[My] Life in Wisconsin

She Wants OUT! ;-)


Good Morning Everyone;
I know that many of you know most of this already, but I am just copying my todays blog from over at 360.
There is a part that you may not know though. (This, as you near the last 1/3rd of the entry).

Suffice to say that Casey is definitely wanting OUT of the hospital...
And I am definitely wanting OFF this roller coaster.
/
/
/
?
roller coaster
  magnify
Photo stolen from HERE.
.
.
Good Morning Everyone!
Concerning Yahoo 360, I do not think that I am back.
But I have received emails asking very kindly for an update.
Do not feel the need to comment on my 360, God knows I probably won't be able to even read them.
(That is, IF you can even leave one in the first place).

So here goes your update...
.
.
.

January 09 1 018
.
.
.

December 18, 2008 001
Before her surgery
In the wee hours of 12-18-08
.
.
.
.

Minnesota 12-21-08 016
All of her lines- afterwards...
.
.

Minnesota 12-23-08 003
Getting a hand massage
12-22-08
.
.

Minnesota 12-21-08 014
To date, she has had 7 units of blood.
.

.
.

Minnesota 12-23-08 014
Policy in transplant centers:
NO LIVE PLANTS. NO CUT FLOWERS.

She was allowed to keep this one because she had no roommate.
Thank you Beth and Family
.
.
.

Minnesota 12-21-08 006
She shows off her scar!
.
.

Christmas 2008 014
We celebrated Christmas together.
One week after surgery
.
.
.
.
?
Christmas 2008 035. . . . Christmas 2008 041
Santa was very good to her- ........................ And she LOVES her cards too!
.
.
.
.
021
But a day later, she began to feel ill again...
.
.

014
My brother John came to visit his "nephew"
(ask Casey about that). hehehe
.
.

030
Her tummy swelled...

Time to call the surgeons in again...
.
.
.

Another Surgery 007
Dr. Kasie Banton and Casey
.
.

Another Surgery 001
Things got worse, and she was off to surgery a 2nd time.
12/28/08
.
.
During this surgery, they drained 2+ liters of blood and fluids from her abdomen.
They also removed a blood clot (bigger than a golf ball), from her duodenum.
She came back to her room very 'out of it'.
I then left for a few short hours...

.
.
.

Surgery #2 003
And when I returned, this is how she was.
A mere 2 hours after!

.
.
.

PunkVisitsKc 009
I have Punk along, and she was going as crazy as Casey.
So it was high time to bring her for a visit.
.

.
.

009
My sister Barbara and Family sent flowers.
(I hid them in the bathroom).
.
.

January 09 1 007
Punk is lonely all over again.
And yes, I brought her up a 2nd time.
.
.
.
Casey recovered very quickly from her 2nd surgery,
and on Saturday was even released!
(But with an appointment already scheduled for Monday to return).

I could NOT blog about this as she wanted to surprise Greg coming home.
.
.

January 2nd '09 031 .
And it was "bye-bye" Unit 6B
With a smile on her face...
.
.
.
That night she threw up her dinner.
We thought it because of all the excitement.

Since I have no cooking facilities in the hotel,
I went to Perkins and got her some chicken noodle soup on Sunday Morning.


.
.
.

Casey hives
After three bites of soup, her whole body looked like this.
Hives.
As we see the tattoo she has gotten-
The Holy Trinity she'd designed; (for her sister, Reianna).

CLICK TO READ ABOUT REIANNA if you are new here.


Casey was "free" for a little over 24 hours.
They readmitted her Sunday night.
She remains hospitalized, as we wait for results on her CDIFF testing.
.
.


Getting her IV changed
Back to the hospital.
Getting her ER IV changed...
.
.
.



.
.
.

05J09 005
Lynn's daughter Christi (my Goddaughter), went to "Build a Bear"
And this is "Jewel" with Casey!
.
.
.

Punk, Waiting for Fun.
Needless to say, Punk is sad all over again.
As I am too.
.
.
.

That is basically all I know for right now... and I await Casey's call this morning.

Love to all

XOXO
Anne


Originally posted to my Y!360, Tuesday January 6, 2009 - 08:48am (CST)





13 comments:

  1. Excellant update!

    HIVES?????? oh my goodness ... any clues yet???? what about the nausea???

    Sure hope they release her soon

    Hugs
    beepluvsrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a touching blog. I hope things go better for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwww what a ordeal for Casey! I will continue to pray for her!!! Thanks for the update! What a great job you did!!! I hope they figure out what is going on. I am sure she's sick of the hospitals!! Hugs to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess Casey's body is telling her it will heal when it's darned ready to heal, and it'll get there in it's own sweet time. I know you two are chomping at the bit to get home, but you're in good hands there (most of the time anyway) so don't rush things. Casey has the rest of her life to feel good. I'm so pleased she's done so well though. Isn't she being released earlier than what you were originally told? (I was thinking they said something like six weeks.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those hives looks almost like a skin sensitivity rash. Was she also itching? I've had the Hives a few times myself. Not fun if it also itches!

    I know she is so tired of being there. But it is better to heal at the rate her body is suppose to heal than to have to end up going back and being there even longer. Her body still has so many adjustments to make.

    (And Anne....our 360 pages just are sitting there. And they said that deadline for "fixing" things was pushed to the end of the year. Well....that time has now come and gone and they have done nothing.I wonder if they are still out having holiday vacation time? Either that or they laid off even more people and there is no one left to do the "fixing."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, it was good to hear that she got to leave the hospital if only for a short while. Hopefully things are better by the time you read this. Do they know what caused the rash?

    Thank you for the update. Will check back in later on. Take care...much love, lots of hugs and many, many prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you both and thanks for the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! OMG talk about a surprise!

    This would explain exactly WHY you've been MIA all weekend! You sneaky thang you! hehehe

    Hopefully by now they have figured out what caused the hives... And fixed that too!

    Sending all my love, hugs, warm thoughts and prayers to you all!

    Slurkie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a roller coaster!!! I'll keep praying for you guys....((((BIG HUGS CASEY))))

    ReplyDelete
  10. good to here all the good news except that back in the hospital again... THAT SUCKS

    I have been keeping up with everything and OH MY GOD there is one I knew it all along Iprayed so hard that your brother would go see you being that you were there and all SO HAPPY for you ANNE and CASEY keep up the good work kiddo we are rooting for you here in the snow once again today.

    Love to you both JANET

    ReplyDelete
  11. So that's why you were kinda light on the updates! Sure hope this is a minor problem & she breaks out (from the hospital, I mean!!!) really soon!
    More prayers for you both.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keep the faith dear friend, your friends here are.

    ReplyDelete