[My] Life in Wisconsin

Bag Coffee Recall- Is YOUR state listed?


http://www.fda.gov/oc/po/firmrecalls/sunnymaid10_08.html
I just cannot begin to tell you how very surprised I am by this latest recall.
(And I hope you enjoy sarcasm).

Oddly enough, China has not yet figured out how to poison our clothes.
Hmmm...
Or have they?

___________________________

Mr. Brown 3-In-1 & and 2-In-1 Powdered Packets in Bag Coffee Mixes Due To Health Risk

Contact:
Linda Chen
email: smc88@att.net

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -- October 1, 2008 – Sunny Maid Corp. of Monterey Park, California is voluntarily recalling Mr. Brown 3-in-1 and 2-in-1 POWDERED PACKETS IN BAG COFFEE MIXES, because they are potentially contaminated with melamine.

The Mr. Brown 3-in-1 and 2-in-1 POWDERED PACKETS IN BAG COFFEE MIXES are sold in PLASTIC BAGS, each containing 30 individual packets. Although seven flavors are available in Asia, ONLY THREE FLAVORS ARE IMPORTED INTO THE U.S. The three flavors being recalled are:

1. Mr. Brown 3-in-1 POWDERED PACKETS IN BAG COFFEE MIX – Mandheling;
2. Mr. Brown 3-in-1 POWDERED PACKETS IN BAG COFFEE MIX – Arabica;
3. Mr. Brown 2-in-1 POWDERED PACKETS IN BAG COFFEE MIX – Mandheling.

** CANNED MR. BROWN COFFEE PRODUCTS ARE NOT AFFECTED BY THE RECALL. **

The recall was initiated after the manufacturer notified Sunny Maid that these 3-in-1 and 2-in-1 Coffee Mix products may contain melamine. Although only certain lots are potentially contaminated, Sunny Maid is recalling all lots. No illnesses associated with this product have been reported to date.

Product was distributed to the states of CA, FL, GA, IA, IN, KS, KY, MA, MI, MN, NC, NM, NV, OH, PA, RI, TN, TX, VA, WA, and WI to wholesale distributors and retail stores.

Consumers who purchased the product are urged to return it to the place of purchase for a refund. Consumers with questions may email the company at smc88@att.net.

___________________________

So what's it going to take for people to start to read the damned labels?

XOXO
Anne

21 comments:

  1. I'll see your "YIKES" and raise you a "Holy Carp"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now everyone, go to your cupboards and check everything.

    If the labels say "Distributed by" chances are almost 100% that it is imported.
    Then you have to find out where from. (Online or call the 800 # on the item).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll see your "Holy Carp" and raise you a "WTF?"

    China recalls are becoming ridiculous! It's to the point now that Kaylee looks at her toys to see if they're "Made In China". To which most are... Why, oh why, don't we just boycott China's things...

    As for the coffee in our house we drink Yuban but I will go check out the packaging...

    ReplyDelete
  4. God I love your little girl.
    Please give her a copy of my "Don't Feed The Dragon"
    hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    The top reason all this shit is coming in is because we freakin' buy it!
    The 2nd reason all this shit is getting imported is because we (USofA) owe China a zillion dollars.
    So...


    And please don't only check your coffee Sweet Slurk

    ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see your YIKES and double raise your HOLY CRAP!!!!!

    Cee's drama class just finished selling coffee for their drama productions and have already sent in their order. I sure hope this isn't part of this recall. I just sent Cee's drama teacher an email making her aware of this. Thanks so much for this info.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well theres my state good thing Im not a big coffee drinker

    Actually they have found a way with the clothes....

    not long ago they were saying that hair bands made in China were made with rubber from recycled condoms!!! YUCK

    Def. do not feed that dragon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our govt would never allow it. We owe china millions. They own us. We know it and they know it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I am SO glad you NEVER use sarcasm in your blogs either!!


    hehehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are welcome!
    Just another reason to 'know' this stuff!
    Let me know what she says--- Hope you told her what "Distributed By" means too.

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't drink a lot of coffee either- (It falls out, and makes everything else fall out too).
    Just wanted to post this because so many people DO drink it.

    Here's my post on those hair braid thingies...

    XOXO
    Me

    http://flintville.multiply.com/links/item/26

    ~

    ReplyDelete

  11. Not Millions- BILLIONS. and close to a TRillion.

    Between China and Japan, they probably own more of the US than we do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. China covered up milk scare to protect Olympics
    More sickening shit from China...

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081001/wl_afp/chinafoodsafetychildmedia_081001034157;_ylt=AsFT7wZZAPlfeiaJ8D34k3is0NUE

    They sacrificed their own babies, since MAY???

    "I could not send any reporters out to investigate. Therefore, I harboured a deep sense of guilt and defeat at the time."

    Fu's blog posting was later removed, although it could be read on some overseas Chinese websites. Fu himself could not be reached for comment.

    An estimated 53,000 Chinese children have been sickened after the industrial chemical melamine was added to milk products, and four infants have died.

    The first of the baby deaths was on May 1, more than four months before the scandal went public.

    Starting with Sanlu milk powder, the scare has gone on to envelop numerous Chinese firms and international companies operating in China, including global giants Cadbury and Unilever."

    Click above to read more.

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its china.....they dont care about babies....they practice genocide as a means of birth control

    ReplyDelete
  14. more reasons to buy fresh and grind your own damn coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What I don't understand is why we buy ANYTHING made in china

    ReplyDelete
  16. Who cares about the govt??? The govt doesn't care about us! We as a nation should ban together and boycott China... If we quit buying, they're bound to suffer right?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have never heard of this brand. But then again, I sorta weened myself from coffee a few years ago. It stopped tasting like coffee should taste. I still get an occasional cup maybe once every 2 or 3 months. But my own coffee maker has been retired and moved from my kitchen cabinets as a regular fixture.

    But I fully agree that we should stop buying stuff made in China. Or any other country for that matter. Many many years ago my sister lost her job in a jeans factory because they were moving to Mexico to hire cheaper labor. If the U.S.of A. would stop relying on other countries we might still have more jobs here too. But then, there is so much politics involved in all that it is unreal.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree. I thought the person who I was replying to was speaking of boycott at the national level , as in our govt ceasing trade with China. Now rereading their comment I can see they may have meant it the way you suggest. I do try to avoid products from China. Difficult....but not impossible as Anne often says...giggles

    ReplyDelete
  19. well I see now both of them actually was you...ahhahaha.

    forgive me its early....

    ReplyDelete