[My] Life in Wisconsin

10 Thoughts For Friday.

319346420_150x150_Front

 

You ARE loved!


Good Afternoon!
I know it is Friday, but if I have 10 Thoughts today you will just have to put up with me.


  1. I have a little running around to do today.
    A few groceries, but especially to get Miss Milly some extra red cedar chips for her doghouse.
    It is insulated and warm, and already has 1 full bag in it, along with a blanket. Just that I will feel better knowing she has an extra few inches of those.
    Not only do these chips add warmth, but they keep the bugs out.

    Besides, some @~hole meteorologist has predicted the “S” word for Sunday. That and some really high winds. I have enough on my mind that I don't care to be fighting with Milly to get her in the house.


  2. Speaking of keeping things out...
    I still do not know where the danged mice are getting in my house! This is an ongoing battle as you well know.
    But we have a score too.

    • Sputnik = 3 (Great claws, good reaction time)!
    • Me = 3 (Good trap, lots of peanut butter)!


    A tie score, but it represents a few more croaks for the vermin.
    Credit where credit is due, Punk helps too- Sometimes growling. Sometimes barking.



  3. Fred Bartz was here to pump out the septic tank last week; and I still have to cover it up. It is raining, so I will not be doing it today. But yes, it does need to be done before that ground freezes.


  4. Some of you did not know that a 'grundy' is when your undies creep into the crack of your butt and annoy the heck out of you. (At least this is the definition that I have always known).
    hehehe


  5. My back is killing me once again; and I am SO at a loss to know how to make it better. I have good and decent muscle tone in my back so it shouldn't keep doing this.
    It pains me to even walk, sit, or rest.
    (Feels like that damned jackass had a sledge hammer this time).

    Yes, (no nagging please), I do have to call in for my ear.
    It got better for a few days but the cotton batting feeling is back; and I don't like that it reminds me of having a bag over my head.


  6. I don't know how many of you actually clicked on any of the links I posted the other day.
    Casey will quite possibly be having her pancreas removed.
    This procedure is called a TP/AIT.
    I have learned that this procedure differs from a TP/ICP, in that the one she will probably have will hopefully use her own islet cells for transplantation within her liver. The other procedure uses islet cells from a cadaver.

    This TP/AIT brings the hope that she might not have to become insulin dependent.
    But even if she needs insulin, it is better than living in pain like this.

    TP =  Total Pancreatectomy.
    ICT = Islet Cell Transplant,
    AIT = Autologous Islet Transplant (your own islet cells transplanted).

    As always, I have more questions than answers at this point. When we get to Minnesota I can only hope that many of our fears will be alleviated; and that our questions will be honestly assessed and answered.


  7. As if this news isn't hard enough, our Baby Sam is now living with his brother Gabriel.
    Gabriel is still at foster care.
    I have not seen him for a week now. Too much other stuff going on.

    • If Miss Marie would like to blog about it she will.
    • If not, then please know she has done NOTHING wrong!


    Lawrence.
    Gabriel.
    Sam.
    Know that this all makes me ill to even think about.
    Mostly just Gabriel and Sam because these are the two that were in their mothers care.

    ~Lawrence is just so very far away; but he is well~loved, cared for, and he knows where his "home" is...
    ...And he knows that part of that 'home' is right here too.

    • Know that Jenné and Aaron, (and Isaiah),
      will be adopting Gabriel.

    This process takes time; especially with their family living in Texas.
    I do not think they are able to expand their children in triplicate at this point.
    ~That cited, Baby Sam's future remains uncertain.


  • I am a magician now, having turned ketchup to yarn!

    I burnt the hell out of my meatloaves last night, napping through the phone ringing.
    My house still smells like burnt meatloaf.
    And my little ketchup streaks across the tops looked like shiny yarn.

    If I was rich I would just chuck out those bread pans of mine.
    Dammitallanyway, and I was SO hungry for meatloaf.

    I haven't burnt anything in many, many years...

    Punk did not much care for it either.
    Miss Milly will be my last hope before it ends up in the dumpster.


  • What's up with the new Yahoo profile crap?
    Here's MY link.
    http://profiles.yahoo.com/u/XCAXGW5T5O7KNYMUTB73UITNEQ


  • Hoping that y'all can forgive me if I am not here as much as I have been in the past.
    As always, I will try to get around to your blogs.
    I will be around, but can make no promises until this next chapter of Casey's life is completely fixed.
    Times are many that I cannot even seem to concentrate on what I am reading.


    So now you know what's up in my little corner of Flintville!


    I hope all is well with everyone; and in advance I thank you for your thoughts and answers here.


    Love to all.
    Have a grand weekend!

    XOXO
    Anne


  • Originally posted to my Y! 360, Friday October 24, 2008 - 12:06pm (CDT)

    36 comments:

    1. How does eating peanut butter help you in catching mice? Wouldn't a PBJ sandwich be more delicious?

      ReplyDelete
    2. I send my prayers out to all of you Annie, especially those little ones that
      can't help themselves and don't even know or understand what's going on.
      I hope that the procedure Casey will be having works for her, and I will be
      praying for her during that time, as well for the doctors to help guide them
      through the surgery. I hope that you get better with your back and ear.
      I always find that a sock filled with warm salt pressed up against my ear
      tends to help my earache. Something my mother always did when I was
      growing up and it always helped. As for your back, I dunno, mine aches
      too sometimes, and it has no reason too. Nothing seems to help it either.
      Oh well, huh. Take care of yourself Annie.

      Much love and big hugs to you and Casey ~ Susan X♥X♥X♥

      ReplyDelete
    3. Cedar sounds pretty cozy for miss Milly...my own terrible two can't decide whether they want to be indoor or outdoor dogs....neither can make it through the night without wanting out. Once out, they curl up and go to sleep.WTH? We might be making a cozy outdoor kennel of our own if this continues!

      The situation with Casey sounds complicated but it is also more info and more possibility of getting her back to functional than anything anyone has done since I have known you. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

      Burnt meatloaf....hmmm....hockey pucks? Get out the saw and cut those loaves up, lol.

      Dont worry about getting around to my blog...I understand.....I'm either late or absent here these days.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Oh and I missed commenting on the one thing that affected me the most......Gabriel and Sam. I am soooo sorry for what this must be doing to Marie and Charles (thats his name isnt it?) It really just doesnt make sense to me. He was safe well and happy there.....then they yank him....that just sucks!!!
      I am glad that Jenne is adopting Gabriel, but sad that those brothers are all ending up separate.
      I dont know how you are coping this well...that's enough stress for a whole village!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Oh my .. it seems your busy busy busy..the thing is..please stay healthy and warm...
      I know that snow is not fun for some but I envy your snow...I would give anything to dance in the lace of white falling from the sky..!! I miss it from my childhood days I guess. I suppose if I had to drive in it ...I would sing a different tune.

      ReplyDelete
    6. You just never mind about not being here as much as you'd like. We all know that you have other more important issues to deal with right now. I sure hope that this next chapter for Miss Caseyface will be the final chapter in a very long book of pain. Will continue to keep her in my prayers.

      How sad about Lil Sam!!! I hope there is other family that will be willing and able to take him in. He deserves to be loved as does Master Gabriel. Keep us posted on all that as time permits.

      Did you say SNOW????? OMG!!! I just said a four letter word!!! LOL!!!!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Hey Sweet Anne,
      As usual I've been here lurking keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Just wanted you to know that I'll pray for Gabriel & Baby Sam, Casey, yourself and Roberta too, it seems as if she really needs something. (beyond a swift kick in the you know what)

      ReplyDelete
    8. We have the S word predictedfor Monday....ofcourse Im ready...bring on the Christmas cartoons and cocoeven if it isnt halloween yet hehe

      We had a mouse get in here too. We borrowed a neighbors cat and it worked perfectly....cats for hire ...hehe

      Sorry about Gabe and Sam...

      Good luck to Casey

      What IS up with yahell these days?

      And congrats on your new found magic powers...snickers

      ReplyDelete
    9. I do think this new doctor will be a good thing for Casey... There is hope that he will be able to fix her. Keeping my prayers coming y'alls way...

      Sorry about your back hurting...
      My back hurts when the weather is about to change... Something with the air pressure and my joints...
      And your ear... My plunger is handy, just let me know... hehehe

      Burnt meatloaf just sucks... Apparently you weren't supposed to have meatloaf for dinner last night??

      Dunno what's up with the new yahoo profile thingy. I just know that I went to it, started mine (I think) and haven't been back to it. I don't even think I know HOW to get back to it... *sigh*

      Don't you worry about being here or not...
      We all know and understand that there are ALOT of things going on in your life!
      Just know that we will still be here when you are ready and able to come back!

      My final thought...
      The 'S' word??? Snow? SNow?? SNOw??? SNOW????
      YAY!! I can do a jig in honor of your 'S' word! hehehe

      Love Ya,

      Slurkie

      *does HAPPY SNOW DANCE on my way out* LOLOL!

      ReplyDelete
    10. my father loves burnt meatloaf... call him up.

      still have things crossed for casey.

      don't worry about not being here.

      SMootchies.

      ReplyDelete
    11. Hiya Rock,

      I think that name is gonna fit better than you may think for quite awhile.. and for several. One for Ms Casey that is gonna need those shoulders of both you and Greg.

      I can only pray that she heals quickly and becomes strong again.. and is able to fulfil her many dreams.

      Please be sure to take the time to let us know whats happening as much as possible.


      For Master Gabriel that needs those strong shoulders to know he is loved and will always have that love.
      For Little Man Sam that has a rough road ahead, Hopefully he will also find a loving home and a good life ahead of him.

      I think life has a way of tossing things at us that makes us Stronger and Stronger with each passing moment.

      But I know that God is good and he will not give more than we can handle.


      Now as to that meatloaf.. why on earth are you gonna risk the life of poor Milly.. just toss it on into the dumpster. You cant afford another vet bill..hehe

      Hugs and lots of luv your way!

      beepluvsrock.com

      ReplyDelete
    12. But not for the reason it was originally started. ... Just thought I would point that out!

      ReplyDelete
    13. Dear Anne,
      My thoughts and prayers are with Casey and you. I am praying that this new doctor is the one to help her. And I hope that the boys will be aright also.


      Love Deb

      ReplyDelete

    14. Mr. Khoolman;
      I am a Type A blood, so I do not eat peanut butter myself; although I do keep it on hand for the grands.

      How does it help me catching mice?
      Peanut butter works MUCH better than cheese in a mousetrap.
      Much cheaper too!
      (Can you tell I am a veteran at varmint eradication)?
      hehehe

      XOXO
      Me



      ReplyDelete
    15. Sweet Susan;
      First of all, Casey received your get well cards today.
      She giggled at your "Auntie" reference too!
      Isn't it amazing what real mail does for ones spirits? Thank you for that!

      I never knew about the salt! How neat!
      I think they have 'rice' bags like this now, but I do not know how to make them either.

      Wish I knew what the hell I did to my back! More than that, I wish it would go away.
      (The pain, not the spine)...
      hehehe

      XOXO
      Me

      ReplyDelete
    16. Sweet BethieBaby!
      Cedar, (specifically "RED" cedar chips), works so well!
      If you really are in the market for them, please do NOT ever try to $ave money by buying pine chips. While they might smell good in the bag, they usually still have pitch attached, and weep onto the dog.
      That and there are no repellent properties.
      Go to your local Fleet and Famr sore- Get the big bag. (Size of a small hay bale).
      Oh and you can also use it as a filler in their indoor doggie pillows!

      Burnt meatloaf?
      Either I am getting used to the smell, or it has finally started to dissipate.
      hehehe

      XOXO
      Me

      ReplyDelete
    17. Sometimes I think our great state of Wisconsin makes some awful choices. Especially when our angel Marie had put her heart and soul into this all for Sam.

      Now, who said I am coping anyway?
      That's a despicable lie.

      ?

      Well, isn't it?

      XOXO
      Me

      ReplyDelete

    18. And you have NO idea how happy this makes me too!

      XOXO
      me

      ReplyDelete
    19. Sweet Pam;
      I will try to get around to the people that come to comment and share with me, and I with them.
      As it is now, there are too many that just don't even come around. (And there are some of them that I cannot even remember how we connected in the first place).
      Sad, that.

      Caseys pain IS being controlled a bit more decently with the addition of the fentanyl patch, so that is a major inprovement in and of itself.
      We even went shopping for a bit today after going to the clinic to sign the referral papers for her.
      (She is much speedier at Woodmans than I am, and she only ran over 3 people today).

      I wish the boys could stay together, but sure understand that if you cannot feed them, then it's silly...
      Why they just didn't leave him with Mama Marie is beyond me!?
      Dirty potlickers...

      XOXO
      Me

      PS

      Please do not write dirty 4~letter "S" words on my page.
      (If there is cussing to be done, I will do it myself)...
      hehehe
      Will keep you posted on that too.

      ReplyDelete

    20. Sweet Yoyo;
      I am glad that you came and wrote!
      I do see you lurking too...

      As always, I thank you for your prayers!
      Are you really praying for a swift kick in the @ss for her?
      Way to go Girl!
      hehehe

      XOXO
      me

      ReplyDelete
    21. Sweet Becca!
      Cats for hire?
      Now why didn't I think of that? Kelli has a bunch of them at her place!
      hehehe
      Not sure that I would be too quick to notice them without one here fulltime though. At least not until I was completely overrun by them.
      erk!

      As a magician I kinda suck...
      hehehe
      But here's another pic...

      ~



      ~

      Clearly Punk was not impressed with what she was trying to chew!

      XOXO
      Me

      ReplyDelete
    22. Sweet SlurkieBaby!
      You have joints?
      Please send some. I hear tell that they help with pain.
      hehehe
      Then maybe you could plunge my back too?

      I am afraid this new doctor might be like all the rest.
      And then again, there is something tell me that he won't be either.
      (Yes, I do try to still see that proverbial glass as half full).

      And I will be here- Just not as much is all. i will try to keep up, not only with blogging, but with visiting too.
      Promise.

      XOXO
      Me

      PS

      You cussed 5 times on my page!
      Lucky I still talk to you!

      ReplyDelete
    23. Sweet Splat;
      I cannot call your father.
      I do this out of respect for you.
      You do NOT want him to look like this when offered a 2nd serving...

      ~


      ~
      Punk says "no thank you very much"

      And you, Pea, are surely going to rupture something if you keep things crossed for so long.

      XOXO
      Me

      ReplyDelete
    24. Sweet Beep!
      I can give her my shoulders only because I know I have yours too, along with so many others here.
      Dammit, she WILL get better, it's been too long, and way too much pain already.
      Been doing reading of course- There are many that are left with the phantom or ghost pains after their own TP/AIT's - Hope she is young enough that maybe that won't be the case!

      If I can sleep a bit longer, I will try to get Master Gabriel today. Not sure that I can handle Sam without a bit of help. (Not to mention a 2nd carseat, and an infant one at that).

      The carbons and charcoal in the meatloaf are actually good for a body; (yes, even a dogs body).
      They bind to, and remove, lots of gunky stuff from your innards, and keep ones intestines at maximum absorbtion.
      So there will be no vet bill regarding this...
      Mama Milly loved her hockey pucks!
      There will be about 4 more meals for her too!

      XOXO
      Me

      PS
      I don't think I am too keen on being stronger.

      RockLuvsBeep.com

      ~

      ReplyDelete
    25. Sweet Deb!
      I am so happy that you came by and commented too!
      I miss you, and hope all is well with you also.

      Casey will do well, and will be able to be our Casey again! (And I hope this can all be done in time for Christmas too)

      The boys have "Yusvak" blood in them, they are MY grandbabies, AND they have Pa's last name.
      That said, they too will be just fine!

      XOXO
      Me

      ReplyDelete
    26. Sweet Bobbie!
      How did I miss your comment? My apologies!

      You cussed on my page too?

      Dancing in the snow?!?!
      The 1st "s"fall that sticks around is always pretty (in a warped sort of way), but I haven't danced in it in a while either...
      Unless you count the times that the sidewalk moves out from underneath me...

      Driving in it is not a problem for me.
      But other drivers are. (The ones who see the 65mph speed limit and think they can drive that fast in any condition).
      And I don't even mind them. As long as they around me safely.
      (I do wave as I drive by them after they go in the ditch later though).

      XOXO
      Me

      ReplyDelete
    27. Fleet and Farm Store...
      (dang "finners" of mine).

      ReplyDelete
    28. Not THOSE kind of joints! You silly woman you!

      Anyways I would probably be thrown in jail if I tried to send something like that... I need a vacation but not in a cell being another womans bi*ch! LMAO!

      My plunger is good for ALL ailments. Let me know and I will start walking. I should make it there by New Years, maybe? hehehe

      Sorry for cussing... I will NEVER EVER do it again, Promise! hehehe
      I will dance and you will know why... LOL

      slurkie

      ReplyDelete

    29. Whazzamatter Slurkie?
      Are your thumbs broken?

      ReplyDelete
    30. Anne ~ I am glad Casey has possibly found someone to help her. I am sorry to hear about baby Sam, I thought he was in excellent care with Marie. However, the picture of the meatloaf really made me laugh....Take Care of Yourself......

      ReplyDelete
    31. I have phantom pains from my teeth.. But no where near the original pain. Just a dull.. achy kind of thing. It normally goes away quickly enough not to be a big deal. I think the longest I had was an hour or so.. but like I said.. just a dull ache.. not like the original.

      ReplyDelete

    32. So great to see yet another Angel on my page Sweet Katie!

      Baby Sam was always in most excellent care with Sweet Marie.
      Quite like when Lady V is in your care, I never once worried about him with her.
      (I hope Marie chooses to blog this all, but know she loves Little Man Sam with all her heart).

      Love to all.

      XOXO
      Me

      PS
      You LAUGHED at my meatloaf???
      hehehe
      I can now too...

      ReplyDelete
    33. Oh and please do not be afraid to go to Miss Marie's site and leave a note for her.

      http://bigmak6figure.multiply.com/

      XOXO
      Me

      ReplyDelete