[My] Life in Wisconsin

Mushrooms in Bloom (and other scattered~brained fun)...

  magnify
Those darned squirrels still get to the birdfeeder...
They climb the little post, and JUMP onto the feeder!
This drives the cat crazy- Me too.
The "FIX" will be posted tomorrow... hehehe
.
.
Good Morning All.
I am way too late for Ten Thought Tuesday, so this will be a "Random Wednesday"

Received in my email. I have to begin with it. It is both terrifying and beautiful.

AREN'T THEY ALL OUR CHILDREN?

There are few things in this life more difficult to experience than the loss of one's child. Jim Wallis tells about a sad and terrifying incident that occurred during the tragic war in Sarajevo not too many years back.

A reporter who was covering the violence in the middle of the city saw a little girl fatally shot by a sniper.

The reporter threw down his pad and pencil and rushed to the aid of a man who was now holding the child. He helped them both into his car and sped off to a hospital.

"Hurry, my friend," the man urged, "my child is still alive."
A moment or two later he pleaded, "Hurry, my friend, my child is still breathing."
A little later he said, "Hurry, my friend, my child is still warm."

When they got to the hospital, the young girl was gone.
"This is a terrible task for me," the distraught man said to the reporter. "I must go tell her father that his child is dead. He will be heartbroken."

The reporter was amazed. He looked at the grieving man and said, "I thought she was YOUR child."

The man replied, "No, but aren't they all our children?"

I think that is one of the great questions of our age.
Aren't they all our children?
It is a question that deserves an answer.

Aren't they all our children?
Those who live under our roof and those who reside with another family?
Those to whom we are related as well as those whom we have never known?

Aren't they all our children?
Those on our side of the border as well as those on the other side?
Those of our nation no more or less than those of another?

Aren't they all our children?
Those who worship like us and those who worship differently? Those who look like us and those who do not?

Aren't they all our children?
The well-educated and the under-educated?
The well-fed and the under-fed?
Those who are secure and those who are at risk?

Aren't they all our children?
The highly valued and highly esteemed as well as the castaways and the lost?

Aren't they all our children?
Aren't they all our responsibility?
ALL of them?
Ours to nurture?
Ours to protect?
Ours to love?

I don't think it is an exaggeration to say that the survival of our world hinges on the answer to that question.

To say they are NOT all our children is to condemn the world to more struggle
– family against family,
- group against group,
- nation against nation.

Aren't they all our children?
If we say yes, can we ever again pit them against each other?
"If we have no peace," said Mother Teresa, "it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other."

Aren't they all our children?

There may be no greater question for our generation.
And how we answer that question will determine the shape of our world for years to come.
.
.
.

Back to our homefront...

The wiegelia (sp) are in bloom- (However it's spelled they are pretty).
.
.
Cnv0262
.
.
Casey's dark purple irises are blooming too...
.
.
Cnv0229
.
.
And I think this mushroom might have been blooming too?
...before it got squished by the rider... hehehe
(It's my blog and if I say mushrooms bloom, then they bloom)!
.
.
Cnv0226
.
.
Some "bloomin' bird" walked all over Jenné's car...
.
.
Cnv0228
ROTFLMBO
.
.
And I am left wondering if dogs bloom after they shed???
.
.
Cnv0246
.
.
Even Punk didn't recognize Old Man Miller!
.
.
Cnv0244
.
.
But yes, it is him, after a shave.

.
.
Cnv0243
Still lovin' Tigger
And MUCH cooler this way too...

.
.
Sweet Pea got me to wondering what this is after her own blog yesterday...
.
.
Cnv0247
.
.
It is very heavy, about 9 or 10 inches across.
And very old.
No markings on the bottom either.
Not sure if it would be Native or Mexican. Does anyone know?
.
.
Cnv0248
.
.
We took a ride to Appleton yesterday afternoon to pick up an 18'x4' pool.
Hopefully we can get it set up soon too.

The bridges seem very treacherous down there...
.
.
Cnv0251
hehehe
.
.
On the way back, we stopped to see Master Gabriel.
They were all playing in the back yard!
.
.
Cnv0255
.
.
Master Gabriel came running in the house as I was talking to his "mom" (NOT Berta), and exclaimed that he needed a "Grandma Kiss" !!!

HOW COOL IS THAT?!? (I can truly live on that for a long time)!!!

He wanted to plant a yellow pepper- Seeing the seeds on the inside, he and his sisters scattered those seeds in hopes of more pepper plants.
.
.
Cnv0253
Showing his pepper to Isaiah
.
.
Hopefully at least one of those plants will grow for them...
.
.
Cnv0254
.
.

Isaiah rode with me after we left.
He wanted to know "when can we go back?"
So much fun playing with other kids!



So what does everyone think about getting that pool set up???
.
.
Cnv0206
.
.
I wholeheartedly agree.
.
.
Cnv0261
They can't wait either!
hehehe

.
.
For now I must go into town for a bit- A few groceries & other things to get too.

My love to all!

XOXO
Me


free hit counters
free hit counters



Have a "wunnaful" Wednesday!

.
.


Wednesday June 17, 2009 - 12:29pm (CDT)

37 comments:

  1. Well, Miller sure did look different. I guess there was a dog under there after all. Some thing that Daughter's boyfriend said after Backyard Guardian got her hair shaved off. LOL
    "Need to kiss a grandma" I almost cried after that being said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of Gabe running to you is priceless!

    LOVE the black iris! The color is gorgeous... so deep.

    unlike your pool which is pretty shallow,

    The mushroom itself IS the bloom.

    The bowl thing IS a part of a fountain supposedly. The lady I got mine from had the same one. The exact same one. They are parts of antique Mexican made fountains. Basically the tower part (which you don't have) sends a stream into the bowl part of yours to make a splash.

    From there it goes in to the pool.

    I have not been able to confirm what she says yet but she had hundreds of them so I kinda figure she would know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that pic of Gabe also! and Mr Miller , oh my goodness I would not have recognized him! he was half hair..lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, and Mr Miller looks silly de-fuzzed but much cooler! He always made me hot to see him all fuzzed in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have missed so very much since I been gone and am throughly confused.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. The story at the top reminds me of the old saying in some places that it "takes a village to raise a child." If we all cared the way we should then that is the way it would be.

    Oooooo....lovely flowers!

    What?? Mr. Miller got the summertime buzz cut too?!? Has my son been up there? Looks like he got a hold of him! LOL! (He did leave for Texas this morning. He must have detoured!) Amazingly....Mr. Miller still looks good even without hair!

    That pottery thing....is alien!

    Gabriel looks happy. I bet he was more than happy to see you, for sure. That grandma kiss put you on cloud nine....didn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A pool sounds wonderful! We are currently on day 7 of 100+ degree days.. and they are saying at least another week of it with no rain in sight.. Although we do have a nice breeze and as long as you stay in the shade its bearable.

    Mr Miller certainly does look alot cooler.. and he seems to like his new "do"!

    The poem at the top also reminds me of the saying "it takes a village to raise a child" Frankly I have always disagreed with that attitude.. it doesnt take a village it takes parents. Parents need to take responsibility for their children and be there for their children.

    But it is a pretty poem and we all do need to fight for the children.. now tell me when are we gonna stand up and fight for the old people. I know not the direction you were going with that poem.. but its a pet peeve of mine.

    Everyone says fight for the children because they are our future.. but seems to me the current future forgot that someone was fighting for them and now they are being kicked to the curb. Its very sad to see.

    Ok Im going away.. off my soapbox..

    Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that iris.

    I bet Isaiah does long to be around some lil peeps. A pool might help him forget that long for a bit.

    Can I come swimmin?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful flowers ...Beautiful dogs ... Beautiful family .. I wanna come over for a swim when you get the pool set up .. Its been absolutely lovely here all week and its suppose to continue into early next week ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG @ Miller getting a haircut! He looks like a totally different dawg!

    Gotta love the pics of Gabriel! How sweet that he wanted Grandma kisses! That just warms your heart and makes ya feel good!

    Pool party at Anne's house!!! I'll bring the hot dogs and we can cook out!

    Hope the rest of your week is awesome!

    Love Ya!

    Slurkie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet Athena;
    He is a naked dog!
    And honestly, when Kelli brought him over I really laugh so hard it hurt!
    But sooooooo cute!

    As I said about :Grandma Kiss" I sure can live on that for a long time!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet Pea;
    I love that shot of Gabriel too!
    This young man is growing up so fast- and so well too. He has SO many real feelings, but is allowed to be a child, and to never wonder where his next meal, or hug, is coming from.
    That makes him (and me) very very happy!

    Casey picked out those iris bulbs, and planted them last year (in a great deal of agony too).
    I didn't dig them up for winter... And am so happy they came through so very well.

    You pickin' on my pool??? hehehe
    Our "summers" are pretty shallow compared to yours also.
    ;-)

    That lady had 100's of the same base as mine???
    Dang. I paid $3.00 for it at a rummage sale. hehehe
    Oh well...

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet Pamela;
    He is such a little charmer, isn't he?
    And even Punk had to double check Mr Miller when Kelli came!
    He couldn't even have Tigger until she approved either! hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  14. He had some hot spots last year...
    So will be much more comfy now

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet Becca;
    You didn't miss too much- 'Cept I got older! hehehe

    Now what are you confused about?

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet PeachieBaby!
    I go as far as helping the children as I can. But I cannot stand the fact that there are millions of babies and children at home here IN THE UNITED STATES to be fed and to be medically treated... And then we send all that food, and the health supplies to other countries.
    (I am most certainly NOT Mother Teresa).

    If your son was up here, and YOU weren't with him, I would have shooed him away 'til he brought you along!
    hehehe

    The pottery almost has a mystical 'feeling' about it. And I never knew what to "do" with it, but just that I had to have it once I touched it. Weird huh?

    XOXO
    Me

    I am STILL on Cloud 9.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet Beep!
    I saw those forecasts even before those temps came your way... SO nasty. And then heard on the weather channel that there is no rain coming anytime soon. They were telling of the depths of the lakes down there, and warning boaters that those depths will be changing the boating season a great deal. (Bet people still don't pay attention).

    Don't ever worry about the soapbox. hehehe (Lord knows I get up on mine often enough)!

    You are right about the "parent" aspect of the story, and the writers notes. When I was raising kids though, every now and then, someone would call and 'fill me in' on whatever shenanigans were going on. In that respect, the 'village' was helpful.

    I am old some days too ya know.

    XOXO
    Me

    PS
    Roberta's rights to baby Sam were terminated yesterday.
    He is with his dad, brother and new baby sister now!
    He is doing very well!

    ReplyDelete

  18. Sweet Oka;
    Of course you may come anytime you want!
    Please bring the kids too!

    Isaiah was just having a blast- Too bad it was so close to suppertime, or he might have been able to play a bit longer- We still have to get him down to the river here- They have gone back to the woods- Jenne said he could catch some crayfish too.

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sweet Carolyn;
    You may come too!
    hehehe
    (Methinks I'd better be getting that darn thing set up sooner than later)!

    I hear we are "in for it" today with the storms. maybe they will be kind and miss me.
    To be 85 by Tuesday too.
    (That's pushing it for me).

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweet SlurkieBaby!
    You have been away... And my page is broke.
    I have all of everyones blogs to catch up on, and it is hard to hunt when the darn page doesn't work, and I have this darn dial up.

    You laughing at Mr Miller too??? hehehe

    No hot dogs. Real wieners, (or I burn the crap out of them on the fire).
    I have marshmallows, and shall make some tater salad and lemonade.
    Just bring Kaylee- and OKA too!

    Gee, I have never HAD a pool party before. Whatever shall I wear?!? hehehe

    I am on/off "migraine-head" these past few days- yesterday was a bear... and am heading back to sleep shortly to see if I can shake it for good.

    Missed you!

    XOXO
    me

    .

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad to see Gabriel looking so good!! What a change! Handsome young man, he looks very happy and healthy.
    Christy O

    ReplyDelete
  22. I didn't recognize Mr. Miller at first! I'll bet he'll be so much more comfortable for the summer with his new haircut (or should I say - buzz cut!)

    That picture of Gabriel coming to you is precious. What do you think grandma kisses are going for these days? About a million bucks?!

    I had to laugh at the picture of Gabriel and Isaiah where Isaiah is in the little blue car. He looks like one of those clowns you see at the circus riding in a little miniature car. I hope the squash seeds they planted come up, growing food is a great thing for a kid to learn about.

    The weather has been nasty down here. Temps in the 90s with severe thunderstorm warnings every day. We had a lightening storm come through here last night which caused a power outage at the hotel for almost 2 hours. It apparently didn't wake up any of the guests, which was good, I had enough to handle without guests sneaking up behind me in the dark!

    The pool sounds fun. Is it for the 2 leggeds or the 4 leggeds? Or for both?

    Pretty wigela. It's gets so hot this time of the year that it seems like everything stops growing except the weeds. That Iris is such a dark purple it almost looks black (did you know there are black Iris's?)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear Annie,

    LOVE this Iris'. Much darker than mine.

    I like Mr Miller's haircut, but why are you letting him chew on me? LOL

    The girls look great and Isiah looks happy.

    Master Gabrial is a living doll.

    The weigala are very nice. I'm going to have to see if I can find some.

    Hope the head continues to get better.

    I've been playing with my new camera, so watch out for pics.

    Hugs,
    Usuns in KY

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sweet Christy!
    Hey wait a minute Silly Girl... Didn't he look happy when he was at his Grandmas house?
    hehehe

    Love to ALL! (And even those that aren't "home" yet).

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sweet RT;
    It's a whole new definition to having a Miller Buzz!
    hehehe

    I am going to bring over a pepper plant for the kids. Mama K can do what she wishes with it.
    Those 2 boys in the car was hilarious- barely any room to breathe!

    We have been SO lucky with respect to all the 'weather' they have predicted but that has not come... Stormwise anyway.
    If I would have felt more human today i would have begun to set up that pool. But I felt like caca.

    That is all I have this year is weeds! (Why do you think I have to do so much zooming in)?
    hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    PS
    I would not have traded that Grandma Kiss scenario even for a million bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sweet Tigger! hehehe
    I have purple irises too- But LOVE Caseys dark one,,,

    Everyone is happy, even me although I am neither happy with my head or my back...
    ALL of my grandbabies are just gorgeous! (William has sent pictures this week, so tomorrow will have pics of my Little Lawrence too)!

    Can't wait for your pictures either!

    Have to run for now!

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  27. He looked wonderfully happy at your house!!! But it is so nice to see updates! He has grown!

    We are looking at court dates for the new kiddos pretty soon, so that means that following court five to ten weeks later dear hubby gets to travel to bring them home! I am so ready! And this adoption has been fast! Oh, my!
    LOL!
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am glad to know Gabe is FINALYL getting to be a kid. This makes my heart happy....


    Flowers like people are surprisingly resisliant.

    She DID have hundreds of them..... and was selling that one for $20 (regular price $40) and was selling them so I say you got a good deal.....

    i didn't add it to the three I bought as I got the ones I did for $4.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I bet he will be! He is a bigger wookie than Riely ever was!

    ReplyDelete
  30. YEAH!!!!!

    while I am sad it came to this... I am THRILLED that Sam will know a stable home where he knows love.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Swim suits are usually a good thing... But if you are swim suit-less an old pair of cut-offs and an old shirt works just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  32. where is Gabe living now.....at home or no? Is his momma living with you? Who is the other boy? No way is that the new baby I was reading about before I left.....what happ to that baby? Geeze....sorry I told you I was confused...

    ReplyDelete
  33. So good to see Master Gabriel doing so very well.

    Mr Miller looks like he took a load off :)

    The Iris reminded me....my mother loved those, among others.

    Good to see such joy on your pages.

    ReplyDelete