[My] Life in Wisconsin

One of Them... Happily!



Cnv1145
hehehe
My front porch!
.
.
Good Morning Everyone!
A mite chilly here today- My own thermometer reading at 7 below zero. I think we are to get to about 5 above.
But it should be warm by 11:00 at The Olive Garden!?
Sheesh, I sure hope so.
Those of you in the area, please come celebrate with us all.

I do not have much news- (Same old, same old on the homefront here).

But it does occur to me that for all practical intents and purposes, today SHOULD HAVE BEEN Casey's birthday.
Unbeknownst to me at the time, she was an eager little one. It was myself that was quite stubborn.
I awoke that Saturday, barely getting to the upstairs toidy... Not unheard of for a full term girl on her 4th child.
No big deal then, or so I thought.
Downstairs to turn on the coffee and to prepare breakfast for our 5 little kids. Zoe. Jenne. Reianna. Roberta. And Daniel.
They would all wake soon, with hungry tummies...
But oops, getting my ingredients out, I had to use the little girls room once more. (WTH)?
And so it went all morning long...
I called my friend Rhonda and asked her for a pad. She said "WHAT?".
I explained. She giggled. And brought a few over for me.

And so went my weekend. I learned that a 4th child does not like dancing to "Walking On Sunshine" all that much. Nor did I come to think of it.
I had always heard stories about pregnant women who might leak a bit of urine towards the end of their pregnancies, but surely I was never one of them! (Not 'til THAT weekend anyway)...
Oh well, there are worse things.

On Monday morning, I brought Dennis to work so I could have the car; and finally called my doctor- He wanted to see me almost immediately.
The kids were all at school, and off I went.

A cursory exam revealed that it was probably urine...
(Sheesh, I was now "one of those women").

I had a regular scheduled appointment the next day- So a more thorough exam was given so I could cancel that one.
Long story short, and right after my water broke all over the good doctors office, he says, "Scratch that, it WAS your water."
hehehe (I was NOT one of the leakers after all)! But I would have been. And very happily so!

So you see, this little girl was trouble from the onset.
If I hadn't been so busy, Casey's birthday WOULD have been today!
.
.
Cnv1161
Stolen marshmallows and hiding too.
.
.
Later, trouble came in two's...
.
.
?
Cnv0922

.
.
?
Casey and Jenny M[1]. 10-09-04

Jenny Mella will be celebrating with us today also.
She has also just had her 22nd birthday!

.
.
.
Picture 013

.
.
.
.



Time for a nice warm shower!
And I hope you all have a "fantabulous" Saturday! I intend to!

Love to all.

XOXO
Me

Originally posted to my Y! 360, Saturday January 24, 2009 - 08:24am (CST)

14 comments:

  1. Please take lots of pics for us!! I will be picking up a card to send to Miss Casey. Is it ok to send it to your address?

    HAVE A GREAT TIME TODAY!!! YOU'VE ALL EARNED IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time flies , Our babies grow up. Your family deserves a beautiful day together, and so many days after that. A birthday and a new beginning for Casey. May this year bring her pain free happiness.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you were a pro at having babies by the time Casey was born. With a house full of kids and a husband, it's a wonder you didn't have to make an appointment just to go to the bathroom!

    Have a wonderful time celebrating Casey's birthday at Olive Garden. I sure wish I could be there. Don't forget to take your camera - I'll be needing lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful memory.. She is a beauty! Happy Birthday Casey!

    My water starting leaking a weak prior to Robert being born.. I know how that goes.. of course he wasnt at term and like you I just thought I was one of "those" women..hehe I had just been to the doctor a day or two prior and everything was normal so I dint really think anything of it.

    Hope you guys have a wonderful time at the Olive Garden!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOps.. I almost forgot..

    beepluvsrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mine was reading at 70 above zero (Fahrenheit) while I took the “Peace” video clip... (-:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to Casey!!!!!!! Give her a big hug from me and I am so glad she is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you all had a great time at Olive Garden! Knowing you, I KNOW you took lots and lots of pictures!

    Lots of love to you all!

    Slurkie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the memories of the "dam water breaking!" I was asleep when mine chose to break. My subconscious must have known what it was because I jumped from the bed and was on my knees in front of the night stand dialing the doctor at 1am in the morning. Not one drop of it was on the bed but only this giant puddle on the floor. Our cat took one whiff of the "fragrance" and growled at it. Even after the floor was cleaned, shampooed and deodorized that cat would get to that spot and HOP over it no matter what.
    My little bambino started his entrance 2 days early. He was suppose to have been a 4th of July baby. But he was too impatient to wait. And you know....he is still impatient on everything he does.

    Casey was so cute sitting amongst the boxes eating her marshmallows. It's almost 2:30 here now. Party time at the Garden should be over now. Hope the day went well. Can't wait to hear more about it and see all the new pictures too.

    Oh...and Happy Birthday to her bestest of friends Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just stopping in to see how the party went.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Mommy!!!

    I knew that I scratched my way out, but had no idea that it was the 24th that I should've been born! Well, until you mentioned it at the Olive Garden! Then I was going to get online to read your blog after talking to you last night, but one look at my lit up computer screen and my head started screaming harder than it was before...

    Yes everyone, I ended up with a HORRIBLE migraine last night... Must've been all the excitement of the day! Actually Jenny even had a migraine earlier this month and even saw the flashing lights and for her that only happens once every year and a half or so... She checked out the weather and noticed a HUGE high pressure system over most of the U.S. so that would be what is setting off migraines... Greg got one yesterday too but he also gets them when he eats Itallian sausage and he had some at the Olive Garden...

    Jenny should be stopping by soon here to pick up her birthday present! Mom and I got her jewelry and since Jenny said she wanted a balloon, I picked up a HUGE balloon for her too! I'll post pics as soon as I can find my camera around here and take pictures!

    I hope you got some sleep last night, I know yesterday was a big day for you as well! I'm so glad you were able to stay the whole time!! It wouldn't be the same without you, that's for sure!!!

    I love you MUCH MUCH!!
    ~CaseyAnne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, and that top picture just captures the essence of winter in WI... The porch is buried and the bird house looks like it is strongly protesting the "burial" of snow and it's peeking out from underneath it! :D Cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that picture of Casey (her baby picture)! She is not only a beautiful adult but a gorgeous baby as well. I wish her the best for her birthday. Be safe and warm. Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete