[My] Life in Wisconsin

Signs of Spring!

flowers
hehehe
So it's fake. Sue me.
(I didn't want to be the only one not posting pics of blooms).

Good Evening Everyone!
As I write, it occurs to me that I don't remember how to write a blog anymore. It seems like so long ago. But it really wasn't. Just so much has happened, and many miles removed from the scene of the crime, as it were.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend...
Yesterday for us was the trip here. Uneventful for once. But we did wake to snow this morning.
.
.
Fire
Maybe not so 'uneventful' for these folks though...
The smoke was lots thicker and darker a few miles back.
.
.
For most of us, 300 miles is no big deal. (And it really isn't for me either)- But things got tough as I began to see the aura that precedes my migraines about 75 miles out from arrival.

Getting sick in a car is no fun. But I was better by the time we got here.

For Casey's last big meal, we ordered Applebee's.
.
.
Supper
Our steaks, by the way, were ordered rare.
Ummm... "Yeah, right"
(But they were eaten none the less).
Just no "Mmmmm's" to be heard in this room.
.
.
Casey- Relaxing
Methinks Casey was digesting.
.

.

For breakfast, part of a waffle for her, and then this GIANT muffin
Both from Perkins

.
.

Casey and the Giant Muffin
Chocolate...
With chocolate chips too.

It wasn't finished, (but it did get completely scalped)!!!
.
I didn't eat, my tummy and head still "off" enough for me not to...
.
.
I did get a few pictures in and posted to Flickr.
And Deb, I cannot find the ones of Punk with her new birthday toys from you!? I must have already downloaded them to the other computer. Know that Greg saved all those pictures.

As you all know, it was Punks birthday on the 27th.

.
.
PUNK Posing
My Little Miss Punkin
3 whole years old.
My favorite picture, ever, of her.
As she waited by the refrigerator door.

.
.
We had to run to town on her birthday to pick up a prescription.

She wasn't particularly happy with me for not giving her a present.
.
.
HB2 Punk
.
.
Unbeknown to herself, I did pick her up a few things at the Rx store.
And then we headed home.


She had to wait outside while I went in...
Still mad at me too.

.
.
Three Years old!
That wild whisker has since been trimmed!
.
.
After a few moments she gained entry to the house...

Funny she knew just where to go???

And she even SMILED!!!!

.

.
Punk What is it?
.
.
She peeks!

...

But needs a closer look...
.


.
Punk sees something!
.
.
I do believe she liked what she saw!
.

.
Awww...You shouldn't have!
A squeaky squirrel, among other things...

(Like a new frisbee that fell apart after 3 throws).

.

Spring is slowly but surely beginning to be sprung around Flintville.

The first sign this year is being able to actually see the picnic table back by the woods.
.
.

picnic table
.
.


Then there is some kind of life that has remodeled my barngrade.
Not sure I want to know what kind either...
.

.
Hole in barngrade
.
.

There is spunky & sassy life too!
.

.
Casey
.

.

And Mr. Miller even gets to come over!

He steals Punk's Sponge Bob toy.
.
.
Miller
.
.
But gets that one taken away fast.
It has now become a 'game' for them both.


.

.
Punk and Miller
.
.
.
.

There is "life" of the six legged variety out and about...
.
.
Lady bug on Roses
.
.
.
.
And of the two legged, double winged variety too!
.

.
Bird

Sure are noisy!
And most welcomed!
.


Unlike this "thing"
Whatever it is... ?
.
.
Bug

maybe I don't want to know.
Thankfully it was outside...
.



.
.
Spring is when all your friends come out of their own little holes and come visit.
.
hehehe

.
.
Punk and Casey
.
.
And they love you just enough to tease you...
.

.
Casey and Punk
.
.

Spring brings neighbors over too!

This is Julie with her new friend,
"Lady"
.
.
Lady is a mere 9 months old.
Basically unwanted by the people that were selling her
because she didn't have a patch over her other eye too.
.
.
Julie with Lady

Patch or not, methinks Lady is just a doll!
.
.


I'd better close. I have Punk waiting patiently to go outside once more before she sleeps.
I shall post this now and get out there to walk a bit.

We will leave early tomorrow; needing to be at the hospital for 5:30.
Casey is on clear liquids 'til midnight and then nothing for who knows how long. (Hopefully she enjoyed that steak)!

Please keep her in your thoughts...

My love to all

XOXO
Me

PS
Casey posted a new blog last night.
Please CLICK HERE to visit and to answer her questions


posted to Y! 360, Sunday April 5, 2009 - 07:40pm (CDT)

31 comments:

  1. Will say extra prayers for Casey tonight.

    That steak sure did look good and rare is the only way to eat a steak. That's the way I eat my steak anyway...always have.

    Well, spring sure is slow in coming even though we do have lots of pretty blooms here but it's going to be a bit chilly again starting this evening with that terrible "s" word tomorrow. I'm so ready to get my garden started and all that goes with it.

    Will check in tomorrow night to see how things go tomorrow...

    All my love and prayers to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have been praying for days for Casey and You, my prayers continue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY! I'm not sassy!!! Anywho, just wanted to comment! I love the pics! They are great... Yes, I did enjoy my steak despite the cords... I think it would've been easier to eat had the knife been metal and not plastic... Great supper seeing as it would be the last one before not eating for a long time... Glad it was steak!! THANK YOU!

    I love you! I must shower with that special pre-surgical soap and head to bed... I'm tired...

    Love you Much Much!
    ~CaseyAnne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fake or not.. they are gorgeous..hehe But the new life.. in the form of bugs and green trees.. Me thinks that spring is coming north.. slowly maybe.. but surely!

    What a wonderful birthday smile on Punks little face.. Now who says dogs dont understand whats going on? I think she knew perfectly well!

    Glad Miss Casey got some food in her.. and I pray with all my heart that all goes well tomorrow and that she heals quickly and way stronger than she ever was! Frankly I think the steaks looked great.. but then again I like mine cooked a little more than rare.

    Wonderful pictures! Im so glad you got to post a few.. Hope your feeling better soon ..

    Many hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT?! No Henrietta pictures?!! Oh well, I can wait........ since I have to ;..(

    I love the picture of Punk after she's looked into her Birthday bag "Is that really for me?" So cute!

    I'll be keeping Casey in my thoughts for her surgery to be a breeze and for a speedy recovery. And for the waiting to not seem too long for you sweet Annie. Let us know how Casey is doing as soon as you can, we'll be waiting to hear something just like you.

    Hope you all get some good sleep tonight. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Sweets!
    I didn't have a choice to eat the steak or not. Had we been dining in they probably would have gotten it sent back for a new one. I hate to complain, but it sure wasn't red enough for me.
    Casey's was much better. (I think it helped just to even look at hers while I ate my own)!
    hehehe

    Even Connie, down in Texas has freeze warnings tonight!
    I can't believe how bad this dang weather is ALL OVER!
    Enjoy your 's' if ya get it.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet SASSY Kid,
    I am happy you enjoyed your steak! I enjoyed looking at it! hehehe
    And I loved watching you try to cut it up too.

    I love you too!
    But I don't think you are faslling asleep anytime soon as you are watching Cheech and Chong. I have to say I never fell asleep during their shows.

    Forevermorelonger.

    XOXO
    Mama D.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet Beep!
    So what kind of bug is that? Have you ever seen one like it?

    I do think that Punk knows lots more than what I ever give her credit for. There are times that it amazes me how much she understands and reacts to. (Even in a normal tone of voice).

    I am munching on a cold cheeseburger right now. Casey had a popsicle, so the most compassion I could come up with was to eat it cold.
    Mom always made all of our steaks well done when we were growing up. So the first time I could order my own at a restaurant, I ordered it well done. My date had his medium rare. I had never tasted anything so good in my life!
    Over the years now it seems that no one can "do" a steak right anymore- So I always order rare because you can always cook it more.

    There's more pics for later.

    XOXO
    Me
    rlbdc

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet RT!
    If it is any consolation, she brought Henrietta along. She loves her and has taking to "talking" to her too.
    Weird but oh so adorable.

    That last picture of her birthday bag I almost peed from laughing so hard when I saw how it turned out!

    I am going to bring my computer to the hospital tomorrow. Not sure if I should bring Punk and leave her in the car or not. Think I will just leave her here. It'll be safer and I won't worry.

    XOXO
    Me

    PS
    I am very tired. Will have to sleep hard and fast...

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband was going to bed to pray for Casey and that is not a "little thing". He prays all the time,
    but since his ex-psychiatrist called the people on my computer my "virtual friends" and that they
    only existed in my mind, he hasn't wanted to discuss or even talk about any of them. It is amazing
    that he is taking this interest in Casey. He had lots of trouble with his pancreas when he was drinking, so maybe he can relate. Whatever, I always feel that his prayers always make me feel
    better and do bring healing in some cases. We will be thinking of you and will continue our prayers
    for Casey. I will be happy to see you write that all went well and I know she will heal quickly. God
    bless you both and Punk too!! That is a beautiful picture of her that you took on her birthday. What
    a beautiful dog. Big hugs and blessings......Bev xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have seen similar, just not with the wings.. I would venture to guess its a type of beetle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pics are absolutely lovely!!! and Happy Belated Birthday Miss Punk..You don't look a day over 18 hehe..I hope you have a safe trip..you're always in our prayers!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gods best to you both. I think I've sprung a spring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. *hugs*

    You still know how to write...

    Casey enjoyed that muffin... we chatted about it via twitter.

    I am SURe Punk enjoyed her birthday, she was not at all upset withyou but playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  15. and Lady is quite the woman!

    Pirates are only suppode to have ONE patch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Monday Morning Sweet Bev! (And to your "wunnaful" hubby too)!!

    Please send me your address in a private note so I can write a little letter to his ex psychiatrist and let him know how "virtual" I am. Save the envelope for him too. He will need it to justify how virtual Suamico is too.

    You said hubby had pancreas trouble when he was drinking...
    Do you think maybe I shouldn't have put Jack Daniels in her baby bottle?
    (Sorry. That was beginning to be a standing joke at the hospital when we would go in)...
    I have heard from doctors and nurses of the female persuasion that Panc pain is worse than childbirth. Not sure about that. I will be after Casey has a child of her own though.
    hehehe

    Prayers are always welcome. And I will write just as soon as I can. I promise.
    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  17. And it was about an inch long.
    I know the picture Casey took makes it look bigger...
    She thought it was cute!
    hehehe
    Attagirl

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet WyckieBaby!
    She might not look a day over 18, but there are times that this Marley factor kicks in and she isn't a day past the terrible twos.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete


  19. Thank you so, Mr Khool,
    There was a coupon in the Sunday paper for the special clothes for special leaks.
    If you do not want to go buy some, please just use the Sunday paper.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the hugs my Sweet Little Pea;
    I heard her phone kept going off and heard her giggles too. So I had to ask what was going on?
    hehehe
    You brightened her evening! And I personally thank you for that.
    I don't text, and even though the phone has the capability I chose not to get it on my plan.

    Must bring the dog and my phone out now...

    Hugs and love right backatcha!

    XOXO
    Mama D

    PS
    No my phone has not sprung a leak.
    But with the little usb's all used up here I have to bring the phone to the car to charge it up...
    hehehe

    ReplyDelete

  21. Aw she is just SO cute! And I have no problem seeing her on the deck of an old schooner...

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  22. gosh I cant get enough of Punk!....and who wouldnt want such an adorable dog because of a color.....oh my goodness people are whacked!!....I know Casey is in surgery about now, positive energy, thoughts and prayers from me to Casey and you hon....hope your head is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  23. tHEY TOOK cASEY "UP" AT 7:30.
    Oops- damned caps lock anyway...

    Dr Sutherland said 3 hours.
    The nurse said they have this surgery scheduled to go for 5 and a half.
    I will go back up about 10.

    Pray hard.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just went to her blog too.
    http://edbdkcn.multiply.com/journal/item/121

    Sad isn't it, that after what she wrote, (and one of the last things she said to me before her surgery) was that if anything ever happened to her that she did not want Dennis or Zoe at her funeral.
    Now WHY should anyone's kid be made to feel that way?
    It breaks my heart.

    If you haven't done so, please go to that link and offer her your own thoughts.

    I made light with my own reply. She said she giggled.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  25. You're not waiting alone Miss Annie - I'm here with you! Please let us know something soon!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the pics of Punk... She did look so MAD at you, but I bet she was just pretending... But to see her smile after she looked in the bag, PRICELESS!

    Always have you both in my thoughts and prayers!

    Slurkie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. We were not texting.. we were twittering....

    But yeah, it is always fun.

    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  28. That would mean the correct response is.

    Arrrrrrrrroooowf!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am so very late and for that I am so very sorry.

    I dont think you could forget how to blog if you had amnesia!
    One of the best bloggers around if you ask me :)
    Golly, I love the pictures of Punkin, she is so huggable, I wish I could see here in person.

    I love St. Bernards, I grew up with one, she was my single best friend. They are wonderful dogs and Lady is no exception with her beautiful and distinctive face!

    I won't comment on Casey here since I am late and I know there is more info (hopefully good) to be read...I'm off to the next most current blog!

    ReplyDelete