[My] Life in Wisconsin

A Whole Lot of Words, and a Few Little Weeds!

  magnify
A few flowers for your Tuesday...

"Poppies... Poppies... Poppies!"
.
.
Good Morning All;
I know it is Tuesday, but ten thoughts? That seems either too limiting, or too much today.
(Not sure which yet)...

My migraine has passed for a few days already; and I almost feel human! As they say: "At first I was afraid I was going to die; then I was afraid that I wasn't."

Brain boil now... I can't seem to gather a coherent thought for some time. Perhaps the back that 'gets' me with my body and arms in this position, or whatever.
Know I am tired of it.
Casey and I seem to have the same affliction; only she writes right through it! And does a 'wunnaful' job I might add... Most of you already know that she "broke her record" of not visiting the ER. She has blogged about it.
Click for her blog.

I believe I am going to try to type right through it too. (Wish me luck)! hehehe

I am sad as I watch my yard, my garden and all fall to weeds and whatnot. There is some "whatnot" that has come up that I don't even know what it is- Maybe one or two of you can help?

.
.
Cnv0340
The poppy I know. 
"Poppies... Poppies... Poppies!"
The weeds I know too
But what are the little purple flowers
that are growing where once my Danver carrots thrived?

.
.
Another little weed here...
.
.
Cnv0289
Baby Sam!
He crawls, even walks with help, and is 11 months old.
Daddy Chuck sent these pictures via his camera phone.
Thank you Daddy~Chuck!

.
.
As you may/may not know, Roberta has also lost custody of Sam-
Gabriel is in foster care His foster parents really wanting to adopt him, (but so darn much red tape).
I pray it will go through for them, mostly for Master Gabriel to have a whole family, and to never worry about if Mama loves him...
.
.
Cnv0288
Little Sam with Grandpa!
Growing like a weed, wouldn't you say?!

.
.
And I have one more weed too!

Many people do not realize the value of the milkweed. (Aka Joe Pye). As these come up in Spring I always save a few plants for the Monarchs.
Jenne found one the other day, barely bigger than picture wire-
In just 2 days it has quadrupled its size, and is heading for its snack in this shot...
.
.
Cnv0347
.
.
Since I have been unable to even weed whack, the weeds by the pumphouse and old calf pen are growing slipshod all over.

They are now tall enough to hide a small dog.

.
.
Cnv0346
So maybe she is a large dog...
hehehe
.
.
Silly dog "grazes" too...
.
.
Cnv0337
But gets miffed when she gets caught...
Lucky for me, she does not regurgitate the grass!
.
.
Kelli and Tim have a new pup-
A kind of rescue dog, as she lived with hardly any fun, and very little food. (I believe that most of what she got, she found herself).
Sad, that.
.
.
Cnv0298
.
.
She is about 9 months old-
A chocolate lab, (and I think she may have a bit of 'pit' in her too).
Kelli said she reminds her much of my Miss Milly- In that she is still so full of sweetness even though her past might not have been so kind.

As a side, Mr. Miller is getting much more exercise too!
.
.
Cnv0295

Kelli brought him along when she came to help get my window A/C in

.
.
Thank you so much my sweet KelliBaby! It is quite livable in here!
.
.
Cnv0294
.
.
They (our infamous weather people), claim we could be in the 90's today...

Um. Wait...
/
"Could?"

.
.
Cnv0297
.
.
Yes, the thermometer is on the north side of the house-
(Yes, I took that picture in the afternoon).

My lawns need mowing- I assure you that is NOT going to happen today. My shaggy grass will just have to wait a few more days. Too bad. hehehe

.
.
Cnv0300
Somebody oughta slap a pool there, don't you think?
.
.
Oh -wait again...
Somebody did slap a pool there!
.
.
Cnv0301
.
.
OK- So we had to get a liner for under it too.
The little instruction book claimed that the pool will kill the grass under it.

What? You didn't hear me say "too bad" already? hehehe

Before H2O, Jennifer inflated the top ring...
.
.
Cnv0302
A minor leak in the ring...
(Will just have to start chewing gum)?!
.
.
Meanwhile, Casey worked on the pump aspect...
.
.
Cnv0304
.
.
And Miss Punk watched from the 'safety' of the shade...


.
.
Cnv0303

(She hates any kind of plastic "scritching" noise)...

.
.
Still, all hell broke loose when the hose was brought out...

Seems these young 'uns didn't care one whit that the temp of my well water is 42° year 'round.
.
.
Cnv0306

Nor did it matter that there were only a few inches of water at that point.
.
.

.
Cnv0319
.
.
She will be needing her own little kids pool-
(Even chewing gum won't help her paws~n~claws)!
.
.
Cnv0311
But until then, we will just take our chances.
.

.
.
Cnv0324
Dog with TWO tails???
And NO head?!?!
.
.
.
Cnv0305

Jenne might have told me where the camera should go...
hehehe

.

.
Cnv0316

Punk didn't care where the camera was...

.
.
About a total of 4 hours of water. The lady down in Appleton where we got the pool said it took them a day and a half to get it full. (All I can say is that Appleton water must have low low pressure)...
Another 4-6 hours, this baby would be completely filled. Not sure if we will do that or not-
.
.
Cnv0334
.

I am thinking this will be more than deep enough for a 4 year old.
I do not wish to take any chances.

.
.
Kelli stopped by to see the progress too.
.

.
Cnv0331
.
.
...And Punk was p*ssed she couldn't go in yesterday.
.
.
Cnv0341
.
.

And Sputty?

Methinks Sputnik is terrified that someone might throw him in too!

hehehe
.
.
Cnv0351
As he was taken to hiding under an old chair last night...
.
.
So you see, not is all sad- Just my yard, my garden, & my weeds.
...And if I keep my eyes closed outside, then all will be well. (I think)?

Hope all is well in your little corner of the world!

Stay safe. Stay cool!

Love to all!

XOXO
Me


Posted to my Y! 360,Tuesday June 23, 2009 - 10:49am (CDT)

34 comments:

  1. Even the yard, garden and weeds look beautiful all grown up....God's landscape in the rough, just like the good ole days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not mean to leave out the facts that I love the new chocolate pup (does he taste good?), air conditioning brings happiness, and pools & puddles are equally as enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I didn't notice as much sadness as you. Some weeds are just plain pretty. I bet everyone enjoys that pool. I'd love to have one for the kids and I, but we don't have a area flat enough to put one :( Guess the Y poll will have to do for now. I do have a kidde pool and it might go up next week. We also have a water slide (http://oka2u.multiply.com/photos/album/68/End_of_Summer_Fun_Labor_Day) the kids play on (also might go up next week :D).

    Enjoy the summer with your family, much more impotant than all the weeds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful pics as always, gorgeous lab! Punk makes me laugh, and the pool looks grrrrreat! I dont know what those little purple flowers are but we have them here and they make me sneeze!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures and the fun that was captured. Enjoy the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This clears a lot up. Thanks. Sam is so adorable now!!! I do hope that no matter what happens with Gabe you are still part of his life. I think that the little purple flowers are kinda cute. Forget the weeds, enjoy that pool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm...you may have a lot of work to get things spiffy but it all sure looks good to me! Especially that pool!

    Now....go down to the local walmart or kmart and get punk a little pool of her own. Even with that, I bet she still yearns to join others in the bigger pool.

    ReplyDelete

  8. hehehe
    I love the fact that you need glasses and can only see the good in it all.

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, I'm jealous! Not only do you have all the hot weather, you also have a pool to keep you cool! I'm on my way, keep an eye out for me!

    Don't worry about the weeds and grass, you will get to it when you can! Have fun with the girls and Isaiah!

    Baby Sam is such a cutie! He's another heartbreaker in the works! hehehe

    Hope the rest of your week goes well!

    Love Ya!

    Slurkie :-)

    ReplyDelete

  10. I did not bite the dog... hehehe

    But I did have MUCH fun in all kinds of puddles and pools.
    hehehe

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe sadness isn't the right word. "Frustrating would be.
    I know how I like my place to look, (and this sure ain't it). hehehe

    Know too that my yard is not flat. That said, then you know that we now have a shallow end, and a shallower end!

    We played out there for a few hours!
    Too much fun!

    Love your photos and fun! Thank you for the link!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all, I STILL keep trying to comment on your blogs, and it just doesn't work!
    So frustrated by that too)... But send my love always...

    Punk is very expressive some days- Others she's such a comedienne!
    Am blessed though to have such a good little dog.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh we surely enjoyed that pool today!
    Very shortly I will post a pic I took just 5 minutes ago. It's the indoor/outdoor thermometer.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is what the temp says for Green Bay on my Yahoo top page...

    ~

    ~

    ugh...

    But wait now...

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is the Flintville temp... (And my A/C is set to 76).

    ~

    ~

    XOXO
    Dripping Me

    ReplyDelete
  16. 97 is pushing it, wouldn't you agree?
    hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sam is sure going to be a lady killer with those bright blue eyes!
    Now no one has seen Berta in a very long time. I think Chuck said he'd heard from her in February- She had called him and wanted to see Sam.
    He told her she had to call the social worker-
    Not a peep since.
    (And no, she never did call Rachel, and n matter how many notices of court dates etc that they have sent out. Nothing)...

    Happy you like my weeds too!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  18. I watch that "work" keep doubling in time and effort... And I feel so bad-
    Gee, if Mom and Dad were alive they might tan my hide for having it looking so unkempt.

    Not sure if that "pool" thing will work anymore...
    No yearning here- Punk just has been in there all day with us...

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  19. Don't be jealous! hehehe But I had forgotten how good the cool water feels-
    (Although pool temp is at about 75 now)- Doesn't take long in this heat. Will be bathwater by morning!

    Lawrence, Gabriel, and Sam. are ALL going to be heartbreakers! (So is Isaiah)!

    XOXO
    Me

    Now exactly when are you going to be here?
    hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wish I could pack up and head your way right now... I SO need a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I do not know what the purple flowers are.. I am of no help.. but they are pretty!!!

    Glad that Casey is doing well. I am going to read her blog when I am finished replying to yours!

    That picture of Punk is hilarious!

    Hope all is well.

    Oh.. and my grandma is fine, as far as I know. I've not heard from her at all (or heard anything about her) since she was released from the hospital. She and I do not have the closest of relationships, you see.. but thank you for your concern and prayers.. and thank you for asking.

    Nyk

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know you do Sweetie...

    "Just DO it"

    ReplyDelete

  23. Weather is on right now-
    He says Yahoo is wrong. It is currently 95 in Green Bay.

    UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sweet Nyk;
    I thought you were coming out today?
    Sorry you have to be on call. (Waiting for the pavements to start buckling, then you'll be busy)...
    Glad you are going to reply to Casey. I haven't even done that yet. hehehe

    Which pic of Punk are you laughing at? hehehe

    Happy about Grandma too!

    Love to you!

    XOXO
    Mama D.

    ReplyDelete
  25. And sure as heck, my own thermometer now says a balmy 100 degrees.
    Jenne was talking to Aaron a bit ago- He said it's 104 in Temple right now.
    Says it's "warm".
    hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  26. Texas heat is like no other heat in any other state... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's not that easy :( Need money to get there and money to live on once I did get there to visit...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Let the weeds grow where they may.... call it "naturalized" growth. you can get a tax break....

    the pool looks great~!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Woohoo! What fun a pool.. although I think around here the water would be boiling hot in the sun by the end of the day! Last night it was still 95 deg at 10pm.. You would think once the sun goes down that it would cool off a bit more!

    I see those purple flowers around the yard in Arkansas too.. I dont know what they are but they are pretty! I think my mother once told me what they are but danged if I can remember. Darla and I are in the process of gathering up some seeds and stuff to send your way.. hopefully I wont send you weeds to have to cut.. Dont expect that package too soon, Im gonna gather some 4 o clock seeds for you. Mine have not yet put on blooms. I have not yet seen my surprise lilies bloom yet either.

    And you know what.. I surely cant let weeds like that grow too long.. we tend to have visitors (not the leggy type either).. but frankly my dear they will still be there when your feeling better or when one of those grandsons get big enough to cut it for you.. hehe.. of course by then you might not find the pump house or the house for that matter....hehe

    Have a great Tuesday!

    speaking of grandsons.. they sure are growing like weeds! All are very very Handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great pics as always and everyone looks so happy and contented ...

    I wanna pool like that to sit in on real hot days and an air conditioner also .. We don't have a long season of really hot hot temps so not many people own them around here but they are getting more popular and in the hottest of summer my home is like a furnace ..

    Your garden looks lovely , even without the mowing .. I don't know what those little purple flowers are but they are lovely ..

    I am going to head over to Casey's page and read her blog ..

    Take care Annie and big hugs ..

    ReplyDelete
  31. Good Morning Dear Lady,

    Finally got to this blog. (I don't like the new layout)

    The Chocolate Lab is BEAUTIFUL, I'm so glad she has a good home.

    Punk is of course as usual just fantastic. I took a couple of pics of my neighbor's yellow lab. He reminds me of Punk only thicker. I was trying to get him to smile for me, but he was more interested in loves.

    The boys look great and so glad Jenn and Casey are doing so well.
    I'm the only one around here that would use a pool, so not much point. sigh yours looks like so much fun.

    Mr Miller still looks so odd to me clean shaven but I'm sure he's much more comfortable. He's as adorable as Punk.

    Temp's here have been reasonable. Of course today since I have to pack my truck to go visit my Daughter in IN it's supposed to get over 90. Oh, well, maybe I'll sweat some of this weight off. LOL.

    So glad the head and back are a little better. I know how you feel with both. My back isn't as bad as yours but still gives me fits frequently. The head, nothing can be done there, LOLOLOL.

    Enjoy the pool, the girls, the dogs, the kids and life in general. You are such a joy to know. Thank you.

    Hugs from Usuns in KY

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sam is so CUTE!!! I'm glad Chuck sent you those pictures... He looks like he's doing really well!!

    DON'T CLOSE YOUR EYES OUTSIDE!!! YOU'LL FALL IN THE POOL!!! Just ignore the grass... That's how I get around those pesky neighbors downstairs... Ignorance is bliss... I'll have to say an extra prayer for that one tonight, huh? I just don't tolerate stupidity very well and parents who let their kids play in busy parking lots classify under that category.... Ugh

    On to happier news... That pic of Punk hiding is adorable!!! She's just the right size if you ask me!!! And so full of LOVE!!!

    Glad she and Isaiah can tolerate that 42 degree water.... That would give me that feeling that I can't breathe... Of course the pleurisy is doing that already, but cold water for some reason always does that to me...

    Ugh, my stomach is growling so I must go snack on something...

    Love you MUCH MUCH!
    ~Casey

    ReplyDelete