[My] Life in Wisconsin

It Did It Again!


 magnify

The next load of wash left this too...
(Life- it's kinda like that).
.
.
Good Morning!
A bit chilly out there again today. (As I type it is 1° ABOVE zero). Both dogs fast asleep too. Wish I could be, but woke about 10:30 last night and have been awake ever since. And not that I am tired either, so I'd best not complain.
(Not like I did when I thought it was cold when it got down into the 20's).
We will be lucky to even see 20° today.

By now you have all figured out that my last entry was purely fiction.
But what fun it was to even spend the day dreaming about a life away; if only for a little while. (And no, I am NOT talking about going to Minnesota either). hehehe
sigh

My snow plow man was in Minnesota himself this past week. So I am hoping to get plowed out today! (Say YAY!).
I am not truly snowed in-
In the event that I need to get out, as I told his wife, "We will get out."
(She hasn't been plowed out either).
.
.
A little deep...
.
.
Cnv1032 by you.

.
.
Pretty...
.
.
Cnv1030 by you.
.
.
And darn cold!
.
.
Cnv1038 by you.
.
.

And I am SO tempted to turn that thermostat up!

.

.
While the dogs go out to play, they do not stay outside either.
But I did speak too soon about Miss Milly wanting to be in. I still have no problem at night, but when the sun is out she whines and cries on and on. In the teens yesterday I just let her whine. (Maybe today too). Even Punk goes out for a stroll.
Not me. Tough enough to psych myself up to dash out to the mailbox and back.
.
.
These were taken Wednesday
(a bit warmer at about 27 degrees).

.
.
Cnv1017 by you.
.
It is also when I had to start fighting with MillyDog.
To get/keep her inside.

.
.
Cnv1018 by you.
My silly frozen solid rug from the laundry room.
I wonder if it will ever thaw out?
.
.
But I have proof now,
of what causes my soap suds in the back entrance too.

.
.
Cnv1020 by you.
As she tried to get to a varmint...
.
.
Yes. Yes. I will try to rectify that today.
Say "Brrr"...

I just need a bit more psyching...
.
.
Miss Milly decided to try to get that yucky bone in the house,
(since clearly there was no burying it)!
.
.
Cnv1035 by you.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And then the sun went down,
and then it got REALLY cold.

hehehe



Cnv1025 by you.
.
.

Life goes on!
How are YOUR temps?
(Just trying to decide who to move in with)!
hehehe


Have a fabulous Friday!

XOXO
Anne

PS...
This was on my Flickr account this morning...

Cnv1037 by you.

If you can't read it, it is as follows.
..."Due to changes in your AT&T Internet Service, your Flickr Pro account will expire on 1st April, 1902. That's in 10745 days! You can renew Flickr Pro for just $24.95 for a one-year account. And to thank you for staying with us, we'll give you another two months at no cost. "
.......Um, WHAT?!?!

Web Counter
Originally posted to my Y! 360, Friday December 5, 2008 - 07:58am (CST)

23 comments:

  1. I got cold just viewing your beautiful pictures......its a lovely 72 in Phoenix today! Punk continues to crack me up, what a great personality!
    hugs
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm warmer than you are! I'm at a toasty 32... LOL...

    Your rug will thaw out in June... maybe! LOL

    I'm LOL-ing @ your flickr account... Do they know something that we don't??? Are the days gonna start counting backwards now?? Does that mean we're actually getting younger???

    Your picture of the sunset is really pretty... Do you ever blow your pictures up and frame them?

    Hope your Friday gets warmer... just a lil?

    Loves Ya,

    Slurkie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're cold here, but not as cold as you guys.
    Yeah, lots of stuff going on at AT&T. I wonder what's next?
    Great photo blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its 21 here at present. Low tonight of 19, high tomorrow will be 33.
    But no snow, dang it. I look forward to the snow...it makes poop duty in the back yard a breeze. So visible those brown spots!

    Not sure when you'll see the rug thaw...unless you can shake the snow off and bring it in to dry.

    I love the pink sky, now thats purdy!

    LOL @ 1902 !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha.... your flicker is in a retrograde decaying orbit.... Better renew that so your grandfather canuse it in his lifetime....


    Cold critters, critters in the cold, frozen rugs.... Yeah, cold here is 40....it isn't cold yet, come on down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cold, cold and colder! Brrrr....and yet the worst is yet to come, right.

    I wonder why Millie prefers the coldness of the outside when she can be inside where it is much warmer? Maybe she is having hot flashes and doesn't notice the cold that much right now. Hehehehe! Well....that's my excuse.

    But that snow sure looks pretty even if it does mean freezing your booty off.

    Flicker charging??? I have had their free account for so long. They only allow you to keep something like 200 photos there for free. I just delete some of the ones I don't need to use or have been there a long time and upload some more. As long as it stays at 200 or less all seems to be okay. But if I have to pay to use them, I won't be needing them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LoL.. Flickr is silly.. I have them too. Uh I would be glad to have you here..but I'm in Ohio and my bones say it's ccc~c~c~co~co~collll~cold out! Hugz! :o) Sheila PS. I don't know what part of Ohio down below is.. but it's not so warm anymore.. haha My grandchildren and me are having the same.. why it's important to zip up and wrap up argument that my granny and me had years ago..grrrrrrrrrr! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

  8. hehehe
    I get cold just by breathing...
    (I get warm by having a 100 pound dog lying on my feet as I type).

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete

  9. hehehe
    I tried that once, but the little charcoal pieces of burnt paper would go in a frame.

    Another Braggart Lady slurking on my pages!
    32 degrees? Time to sunbathe nekked.

    The days start counting backwards at 45.
    That way we can still be having fun into the late early part of our lives!
    Headlong into the past!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well thank you!
    So now you HAVE to define "cold"... I only see cold as what I live through. (Same goes for "hot" in summer).

    The merge between AT & T and Yahoo surely helped no one but AT & T and Yahoo.
    Because things have gone from passable to laughable for their users.
    (I am sure MANY of you would agree with that too).

    Note in that statement they began with "Due to changes in your AT&T Internet Service"

    # 1. I haven't changed ANYthing with AT & T.

    # 2. If THEY changed something, then they should have told me, (or at the very least told me specifically what these changes were, because I sure as hell haven't noticed anything different or "changed").

    # 3. Now that Jerry Yang has stepped down, perhaps they have found a certain sense of humor... Given the fact that it is dated for April Fools Day.

    Nah.
    I still don't trust them.

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh 21 degrees! T-Shirt and shorts weather for sure.

    I do have lines in the basement for drying clothes so will have to wipe them down and use them. I also have the hooks for lines in my bedroom that I never took down because I think it's a great idea to keep moisture in the old house in the pits of the "coldrums" of winter.

    I think too, that there is an old wooden bracket dryer in the old calfpen that I could use...

    Unfortunately all these things are for when my dang dryer breaks down.

    I shall call Karl on Tuesday...
    My damned cars won't start- And I have to get to Fleet Farm and get that heat lamp for the water pit, or this all will be a moot point.
    Now I shall also buy one of those heat wrap things for the drain outside.

    Grrrr.....
    or should I say "Brrrr"...


    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. hehehe
    Not going to renew because in the late '90's there won't be any cost at all to it. And Grandpa can then renew it for free.

    ???

    40 degrees?
    HOLY CARP! I would break into a sweat, my heart pounding, my head beginning to ache...

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  13. ...And I am going crazy trying to find a hotel in MPLS that rents by the month yet and will take my little dog and my smoking, (and is absolutely close enough to the hospital not to send me into a full fledged panic attack before I get there if they or Casey should call me).
    But at least I'll be warm wherever I decide to land.

    Milly is a PB Yellow Lab. That ensure that she has hollow hair - designed by God himself to keep these dogs warm in winter.
    The heat inside- Even though the entrance is about 25 degrees cooler than the rest of the house is still a battle of confusion for her, though she isn't out there panting or anything.

    I should like very much to get rid of my booty- And like you said, even if it means FREEZING it off.
    Off is off right?

    200 photo limit? I have 4,853 items... (And counting)...
    hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  14. hehehe
    My bones say the very same...
    There have been days recently that I have come back inside and remained zipped up, with my snow pants and my hat still on for a few minutes... ('Til the circulation returns anyway).

    The windchills were in the teens below zero all day yesterday and the day before.
    I only had two of my kids that I didn't have to argue with about "getting dressed for the weather" VS "vanity".
    (I myself preferred the warmth to a good hair day).


    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  15. No good. I am not envying you at all. We hit the 40's today and that is cold enough for me. We got our first light snow last sunday and I was not happy.
    Good luck with your varment situation. We have been battling little rodents around here. A lot worse than any other year that we have lived here. I hate rodents!!!!!!!!!
    My husband is insistant that the whole family needs to be wearing thermals. Can we say itchy!
    Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We're a bit cold here in Milwaukee. I was colder than usual and found out last night that I hadn't closed my window, no wonder them tootsies were a bit frosty this morning. Stay warm, safe and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hehehe.....

    see?

    Come on down, it is the height of summer you can swim in the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  18. hehehe
    It's going to be a while before WE hit the 40's. But when that happens it is almost a miracle to be happy for.

    Get a cat for the rodents.
    Problem solved.
    (Glad I could help.

    Oh and the thinsulate unders that you can wear are NOT itchy and they are lightweight etc.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  19. If you have large rodents you will need an extra cat.
    (Or just one Extra LARGE cat).

    ReplyDelete

  20. It is one again.
    ONE stupid silly degree.
    But it is ABOVE zero, so I shall not whine.
    Well, I shall not whine too loudly anyway)..

    XOXO
    me

    PS
    I forget the darned windows all the time!
    You are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm soooo confused... still er, again. Anywho in the 30s at night here. around 70 during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes, well come back already.....silly girl.


    You left your RV on the beach so you got a place to stay.

    ReplyDelete