and family have weathered the storm and are OK.

    What beautiful photos! The two photos taken at Kelli's look like photos from a fairy tale. And your flowers, and especially the pine, are so pretty after the rain. The only fern I've ever seen with red berries is an asparagus fern, but the fern leaves aren't the right kind for that, they leaves are spiky sort of like the golden spiky plant in the picture below the fern picture.

    Hope all goes well with Gabriel and Roberta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god...your camera and you take awesome pictures...what type of camera do you use? The pond and really all of the others are so breath taking!! I have a cannon that I am learning to use...I upgraded too an a560 but not sure if I am doing something wrong..it zooms but does not zoom backwards ...anyhow it was a refurbished...but still I may be doing something wrong..anyhow..again ...I love your pictures....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad everyone is sound and safe...god bless you and yours...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super happy everyone is OK. I have heard of Barry hitting on Fern, but I don't know if he got on top of her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya Bart,

    What beautiful shots you got! That pine is absolutely gorgeous!

    Glad to hear the family is doing well .. and thats too funny Mr Issah fussing at you for living so far away..haha.

    Hope you have a wonderful visit with Mr Gabe.

    Hugs and luv to you


    beepluvsbart.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous of Kellie.
    And yes , I get berries AND flowers on my asparagus fern ...don't know why but I do.
    Love the pictures especially the pond
    oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really need to consider doing pictures professionally girl. I wanted to let you know that I am trying to keep up with you and let you know that I'm still around. I will fill you in soon. Talk to ya soon.

    Lots of love. XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures Anne!

    The close up of the pine needles is stunning!

    I have a weed/grass chart around here someplace. Have no idea where though. Is that plant you ask about kinda sticky or thorny like?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet RT

    I looked for a trail of bread crumbs at Kelli's, but haven't found it yet-
    D'ya suppose she has little children in that barn? (I never looked).

    I always disremember to water the plants on the north side. Please know that these ferns grow really round and BIG too- Probably some years I have seen them about 3' across. Thick too.
    As for the asparagus, I use that when I cut flowers and bring them in for the table. Makes a nice fill and background for them in any vase.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet Becca
    hehehe
    Even when I whine or rant, it's still all good news.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet Bobbie;
    I can't tell you what kind of camera I use. It is one of the few things around here, besides the bananas, that are foreign made.
    OK OK I confess!
    I have two cameras. One older, and one newer. Both are Sony. And both take some nice pictures. (Especially when those flowers actually smile and say "cheese").
    Both of the cameras also have zoom, and macro- I use the macro setting for the close ups. My guess would be that you just haven't discovered that setting on your own camera. It is probably there?

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. hehehe

    Mr KhoolMan;
    Written like a true man!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  13. Hiyaself Sweet Beep!
    hehehe
    I had to ask Isaiah to repeat his question because I thought I had misunderstood- (and like myself, I was hearing Jenne chuckle in the background).
    And it really WAS a fuss too- almost like he was pointing a finger at me!
    Too funny

    XOXO
    Me

    bartluvsbeep.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet Bug

    Lemme see...
    You either love old barns, quiet ponds, or laryngitis...
    ?
    hehehe
    (My guess would be the laryngitis)!
    And if I ever find some old Packer tix laying around, I know who to send them to (that is, if I can't find anyone close by to go with me).

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  15. GO PACK!!!!


    ~
    And too weird that you wrote this- Last Monday I was having Gabriel say GO PACKERS!
    and BOO VIKINGS!
    (Complete with thumbs up and thumbs down)...

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  16. Sweet PeachieBaby!
    Go find that chart!
    Now which one do you mean silly girl?

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to hear everyone is safe from Ike!! What great pictures Anne! I love them all and the water makes them neat!!! I hope you'll enjoy your new week too!! Hope Gabriel is doing good. Hugs your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I, too, am very glad that everyone was kept safe from Ike... Bad Ike, bad...

    You should submit those photos into contests! You could win a FORTUNE!!! They are very beautiful... I love photos of water on plants or flowers... It has always been a captivating sight for me...

    I'm sorry to hear about Kelli losing her voice... I'm glad she got to enjoy that WONDERFUL game that night! :D

    Well, I must go do the dishes so I can dirty some more...

    Love you much much!
    ~CaseyAnne

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad to hear you got the news that Jenne and family were safe. I was wondering about that as I sat here disconnected from the world the last 4 days :)

    ReplyDelete