[My] Life in Wisconsin

Canada Really IS Mean!

Good Morning Everyone:

I hope you have read last nights blog with the update on Casey's 2nd surgery.
If not, please click here.

.
.

Another Surgery 017
She has quite a thick binder already...
.

Now in to my title.
This is ever so nasty of Canada-
(Please remember that Canada hates me). Click on those words if you do not recall...
I spoke too soon in last nights blog entry- Showing the all clear weather icon.

Here's the update:
.

.

 
?
Notice how the band of snow goes from Minneapolis straight through to Green Bay- With heavier bands coming straight at BOTH cities... (Just in case Canada misses me in one place).
hehehe


Now that just stinks.

And here's the icons I should have used...
.
.
snow... snow ... snow... snow ... snow... snow ... snow
.
.
I spoke to Randy's mom the day of Casey's 2nd surgery. She too is more than ready for Spring to come. Knowing that "Winter" only began a scant 9 days ago is not anything to write home about.

Green Bay is to get 5+ additional inches of snow- Already December in Green Bay and surrounding areas (which includes Flintville by the way) has set a record for December snowfall.

And this little alert came out just an hour or so ago.

.
.

Severe Weather Alert
456 AM CST TUE DEC 30 2008 ...


/O.NEW.KGRB.WS.W.0010.081230T1200Z-081231T0300Z/
OUTAGAMIE-BROWN-KEWAUNEE-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...APPLETON...GREEN BAY...ALGOMA

WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM CST THIS EVENING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GREEN BAY HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW. SNOW WILL CONTINUE TO SPREAD OVER CENTRAL WISCONSIN THIS MORNING AND WILL BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES. ACCUMULATIONS OF 4 TO 5 INCHES CAN BE EXPECTED BY THIS EVENING...
HOWEVER, RADAR INDICATES A LOCALLY HIGHER NARROW BAND OF SNOW IS DEVELOPING WHICH COULD PRODUCE SNOW AMOUNTS OF 6 TO 7 INCHES.
INCREASING NORTHEAST WINDS TO 15 TO 25 MPH WILL PRODUCE SOME BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF THE SNOW.
A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL HAZARDOUS.
IF YOU MUST TRAVEL...USE EXTREME CAUTION...OR WAIT UNTIL THE STORM HAS ENDED.
(Stolen from HERE)

___________________

Current conditions as of 4:53 am CST

Cloudy 16°

Barometer: 30.1 in and falling
Humidity: 55%
Visibility: 10 mi
Dewpoint: 5°


Tonight    Tomorrow     Thu        Fri                  Sat 6-10 Day
Snow
Partly Cloudy
Snow
Snow Showers
Few Snow Showers

High: 20°
Low: 4°
High: 12°
Low: 1°
High: 23°
Low: 12°
High: 16°
Low: 8°
High: 23°
Low: 17°
?

___________________

Prayers go out to all of my family and friends that will be traveling to/from work in this garbage for the umpteenth time this year.

Know that as I type, there is snow falling here- Fresh tracks in the driveway below tell me we have barely gotten an inch at this point. Just enough to grease up the roads...

Every now and then I chance to actually see a snowplow here in Minneapolis. Seeing them though, clearing the roads of the heavy wet snows, it never fails to amaze me that those plows shoot off some pretty decent fireworks as they screech down the road. Even in all the wet snow.
Cool to see all the sparks.

Still nicer back home where the plows go through on a regular basis, salting and sanding to keep us safe(r) than here.

Punk went back to sleep as soon as it became apparent to her that she wasn't getting outside anytime soon this morning. I have been fighting with my head for a couple of days, and finally took a Maxalt last night.
That keeps me very close to the toidy due to the effect it has on my innards.

Somehow this dog of mine always seems to understand...
.
.
013
I am so thankful that I have her.
.
.
.
Besides, she really is kind of cute!
.
.
.
.Day after 2nd surgery 011
hehehe
.
.
My own anxiety attacks have been at an all time high. I take my little stuff, (which is supposed to help), and wonder how bad it would all be without those meds?
Nope. On 2nd thought, I really don't want to go there...

Yet, I think I am lucky- Things could always be much worse on so very many levels, so I shall try not to complain (too loudly).

My love to all.

XOXO
Anne

?

In closing...
These words have always been close to my heart.
........I only wish the whole world was thus.

.
.

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all people.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to all, even to the dull and ignorant;
they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive people, they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself to others you will become vain and bitter;
there will always be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery.
But let not this blind you to the virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself; especially do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love;
in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it
is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with imaginings.

Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have the right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be.

And whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy.

.
.
Originally posted to my Y! 360, Tuesday December 30, 2008 - 07:05am (CST)

55 comments:

  1. Sweet Anne you amaze me always please safe and careful...and yes out beloved fur-babies always stand by us no matter what and it does our hearts good to have them in our lives....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe
    How to interpret that Sweet Toni...
    (as I just came back in from bringing The Punkster out)...
    The lot is covered with snow.
    Under that is some rather smooooooth ice.
    It made for a very "unsafe" but 'careful' walk for us both....

    AND, it was Punk that almost wiped out-
    I chuckled. There she is with 4 legs, me on two, and she's the one that goes for a slide...
    I am grateful it was herself though and not me.
    (Sheesh. How mean is that)?!?!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne will you let some of that white stuff come this way. We had a real nice one about a week ago & then Boom..it got warm & very ,very windy. It just plain stinks.
    And you're so right...Punk is too cute. I'm so glad she is a good girl and can travel so well. You're lucky to have her.
    Much love to all
    oxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry Canada hates you....feel free to send it to Ohio, we have not seen any measurable snowfall this year.
    I also woke up with a doozy of a migraine....wishing everything would just stop so I could rest.
    Punk is quite cute and she has a very concerned look about her, trying to keep you safe and not being able to save you from your own head.

    You ended with the perfect words, I shall keep them close today.

    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

  5. Sweet Bug!
    If it were up to me I would send it ALL to you. But Canada seeks me out and finds me.

    Windy here too- The snow is flying straight across my window.
    Even the cars are going straight across the road...

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  6. Sweet BethieBaby!
    OK That does it!
    I see I am going to have to come and visit so Canada will send the snows your way too.
    (I shall come as soon as I go to Sweet Bugs house).

    Sorry about your head...
    And I really DO know how you feel.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Come anytime! Just don't come expecting the house to be clean. That way if it is, you'll be shocked...and so will I !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mornin Rock,
    Now really I dont think Canada hates you.. in fact.. I think they really luv ya .. and they are just wantin ta share... Now isnt that just so very sweet! aaay?

    Better living through Chemistry... Need to find you a bumper sticker for that.. hehe I am so very glad to hear Casey is doing well.. She definitely has lots and lots of spunk. (like mother like daughter)

    Its also amazing how well our animals can sense and feel our moods and then go with it.

    I have always always loved the Desiderata... such a great piece of wisdom. Years ago I did a bit of research on the Desiderata and found that it is a very old old piece of wisdom. Funny how even the old can fit today so very well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use to feel that way about the rains. There once was a time everywhere we went the rain followed.

    Anne I don't have anything strong for the migraines but I do take the Excedrin Migraine pills and they do my stomach the same way. If I take two complete tablets, it relieves the head pain but, like you, it sends me to the bathroom. And that's just with Excedrin! One pill will lessen the pain and not mess me up otherwise. I go up to 1 and 1/2 and that seems to work well on the pain and doesn't send me on that mad dash to the powder room. LOL! But gosh.....when you are hurting in the head that bad the other part seems almost minor. Till you get in there, that is.

    That punk is ever so precious. Some animals just know us so well. Almost like they are our kindred spirits. They pick up on our feelings and seem to know what we are thinking. They are there to provide company and support.

    I'll bet Punk will be super excited to see Casey again too. When will that little meeting get to occur? Any time estimate for that yet?

    Desiderata....I love this! It has a beautiful meaning behind it.

    Hope you are feeling somewhat better today too. Relax a little if you can. Go buy a deck of cards and challenge Casey to a good card game.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heck some of that "white stuff" came our way 2 weeks ago..talk about horrible LOL..houstonians do not know how to drive in the snow..wrecks everywhere..major highways and bridges were closed because we have no resources ie: snowplows, salt ect..anyway..thx Canada???...

    It sucks you have those stoopid anxiety attacks along with migraines (I truly think they go hand in hand)..it's terrible!!!..I used to get both all the time until I moved to Texas away from all the drama my family so lovingly pours over everyone hehe..I spend years on Prozac and Paxil and all I needed to do was run lol...

    Lots and lots of love and prayers for you and Caseyface..I hope she's having a better day:)...and yes, Miss Punk is kinda cute LOL..she's ADORABLE!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. ROFL @ Canada hates you! I too think that Canada just wanted to share their snow with you, no matter where you go! hehehe...

    Am sorry that you have had to deal with migranes and panic attacks... I know this has not been easy for you... I see where Casey gets her strong will and resilience!

    I am glad that you have Punkie there with you to keep you company... I know too that she is as worried about Casey as you are! Is she gonna get to see Casey in the hospital??

    Thank you for sharing the Desiderata. The words ring so true and I shall carry them close with me today!

    Sending much love, hugs and prayers to you, Casey and Punkie!

    Slurkie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think Canada must love you... they pick on you so much they must!

    Glad y ou have punk too and hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hehehe
    I am SOOOOOO tempted...
    And what the heck do I care about a messy house?
    I raised kids too- They aren't the 'neatest' people; but then again neither am I.
    (But I have never made anyone else pick up my undies either)

    XOXO
    Me

    Save the shock factor- I will have a heart attack...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah alright my Sweet Little Beep-
    Your glass is always half full because your weather is breathable without wrapping your face up.

    Casey is a kewl kid. Guess I will have to keep her!

    I know lots of people that think Desiderata is a bunch of hippie mumbo jumbo.
    But it was (IS) always so neat. Funny someone hasn't redone the song version?

    I remember hearing it was very old. Then hearing it wasn't. So I don;t know.
    However old it is, it is perfect.

    Punk Rocks!

    XOXO
    Me

    RockLuvsBeep.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet PeachieBaby!
    I would rather have rain because then it doesn't hurt when it hits your face.
    Course then the dog smells like a dog too!
    hehehe

    Aspirin really does nothing for my head. And check the ingredients on the migraine formula.
    They are the very same ingredients that regular Excedrin has in it. They add the caffeine to make the aspirin work faster. Just don't pay more for a fancy box.

    Punk is my salvation some days.
    So very understanding.

    And just plain lovable!

    Just like oh so many of my friends!!!


    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet WyckieBaby!

    Miss Morysa even took pictures of the snows in Texas!
    Personally I believe I find that all pretty danged funny!

    Maybe it's the air in Texas that made you all better!
    Maybe it's your honeyman too!

    had a pretty dang rough day with respect to all the BS... Maybe I shall come visit you also!
    hehehe

    OK. Casey AND Punk are both adorable little creatures!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet SlurkieBaby...
    If it was a matter of mind over matter I would conquer this crap. (No pun intended).
    And I would get to be a big old troublemaker all over again. ;-)
    (But I don't think I ever lost the attitude either).

    Oh those people at the hospital are all screwy. First i have to do this to bring Punk in.
    Then I gotta do that.
    Then this. Then that.

    Poor Casey...
    She even had a dream about Punk last night, and that Punk cried when it was time to go.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  18. Sweet Splat!
    I would love to slap Canada for picking on me then.

    I am tired- Butt nothing is working right today.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  19. *takes a step away from Anne*

    *waits for lightning to strike*

    hehehe

    ReplyDelete

  20. No lightning here...
    (But I can do one hell of a job parting the snowbanks).

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've seen lightning when it snows...

    So you don't need a snowblower then?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hmmm
    Exactly what kind of drugs are legal in Washington???

    ReplyDelete

  23. Or maybe someone thwumped you upside the head with a shovel???

    ReplyDelete
  24. The good kind?

    LOL...

    I did NOT inhale!

    hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well considering that the snow we got here in the last 2 weeks is as much snow as they've seen this time of year in 10 years... I'm fairly sure I didn't get thwumped in da head wif a shovel...

    An umbrella maybe, but a shovel, NO WAY!

    LOL

    ReplyDelete

  26. Maybe Old Man Winter dropped an igloo on your head then??

    Speaking of snow... Punk wants to go outside now..
    If you had stolen those big brother frequent flyer miles, YOU would be taking her...

    UGH

    Here I go.
    If I am not back in ten or fifteen minutes please call the National Guard.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  27. Do I need to call the National Guard????

    It's been at least 20... Did you make it OK?

    *gets shovel & flashlight*

    Here I come!

    hehehe

    ReplyDelete

  28. Back now Sweets- Save your quarter...
    Nasty outside. But Punk had to stop and say hello to the ladies at the front desk!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  29. Whew!

    Was gettin' worried...

    Sorry it's yucky outside...

    Dang this would be easier on IM LOL

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sorry the weather is being so crappy. One thing about seeing those sparks though---at least they have the blade clear down on the pavement....unlike the way they plow here...

    Hope all is going well with Casey....keeping all in my prayers....

    ReplyDelete
  31. *HUGS*

    nothing EVER works right when one is tired...

    You just walk around feeling splatted all day.

    I will go have a word with Canada, you get some rest.

    XOXOXOOX

    Splat

    ReplyDelete
  32. O Canada!
    Land of the Yuppers
    Thy neck will be wrunged with a glorious leash of leather.
    As in thy arm ready to wield the snow,
    So also is it ready to carry the ice.
    Thy history is an epic of the most meanest exploits.
    Thy demeanor steeped in poo
    We'll protect our friends from your snow
    We'll protect our friends from your snow


    (With sincere apologies to any Canadians)

    ReplyDelete
  33. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

    Love DeeAnne's song...

    LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have a thing for busted lyrics if you can't tell.

    ReplyDelete
  35. How does chicken stew sound for dinner tonight??

    ReplyDelete
  36. would have sounded good before I pigged out on tortellini.... Sorry Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  37. LOL...

    She told me pasta gives her gas and heartburn...

    But I'll take some tortellini!

    hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  38. Sweet Pam.

    As I type it is 5 below. And I wish I had Punk toilet trained because I damn sure know she will be up soon and wanting to go outside...

    They HAVE to have their blades down to at least break the ice a bit. We all need a little traction.

    Casey is quite well. (At least she was at 9:06 last night).

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  39. hehehe

    When YOU say you will have a word with them, you really mean it!

    You are too punny!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  40. Chicken stew please.
    (Pea, share your tortellini).

    XOXO
    Mama D

    ReplyDelete
  41. Really? I thought it would make you gassy....

    *passes tortellini*

    ReplyDelete
  42. hehehe....

    Just doing my part.

    xoxoxoxoxo
    Pea

    ReplyDelete
  43. LOL...

    Had hot dogs tonight...

    Sure wished I would have had some tortellini...

    hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  44. i had left over pizza....

    Boy aren't we the party animals.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Ohhhhh...

    Pizza would have been good too...

    Am thinking very hard about maybe going to McDonalds for a snack...

    LOL!

    I've never been a party animal...

    I've spent today doing laundry...

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  46. As for Canada hating you... Perhaps Canada is Male?
    We were always told boys picked on us because they liked us.
    Right? Right??? RIGHT????
    Well, that is why. HEHEHE.

    Love deeannes word with Canada.
    TOO FUNNY!!!!

    Animals can sense how we feel.
    The Punkster looks like she's worried about you,
    AND misses Casey.
    She is quite a cutie! I was talking about Punk,
    But so is Casey! HEHEHE

    Hmmmm... ALL that food sounds good.
    Too bad I'm TOO late..... SIGH

    Have you asked your Dr. about a new med for your migraines?
    Maxalt doesn't quite do the job for me anymore, so my Dr. gave me
    a nightly regimen to PREVENT my migraines. It's helped ALOT!

    Much love to you and Casey~ Susan XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  47. Oh Yeah,

    I really liked the Desiderata too.
    Thanks for sharing it :-)

    ~Susan XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete