[My] Life in Wisconsin

Drop Your Pants. *No peeing. *No Drinking


http://weirdnews.about.com/b/2009/05/04/10000-expected-to-moon-amtrak.htm?nl=1
10,000 Expected to Moon Amtrak
Monday May 4, 2009
Let's Move Amtrak

Does pulling down your pants and going loco in front of a locomotive sound like fun to you?

A crowd of 10,000 is exptect to be dropping trou in Laguna Niguel as the California town celebrates the 30th anniversary of the "Mooning of Amtrak."

This tradition started at the Mugs Away Saloon as an alternative to darts, quarters and other lame bar games. And now, every year, on the second Saturday in July, revelers gather before a chain link fence, and pull down their pants as the train passes.

Unfortunately, local officials threatened to call off what some call, "Orange County's Mardi Gras" after some local residents complained of public drunkenness.

After a bit of negotiations, however, the city council has relented. The event will go forward, but with new rules: No more public consumption of alcohol and no more urinating outdoors.

Strangely, no one complained about the bare butts, not even the folks riding the trains. It seems some Amtrak riders even moon back.

***********************************

OMG... This is so funny!
(Although I do take issue with darts being called a lame bar game)...

Mark your calendars- 2nd 'SAT'urday in July!
hehehe

XOXO
Me

Wonders if there really IS a full moon that day?

13 comments:

  1. I wonder how many they will have now that consumption of alcohol is forbidden? Probably alot less

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I would have to be drunk to participate. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. It started out as a stupid prank. it has snowballed to rediculous proprotions. At one point people who live nearby were sueing over civil rights violations as they were "forced" to see nudity.

    Well, it happens every year, if you and your kids go/look outside on that day at that time... then it is YOUR fault..

    Do I think it silly, yes. Do I think it pointless. Yes. Has it got out of control to its orginal point? yes. Would I participate? no. But I do not think it is grounds for legal action.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "You must be over 18 yrs old to see asses, even though you have one yourself. Regretfully, allowable traffic on this site is exceeded frequently. "

    ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since I live in the country, I'd get away with mooning any time. LOLOLOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Don't think I'd be mooning although I would probably go watch... LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  7. My fraternity was knowing for doing the "moon" in our 20 foot window. No complaints until the men's dean wife looked out her window just when the full moon was in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard of this somewhere but had no idea it was the 30th anniversary. I reckon everybody has to have a family tradition.

    I guess passing by 10,000 butts (or 20,000 cheeks) might be a sight to see at least once in your life. Wonder if they sell extra tickets for that Amtrak route on that particular day?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Full moon in July is on a Tuesday and it's July 7....I suppose they could celebrate it on that Saturday
    July 11 and that is the second Saturday in July!!! I can't wait...LOL I guess their FULL MOON is all
    the butts mooning Amtrack at the same time.....didn't think of that first off!! haha I am getting bad!
    I guess maybe it's too late... :) goodnight!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ROFLMAO!!!!!!! A reason for legal action? NOOOOOO...........Would I take an active part....NOOOOOOO......BUT.......................if I were 20 or 30 years younger you can be sure I'd be right in the middle of it, but of course, back then I had a cute and teeny butt, now..............well forget about now. I would love to be on that Amtrak as it passed by this momentous sight and occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "but of course, back then I had a cute and teeny butt, now"

    I'm glad I'm not the only one in that category. LOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. No harm never came from a little mooning. In fact I know a couple of relationships that started that way!

    ReplyDelete