[My] Life in Wisconsin

3, 4, 5. Please Get Me Out of This Funk!


Good Afternoon all;
It has been so long since I have blogged that I need a refresher course.
Almost a new season too.

I snapped this picture at the Pain Management Clinic when I was there last week.

Kind of appropriate for these last few hours of Summer

.
.
.
I have begun a multitude of blogs over this past week, and have deleted them all.
---wonders if I will delete this one also---

.
.
I had to almost argue with Dr. Mario, telling him that the shot trade-off of a migraine for a week VS a better back is really not worth it to me. He stated that he could put a blood patch on, thinking I may have been mistaking a headache for a migraine. Such was not the case. These migraines came on with their normal auras. I don't think a spine patch would have changed a thing. Not caring to find out by barfing for another week, I declined. He changed my migraine meds back to Cafergot. It is the original migraine remedy, and not everyone has heard of it. (Including Dr. M.).  I also asked for him to decrease my Kadian; which he did, but urging me to use the stronger ones as I need to. My back has been so godawful that I have not even used the lesser strength ones yet.

I also had the appointment with the spine doctor.  He was a very nice man with a very understood sense of humor too. More comfortable that way. Add to that the fact that he is only a few years younger than I- We had a good rapport.

He went over the results of my MRI with me. (It was a long appointment, what can I say)?
Not good news, but not the very worst either. He seems to think that most of my pain is from the following.
  • Three fractures. How I got them is anyone's guess. He told me people do this by just even sneezing! (Not a great thing to hear with my allergies).
  • Four discs that may/may not be contributing to the problems. (They are not huge or bulging yet, so we shall leave them alone for now).
  • Five bone spurs.
He believes my problems to be osteoporosis. AKA "brittle bone disease". This is what my Grandmother Runnoe had.
Trust me, along with the arthritis I have in my back, it is not much fun.

.
.
But his office decor was a LOT of fun!
.
.

Cnv1237
Maybe this is what I will look like soon?
Yes, Slurkie your Bengals won-
I think it is best to get the pressure of an undefeated season off my Pack
.
.
.

I will be having a dexa? scan next week.
Plus, I am taking even more calcium than I was taking before-
Just to be on the safe side, he also said I should also have 600mgs of Vitamin D along with that- (Unsure of how much is in what I take, I didn't tell him that I was already taking 1000mgs/day). That all in addition to what I eat. (We are Cheeseheads. We eat real cheese, and not "cheese product").
So what the hey?  I have always taken supplements, and garlic. So the problem comes in with not absorbing them... Time will tell.
I have a new brace- made just for me. It is more comfy than the other, although the tech said it would not be. It is also very warm. Doctor told me to wear it for the next 4 months. The arm~hold part of the brace gives me problems with my bad shoulder, but as long as my fingers keep working it'll be ok.
He also made a point of telling me NO SNOW SHOVELING. Hell of a way to get out of that.
Hmm --wonders if he or the nurses will come and shovel FOR me--


When Casey was done with school that day she came with and went to Petco with us.  Always a fan of these narfy rodents, she had to stop and say hi.




Cnv1241
I think they are just overgrown rats
(as my overgrown dog looks on).
.
.
.
On the way home I stopped and bought a 4 piece chicken dinner from KFC.

.
.
Cnv1203
Someone needs math class.
.
.
Pulling in the yard, to notice that the trees are changing colors, even though we have had above average temps for a few weeks.
.
.

Cnv1243
and this was a week ago already...
.
.
Kelli came yesterday morning- Was out and about with her two dogs, and wanted to take them for a romp to the woods. (I haven't uploaded those pictures yet, but have a few from last week anyway)...
.
.
.
Cnv1245
Yes, Mr Sputnik goes with them...
And runs like a tiger to catch up to them too.

.
.
.
Cnv1247
Looks like CoCo is also trying to imitate wildlife. hehehe
.
.
Coming back up here to chat for a while, Mr Miller feels it is his solemn duty to take out all the stuffed animals from the garage. I think Jenne and Isaiah left these behind. Miller can't get into the shed because the door has been closed, so he started poking in bags up here... Too funny!
.
.
Cnv1254 
Kelli thought this one to nice to be mauled by the dogs...
.
.
.

Yes, I have lots more catching up to do. Will try to post more often.
'Til then, try to have a 'wunnaful' week!

My love to all.

XOXO
me


30 comments:

  1. I didn't get the KFC one...

    Hope the brace and vitamin D help. Is there talk of taking care of the bone spurs?

    Take care of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Ms Rock.. Im so glad to hear the doctor visits went rather well. Funny I have always been told that just taking calcium alone will not help you need to add vitamin C or maybe it was D, in order for the body to process it. Also.. I have been hearing alot on the news from those "news" doctors that many children and folks in the north are vitamin D deficient. Just not spending enough time in the sun. I can see/ understand how that can be true.

    JT, Darla and I always say how our pets are very much like children. And like many children are curious about whats in bags and stuff.. I know Miss Nikki.. you bring a sack of any sort into the house and she wants to know whats in it. I think this comes from me always buying her some kind of toy or treat when she was little. If I went to the store.. you could guarantee I would bring that baby something. hehe

    I loved that wall hanging at the doctors office.. Just perfect for my front porch.. next trip why dont you snag it for me ??? hehe
    No shnow shnovoling? I know easy for you to say.. I guess you will just have to hibernate all winter long or teach Punk how to use a schnovole..

    Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Sweets! Flash didn't go off.
    There were only 2 pieces of chicken in the box... (Still mad about it too).
    If I lived closer I would definitely have done something about it too.

    The brace is nice-
    I had to take it off for a bit as I just now came back inside and was pretty darn hot. I keep putting powder on it. (I use the real stuff, not the corn starch crap, or I'll have gravy on my back). hehehe

    Now for the Vitamin D... I am thinking it is not water soluble so I will have to watch my intake. Will have to check that somewhere yet.

    Talk about water soluble, my pee was this phosphorescent yellow already... Though I haven't checked, it probably glows in the dark now...

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Beep!
    Dewclaws do not double as thumbs- Or so Punk has told me amny times...

    I know I have needed D since I was old enough to know anything.
    (Mama was a bonafide Health Nut).

    Funny that Punk doesn't stick her snout in my shopping bags. I can even go to the meat market and buy a bunch of meat, and then go to WalMart. She will leave the bags alone.
    But don't think for a second that she doesn't go out and sniff the car. hehehe Once I bring them in though, she leaves them all alone. Even when I would get her a little something. (Gee, the last person that bought her a toy is RT)!
    She needs to be restocked... I looked for some new tennis balls for her, but no luck.
    I made a boo boo and bought the "dog" tennis balls the last time. She doesn't like those at all. She evidently wants the softer, regular, kind.

    XOXO
    Your "deficient" friend
    Me

    PS
    Take a number toots, I have my own plans for that wall hanging. hehehe

    ReplyDelete


  5. Oh and I believe that there is a correlation between my thyroid and this osteoporosis too.
    Will also have to check that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should of call and raised Hell, I would of.

    can you wear and undershirt between the brace and your skin?

    you didn't answer about the bone spurs did you? hell maybe I missed it somewhere.

    You better take a picture if it glows in the dark, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. mimi will shred the dog tennis balls, but the actual tennis balls last much longer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops. "Sawwy" hehehe
    He didn't say anything- Just pointed them out to me
    But with all the extra calcium and meds, won't they grow????????????

    ReplyDelete

  9. Why is that???
    Just weird if you ask me...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehehehe! Laughing at the skinny cheerleader who looks to be a bit anorexic!

    Maybe that bony cheerleader finally got hungry and ate those two missing pieces of chicken. :)

    Ever get the feeling of wishing for a "body store" so we could walk in and replace our worn out parts? I know I sure do. I want a whole NEW body!

    Hope you are feeling chipper again soon. But no snow shoveling till you have healed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ugh....

    but giggled at the cheerleader... she must be from LA.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the dog ones are made with cheaper materials, and have an odor to them that makes her want to shred them

    ReplyDelete
  13. I guess a question that needs to be discussed???

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry, I will come back later to comment....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Peachie 2007 wrote: Ever get the feeling of wishing for a "body store" so we could walk in and replace our worn out parts? I know I sure do. I want a whole NEW body!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ohhh that would be so nice. I would be shopping for quite some time, but to renew myself with'
    new body parts...."WOW......hubby had a dream that I was running, said he sure enjoyed seeing
    me like that again!! :)
    Well Annie, I'm happy that you saw this doctor and I hope every thing works out well for you.
    You will remain in my prayers.
    Hugs & blessings,
    BEV xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. my body kicks out vitamins too, vitamin D a simple thing we should be able to get from the sun, is what I lack too, the pills dont do a thing for me, I was going in for weekly shots of D and B, now I'm taking the vitamins and hoping for the best. I'm a huge Punk and Mr. Miller fan! more more more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope the new brace and whatever the spine doc got planned , works and gives you some relief .. Its not hard to see or tell that fall is setting in but its my FAV time of the year and I LOVE the colors when everything starts to change .. I am still working and we have a long day tomorrow , will have a longer then usual shift and then nothing on Thursday ..

    My sister came out today and brought my little man with her so I spent my whole day down there because I was off today also .. Work is winding down and I am fine with that ..

    Take care of yourself Anne and I really do hope and pray you start to find relief with your back soon ..Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. I missed this this morning when I was checking my inbox. It looks like a nice long juicy one too. I'll catch up with it tomorrow, now it's time for bed.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You know, that sesame milk I was making last year would be great for you.
    A quarter cup of sesame seeds has 351 mg calcium.

    Do you like greens?

    Spinach
    A cup of boiled spinach has 245 mg.

    Collard Greens
    A cup of boiled collard greens has 266 mg.

    molasses cookies?

    Blackstrap Molasses
    One tablespoon has about 137 mg.

    I am sorry about your back...that really sounds like a nasty set of symptoms. Each one on it's own sounds like it would produce terrible pain.
    The head....I identify....had a bad one friday that almost sent me to the ER and I have had one since midnight last night....ready to cry about now.

    I understand about not blogging and also doing the deleting too......sometimes it's just not meant to be.

    Rest that body and don't give yourself any more fractures when the Packers play :)

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete


  20. still catching up...
    do forgive what I miss- But always remind me too.

    I would have called but I live too far away and do not get to town regular.
    I do use a shirt inbetween

    Maybe if I use the night vision setting on my camera????
    HAHAHA


    ReplyDelete
  21. I laughed at the cheerleader too. (Then promptly asked if I might take a picture)!

    The rest of me is OK I guess... But this pain is absolutely the worst.
    I am so ready to call and at least "trade~in" the back pain for that week of migraine hell again

    Please tell Mother Nature to cooperate with my doctors orders.

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete

  22. Is L.A. the Anorexia Capitol of the world?

    ReplyDelete

  23. Sweet Bev;
    Oh how I wish I could run too! I think Punk believes me to be immobile somedays- Darn good thing that Kelli comes over and that her Coco is so full of piss and vinegar.
    God love your hubby!
    You too!


    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  24. Sweet Pam;
    (Guess I can call YOU that now)... hehehe

    Our bodies always throw out the water soluble vitamins- Others, Like Vitamin D, are stored within. Unfortunately that storage puts my hypothyroidism at risk of needing even more replacement.
    Oh grrrrrrrrrr....

    I shall have to get more pics of the pups for you. Those were among the 68 that got deleted. (Still madder than heck about that too).

    XOXO
    Me


    ReplyDelete

  25. Sweet Carolyn;
    You surely get some rough schedules- When we were building The Townline, I put in more than a few 80+ hour weeks. (Salaried, dammitallanyway). hehehe But I can attest to the fact that one lives through it. (I think).

    The Dr. told me to wear the brace, awake or asleep, for 4 months. The gal at the prosthetic place told me to make sure I wear it when I am active.
    The last few days once again have been nasty for my back. So last night, I removed it before I went to bed... (oh I was SO tired)...
    NOT a good idea. I woke at 3 in such awful pain.
    It is bad yet. But I still need to get Punk outside and play with her for a while.

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete

  26. Sweet RT
    What happened to you and Slurkie anyway?
    Are you still bailing rainwater?
    Are you not wanting to be at the hotel with respect to the terror threats?
    Did you go in yet to the hospital?

    Hope you at least got some sleep...

    XOXO
    me


    ReplyDelete
  27. Sweet bethieBaby;
    Me and sesame? Doesn't go weel with my head. Even the smell sets it off. (Wait til I have a cold AND a migraine at the same time). hehehe

    Love spinach.
    Love greens.
    I thought I was the only person in the world that loves molasses too.

    "Each with its own" - You are right about that.

    I won't delete them anymore. I can use the draft thing- Too much time invested when I have my pics there already.

    No rest now. Got to get outside.
    and no fractures during the game either- Just the tourettes...

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  28. We were spared any major flooding. Most of the suburbs surrounding Atlanta (2 hours south of here) have been declared disaster areas by the Governor though.

    What terror threats?

    I'm so sorry your doctor can't do more to relieve your back pain. If osteoporosis runs in your family no matter how much calcium and vitamin D you take you'll never have enough to keep your bones healthy. Has your doctor mentioned anything about Rx level calcium supplements designed for osteoporosis - like Boniva? As soon as I can get set up with a GYN I'm planning on asking for it, since I now have a prescription card through my insurance I can afford it (I've heard it's very expensive.)

    Even though I'm an Auditor I'm embarrassed to say that I can't see anything wrong with the KFC receipt. What am I missing?

    Mr Miller and his stuffed animals is just too cute! I'm wondering if he want's them so he can tear them up, or if he takes them because he's trying to rescue them? It's sort of unusual for a male dog to be so maternal.

    Leaves are starting to turn just a little bit down here too. (The Sour Wood and Dogwoods.) I have a feeling we are going to have an early Fall this year. With all the rain we've had we should have some real pretty color here in the mountains this Fall.

    As for not being able to shovel snow this winter... have you thought about moving your house closer to the road so you won't have a driveway to clear? (LOL! If ONLY it were that easy!)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I somehow got a cold or the flu or something... Whatever it is, it's nasty and has left me to basically just want to lay in bed and sleep... So I have...

    I can read but to try and come up with an actual comment is making my head hurt... Please know that I am not lurking purposely...

    Love to You

    Slurkie

    ReplyDelete