[My] Life in Wisconsin

Sighs of Gratitude.

  magnify
Home.
From back by the woods.
Picture taken 5/14/09 when Casey and I drove back there.
.
.
Good Morning All;
Waking up today is my first sigh of gratitude. hehehe
I think I have a little bitty blood clot in my right leg, in the calf. Mom would get these too, they would go away on their own. Never the less, when I'd noticed the size difference, I did take 2 aspirin before I went to bed.

I suspect many of you will be off and celebrating in various ways this weekend. Please take care, and be safe always. (For the rest of us with no immediate plans to go anywhere, we'll just have a little bit of fun on here)!

When I went outside yesterday morning, I saw this little girl back by the woods by the six acres. I apologize for it being out of focus- I just couldn't get it right.
.
.
.
521 Deer
I had hoped that maybe a fawn or two might have followed but no such luck.
.
.
I might have done a few things that made me cuss (and sigh) a few times yesterday.

First came scrubbing my tub...
While I can handle a bit of rust and mag build up, there comes a time that this all bothers me too... So I sprayed it out and tried to scrub it.
Fearing quickly that I would be found dead, fully clothed and with my face in my wet tub, I decided to do it the lazy ladys way.
I swished it with toilet bowl cleaner.
It is clean and sanitary now. Just a few specks of rust leftover. No big deal that. And yes, it works beautifully in a pinch!
BUT... Know too, that I have an old cast iron tub- Not sure you can use that stuff on the new tubs- (I wouldn't try it).
Oh yeah, I scrubbed the toilet too. hehehe

I still have to replace the caulking in the bathroom. It isn't leaking or anything, only dirty looking.
That will keep for a time yet.
I know, "Put up and shut up. Anne."


I tried my hand at mowing the lawn. First to inflate the front tire that always loses air pressure if I am not on it every (other) day or so. I was very happy that I had bought that air compressor a few months back. Still, I had to get down on all fours to do this too. But it got done, so the end justifies the means. It also justifies the cuss~words (and the final sigh of gratitude that I didn't die doing this either).

Then to fill the gas tank.
Thinking (positively) ahead
last weekend, I had sent Casey and Jenny Mella to the gas station to fill the 5~gallon gas jug. Too bad I didn't have them fill the tank on the rider as well. But hey, I got that done too!
Stand still, take a deep breath, bend, lift, and pour. (I didn't know I could hold my breath that long either).
I was impressed.
(Probably quite blue in the face, but impressed none~the~less).

Know too that all the while, Punk did not leave my side. Sweet sweet dog...

I still had to crawl onto the rider. yikes.
Picture that if you will...
(Nah, don't). hehehe

Darn fine thing I don't weigh more than I do because I believe I would have yanked the steering wheel off the darn machine as I held my breath and threw myself over the seat.
Pushing the "st00pid" clutch in was a nasty experience in and of itself. (Yeah, I'd held my breath again)...
Exhale. Just to be able to throw in another sigh of gratitude as that little motor quickly came to life.
Not so for the blades as I flipped the switch for them. They squeaked and whined before they engaged. Having had traumatic experiences in the past of needing to change out the bearings for a mower deck and losing DNA doing so, I thought I had better grease it up good.
I saw my cousin scooting back by the woods, taking the grandkids for rides on their 4~wheeler... And drove up to their place knowing there is no way I can get my shed door up right now to even get to my grease gun.
Wimp that I am, he even greased the deck for me. Thank you Jim.

By this time, the clouds had begun rolling in, just no rain yet. I mowed what my back would allow.

It rained almost all afternoon- Just enough, on and off, to get everything watered, and wet. But we need it so I won't complain.
.
.
521 Needs mowing

Yes, I already know that my lawn looks very sh*tty.
Know that I will never again wonder why some peoples lawns look like this either.
.
.

Know that I took these pictures as dusk was coming on full force.
I shall try to do a bit more mowing today, as I really suffered less than I'd expected later in the day.

Crazy from being so grounded of late, Punk and I decided to take a walk. To the woods.
I MADE IT! (Again I remain impressed by that success as well).
My own priorities being what they are I didn't care if I died out there! hehehe

Punk took her little squeak ball.   ...I took Casey's cane.

We got way back by the woods before we heard this thundering through the woods- As it was getting quite dark at that point, it was hard to see what was making those noises.
  • Something running. (And fast).
  • Twigs breaking.
  • Sticks crunching.
Growling and pointing, and with saintly patience, Punk wanted to 'get it' -yet she remained by me.

I do not know what made those noises. Maybe it was a turkey, (and maybe I am glad I don't know). But we headed back home.
.
.
521 Sunset
.
.
We stopped by the east side of the garden.
.
.
521 Lilacs from Kelli

The lilacs pilfered from Kelli's last year are beginning to bloom!

And smell SO wonderful!

.
.
I could have been blind as we rounded the NW corner of the house, and I would have known exactly where I was.
See, even more pleasing to my little nose is the scent of the orange blossoms- Also just now beginning to open.
.
.
521 orange blossoms

Wish I could hold my breath, and hold that scent forever!
.
.
.
.

.
Casey's tulips still trying to look impressive, and covered yet by the raindrops that had fallen.
.
.

521 tulips
.
.
.
.
.
And then to see that I had dug up one of the chive plants for transplanting, and not finished cleaning out that spot.
.
.
521 chive corner
Part of that plant was transplanted
over to Casey and Greg's a few weeks ago already.

.
.
.
So that was my Thursday- I have much catching up to do on your own blogs, and will try to do so after I get out and walk a bit more.

Love to all.
Be safe this weekend. And do include a few sighs of gratitude of your own for our military, past and present.

XOXO
Me


Posted to my Y! 360, Friday May 22, 2009 - 09:24am (CDT)

38 comments:

  1. You need to be careful woman. Wouldn't want you to totally decomission yourself.

    Love that sky shot, pure heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You were a busy lady! Don't overdo it though. The pictures are wonderful as usual. I will remember to sigh a few sighs of gratitude today as well. You are an inspiration. I hope I can be as strong willed as you one day. You are a trooper and I totally know where Casey gets it from. Please be careful and Happy Memorial weekend to you.

    Lots of love!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Oka;
    I am careful, but I also need to get these things done. I just do everything way slower than "normal"
    hehehe

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete

  4. Sweet Darla;
    Now where is Mr. Dalton today?
    No worries, I will fall down before I overdo it. (I hope).

    About being strong willed. You already are. (And I know that because you have given birth twice already). Am thinking that comes with the territory.

    Incidentally, Casey has not given birth- But knowing nurses who have had both pancreatitis attacks and babies, they say pancreatitis is worse. So that is probably where Casey gets it from.

    Have a wunnaful weekend!

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is so pretty. Please be safe.
    Love

    ReplyDelete

  6. I am always safe. (I think).
    You be safe too!
    And remember the 11th commandment. Thou shalt not eat any wieners without me.

    Love to all
    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly are a woman of determination.

    I'm glad your back is better.

    Wanna come scrub my tub?

    You sure did get a beautiful sky, as a welcome home from the woods.

    Punk sure is a devoted dog, and sweet too.

    I can smell those orange blossoms from here.

    Your chives are as determined as you are to participate in life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you were able to get a few things done. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Mrs. Gotta Do it Now or Else.... :) I see myself a few years ago in you. I only wish I could
    still do it, so enjoy while you can. It's hard to just sit and watch things not getting done, so to get
    out and do the best you can is healing for your Spirit!! LOL Punk is your faithful companion and will
    take care of you. The pics are just wonderful....wonder what was in the woods??? humm do you
    have bears up there?? :) I love lilacs...the smell is just great but my hubby says the smell reminds
    him of a funeral home, so he don't like me to keep some on the kitchen table!!! lol

    Have a great weekend, my friend. Hugs & blessings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mommy,

    DANG IT WOMAN!!!!! You are NOT to do these things by yourself... You ARE supposed to call me and say "Casey! My tub needs cleaning and YOU need to cut the lawn!!!" I will finish the rest of the lawn cutting on Sunday... Just stop doing these dangerous things by your lonesome! At least make sure I am there to help out at the very least... I worry too much about you...

    I know it is game in Green Bay on Saturday and I haven't decided yet if I'm going but at least that isn't too late of a game. It gets done around 11pm so we get home and to bed by 1 or 2 depending on if we get sucked into computer-land when we get home...

    The pictures are gorgeous! I think someone was stealing some lilacs when I drove by Kelli's the other day... theives! It was a woman trying to reach some flowers on the tree... No idea who she was though....

    Thank you for taking me with you today! I had fun! I got some EXCELLENT books and that board game!!! Ooh... I must get to the bathroom... Bladders don't like it when they get irritated and this UTI is doing its fair share of irritating!!

    I love you Much Much!
    ~CaseyAnne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet RT;
    I ave moments, nothing more, nothing less.
    My back is better, but man it still hurts like hell.
    I do not wish to scrub your tub- But I sure would LOVE to see your place. (And if I have tio scrub the tub, then I just have to scrub the tub).
    hehehe

    Oh and I had given some basil to Casey too. Looks niceup there on her porch and is doing just fine only receiving morning sun!
    She LOVES basil!

    Chives?
    hehehe Where are they now?

    XOXO
    me

    PS
    It's a box- and unless you have a giant mailbox, it won't fit.
    Hope you'll be home/awake?

    ReplyDelete

  12. Sweet Cille;
    But I do take care of myself- best I know how anyway. hehehe
    And it was almost a monumental day too, for me anyway-

    Hope you had fun with all your own chores today!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet Bev;
    There are times that I even enjoy the pain, in that it only keeps telling me that I am still on this side of the statistics. Sometimes one just has to keep things in perspective.
    (I guarantee that'll do it every time)! hehehe

    I really feel as though I am watching the lawns grow.
    (Reminds me of "Saturday Night in Toledo, Ohio" by John Denver).
    And since I didn't mow today, I will now have to go over even the parts I got yesterday.
    Oh well.

    We do have bears- Generally they hang around Wouters, since the used restaurant grease all is kept out back.
    Sometimes they wander up by Kelli's and scare the hell out of the horses.
    If they come through here they mostly stay downby the river. It would have been odd that one would be up top the ravines and all.
    Not impossible though.

    You have a 'wunnaful' weekend too!

    XOXO
    Me

    PS
    What do roses remind your hubby of then???

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet BoboFace;
    Still giggling at you thinking you can holler at me...
    If you recall, you have a UTI. That will kill ya to be sitting on that rider for more than 10 or 15 minutes.
    Know too that if you mow on Sunday we won't be picnicking. Too much time to mow.
    SO, I will be mowing tomorrow- Unless it rains of course.

    Was there a car at Kelli's too?
    Wonder who would dare to steal anything out here? Good thing Tim wasn't home-
    (He took his gun when he worked down in New Orleans after Katrina too).
    And it's not that they don't have lilacs to spare- It's the dang prinicple of the matter.
    hehehe ...Look who's talking!
    I had fun today too! Happy you are happy with your books n things.

    Happy peeing then.

    Forevermorelonger.

    XOXO
    me


    .

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi ya Rock,

    Love those lilacs.. and the orange blossoms.. Just lovely!

    Now it seems to me, that for a lady who has been down with her back for what 2 weeks now.. you certainly did do lots of physical work!

    You know Casey might not be bigger than you.. but she has lots of spunk.. I think she can take you! hehe

    But I am glad you and Punk got to get outdoors for awhile and enjoy the sun and all the fresh scents of a late spring.

    Many hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another great blog of pictures and I too love the lilacs!!! Glad you were able to enjoy the sunny outdoors!! I hope your weekend will be good! I am going to try and just have a laid back relaxing weekend! Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a dynamically fruitful day. I like you am not going anywhere (actually to Kenosha for a birthday party for my 4 year old grand daughter). I be working instead.

    I understand that Flintville is a bit off the trail, but I giggle at the thought of mother/daughter wiener eating contest. Be super safe and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my hubby likes roses...it's the smell of the lilacs!! I, on the other hand, love them!! :) It's so
    true with us that opposites attract... he is a very kind and quiet man...I am loud and disturbing...haha
    He is a chef and loves to cook....I dislike cooking but I love to clean. I am a spur-of-moment gal
    and he needs to plan...and it goes on, but I guess that must be OK cause on July 10th we will be
    celebrating 44 years married!!! It hasn't been a bed of roses, but we worked through it and looking
    back we both know that God was working with us the whole time. There are little miracles every
    where you look!! :) See you tomorrow, enjoy your long weekend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad you are feeling a bit better....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good Morning Sweet Beep!
    I did so much on Thursday that I decided just to go to town, pick up Casey and go to a second~hand store.
    Then my pain pill wore off.

    So you think CaseyFace could take me? I think at this point Master Gabriel could probably take me. hehehe

    Giggled at the "lste" Spring... According to the calender you are correct.
    According to our weather you are not. It is "early" Spring today.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sweet Sheri;
    I shall have to go down to Kelli's and take a picture of her "wall" of lilacs. You will love that even more!

    Hope your relaxation is 'wunnaful'

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mr. KhoolMan;
    Isn't Kenosha 'someplace'? hehehe
    Happy 4th birthday to your grandbaby! (Please do eat a piece of cake for me)!

    Oh grrr.... I still have to go buy the hot dogs.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  23. What a wonderful story! And congratulations, even early, for making it through all the tough stuff, and for believing in God too.
    You are right. You have to give credit where credit is due.
    44 years IS a miracle in and of itself!

    ...And many more!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  24. Ruh~Roh my Little Sweet (insomniac) Pea,
    What were you doing up so late?
    Hope all is well.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  25. I was coming home. I had been out to the races with the boys from work. I would have been even later but chose to pass on the concert since I have to work today.

    All is well here....

    XOXOXOX

    Sweet "I slept for a few hours" Pea

    ReplyDelete
  26. uummmmmmm....?!?!?!?!?!?!? OK! Wait? huh? I'm so confused.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely pictures as usual flint .. I hope your feeling better but I gotta feeling your far from 100% yet so try not to overdo it , although I know it got to be driving you stir crazy , not being able to do everything you wanna do ..

    I hope your having a lovely Memorial weekend ..Take care Hugss

    ReplyDelete
  28. Late again, but have had lots going on, will blog about it here soon :|

    I am glad that you got to get some things done around the house! Even though your back is feeling better, you still need to take it easy (I KNOW that you are!) hehehe

    You are MUCH braver (ha! is that a word?) than I am... If I would have heard something running through the woods I would have turned and been running too... LOL... YES, I am a chicken!

    Love that Punk never leaves your side, she is very devoted!

    Hope your weekend is an awesome one!

    Love Ya!

    Slurkie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. *pulls mind outta da gutter*

    hehehe

    NO COMMENT!!!

    ROFL!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hopefully when you come back, it will be "I slept for a few MORE hours Pea.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  31. Of course you are confused.
    I wouldn't have it any other way.

    That said, we will be cooking out later (much later) today.
    If I can find the firepit...

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sweet Carolyn;
    First and foremost, I canNOT leave a comment on your blog since you changed the theme. I tried for about 20 minutes last night and neither one of them posted.
    Sad about that.

    Now about your comment here... Know that I am always 100% "something".
    hehehe

    Enjoy today!
    (I know you have to work tonight so a few little cat naps will be just grand)

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sweet SlurkieBaby!
    You had better blog-
    You have been much like the wind lately.
    Blowing in. Sticking around a while. And then blowing back out as fast as you came in.
    hehehe
    That said, I hope all is well with everyone.

    I am not brave. truth is I couldn't have run if Sasquatch had been chasing me.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow! Thanks I enjoyed the visit.

    ReplyDelete

  35. Mr. Robert!
    You are most welcome!
    Stop by anytime!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  36. Careful what you wish for. I worked a festival yesterday (first show since valentines.)

    Got home around 8:30 answered a few e-mails... then went directly to bed. I woke up around1:30 pm because the band was texting me to find out where I was... just back from day two of the festival... think I mihgt sleep until next week..


    Nighty night.

    Sweet "I slept a lot" Pea.

    ReplyDelete