[My] Life in Wisconsin

The Sun Will Come Up Tomorrow


.
.

Warning! Do not read while eating...




Good Morning!
We are in Minnesota- Away from the maddening crowds of Flintville!

I took a few pics before we left.
Of the 5+ inches of rain we had...
.
5+ Inches of Rain  
.
.
Which is very good for the trees.  And all those apples still left.
.
.
Apples 
I imagine that Sue and Glenn will fill that pickup truck more than once yet! Hopefully will be stopping by even in my absence, and take a bunch of leftover squash for their deer too.
(Gritter, they are in the fields behind the old garage).
.
.
Now y'all know that I have a bit of a mowiss problem come Fall and its falling temps.
So I had to get the rodent killer out.
.
.
Mowiss Hunter
Ok, most people call it a mousetrap...

I set it up in the attached garage-
I'd hoped that the teeny tiny bit of cheese would prove lethal for a few of those varmints.

Little did I know that the trap would set itself off almost immediately!

Since my back sucks, I grabbed a can from the recycle bin instead of carrying out each one to the dumpster. I used that to hold my little dead guys.

If you're eating, & have ignored my previous warning, do not look at the pic below.
.
.
.
Mowiss~Deceasedum 
The first three dead bodies.
.
.
Before we left I unplug everything. I have a little fan atop the piano that I run constantly to circulate the air in my living room.
Given the fact that it is 29' long, the air does not always get moved in the NE corner. So I use that fan...

As I reached down to unplug it, I spied one of Sputnik's little catnip toys on the side of the piano.
I was going to grab it for him until the dang thing suddenly grew legs and disappeared behind the piano.
I jumped about 5 feet, and still had to unplug that fan. (Damn. I've got another one in the house)! And triple damn!
So I brought the trap inside to set by the piano.


.
.
.
Casey; Ready to leave 
Casey didn't seem to care that something could jump on her at any given point in time.
.
.
.
What would YOU do?  
We did what anyone with half a brain would do, and left home! 
hehehe

Of course our first stop was good old Ringle, WI for Punk to do whatever she needed to. And we get to stretch our legs too.
.
.
Ringle Woods 
Sure is pretty this time of year!

In order to get as far away from that mowiss as I could, we loaded ourselves back into the car and were off once more...

Seeing a trailer that carries "Caution Horses". 
(I have never heard of that breed?! hehehe
.
.
 .
Horse Trailer and Buggy  
The trailer with the buggy on the top!

We'd left late, so were treated to the sunset off I-94
.
.
.
Sunset  
.
.
.
.
Sunset 
Sorry for the blur...  Nearing Minneapolis.

Yesterday morning, the sun came right back up!

.
.
.
.
Minneapolis  
Heading to the campus for Casey's appointment with Dr. Sutherland
.
.
MN October 27, 09 109
Self explanatory where we were.
.
.
And one of the grounds...
.
.
Outdoors  
.
.
After a long appointment, Dr. Sutherland has ordered more than a few tests, beginning with the bloodwork from yesterday. 
Her liver tests are consistently high- And remembering that there is a cyst on her liver (which has been there ever since her very first CAT Scan), he has ordered now 3 more tests as an outpatient.  (Lord, she does NOT want to be hospitalized, ever again).

At ten this morning we are to be back for her HIDA Scan.
This stands for 
hepatobiliary iminodiacetic acid scan, (so I will use HIDA from now on)...

Hopefully this will be done by the time she has her EGD at noon.
The EGD is called an Esophagogastroduodenoscopy
, (I will use EGD from now on). An examination of the lining of the esophagus, stomach, and upper duodenum with a small camera (flexible endoscope) which is inserted down the throat... (Click for more)...

Tomorrow will bring its own round of tests, one being another CT, and an ultrasound.

After she had been poked for blood, (much), she was hungry. We stopped at Arbys- She got some kind of taco.

.

.
.
CHOWING DOWN
Punk wanted that taco too!
.
.
.
.
KC, with Punk in a Babushka 
Instead she was turned into a towel headed dog...
.
.
.
Casey is still asleep.
Since she cannot eat or drink anything this morning, or tomorrow for that matter, she gets to sleep as long as possible... I would want to too.

She did wake to take Punk out early this morning. My back was being very uncooperative to say the least, (and here, it is not a matter of sending the dog out the back door to take care of herself).

It is gloomy outside- Cloudy, and the last time I looked there was frost on every car. (I did find my ice and snow scraper and made sure it was in the car for our trip). It will clear itself by the time we have to leave though.

Hopefully Kelli is not having too much fun with the mouse s(h)ituation at home. Am thinking Randy might have been there too. I'd explained to him that Kelli doesn't mind live mice, but is bothered much by the dead ones. (Perhaps she was Minnie Mouse in a prior life)...

I'd better close for now. Time to get out of my baggy sweats, and look alive for the day.

Love to all.

XOXO
Me

PS
For those of you that are diabetic or know someone who is, there is a nationwide recall of all Accusure® Insulin Syringes.
CLICK here for that info. http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm188137.htm


24 comments:

  1. Good Morning Sweet Annie,

    And Miss Casey and Miss Punk also!!
    Sounds like you've been pretty well poked and prodded and what they've missed so far they will get before they're through. HUGS for hte pains you're both going through.
    As usual I like the photos. Nice to see the places you have to spend so much time at. All I can do is to continue to pray that they find some relief for Miss Casey and for you Dear Friend.

    Thank you for the alert on the syringes. I guess it's a good thing the V A supplies Rick with BD syringes and not the Accusure.

    HUGS
    OXOX
    Snotball

    ReplyDelete

  2. We are hanging in there Sweetie.
    And perhaps by this time next week we will know what the heck is up.

    XOXO
    Me

    As far as the syringes go.
    Please make sure they are not made by Accusure and just marketed under a generic name.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Of course that begs to who makes the syringes for Accusure???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I'm slow, checking links, calling mom about syringes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope that answers and solutions are found with this visit. Thanks for posting all the lovely pictures and it is good to see your daughter is able to smile in some of them. I hope she feels better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, Mom uses B.D.

    Glad Dr.Sutherland is trying to get to the bottom of things and that it is outpatient at this point.

    It's amazing how much the three of you (Casey, Punk, and you) do/suffer for eachother. Love like that is the BEST.

    Take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you guys made the trip safely and the doctors there are being thorough.
    Maybe you need to get yourself one of those rodent traps from dr trimmer...

    http://www.drpower.com/prdSell.aspx?Name=WorldsBestMouseTrap&p1Name=Catalog&Chap=PestControls&src=VW64826XE2913829

    I keep threatening to get one of those myself..hehe

    Hope you guys have a wonderful and productive and healing trip.

    Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Casey and all those tests. Hate the fasting ones. I have had the EGD done before. I remember the whole thing. I was hoping I wouldn't. But the drugs they gave me didn't do the trick. I was able to see on the monitor the whole thing.

    Oh, I am going to use my imagination on the mowsies. I believe they are the cousins 3 blind mice and well, we know how that story ended.
    It is the season for those rodents. I'm expecting the ones around here will be showing up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sorry Casey got to have all these tests but I guess they want to find out why she is feeling so sick ..

    I love the pics as usual

    I would be out of there if there were mowis in my house like that .. I hate them

    We have European earwigs and they only came on the scene about 3 years ago and I am ready to pack up and move but don't know where to go because everyone has them lol ..

    SOrry to hear your back is still giving you so much pain .. I wish they could give you BOTH something to make you all better ..

    You and Casey are in my thoughts and prayers as always .. Take care , Hugsss

    ReplyDelete
  10. First off....GOOD GRIEF!....That must be a HEAVY DUTY mousetrap! Funny though, how you were reaching for the toy that turned out to be the real thing! Hehehehe!
    I am most thankful for even owning a cat when they do the catching for me.

    Did Punk convert? Bad dog! The towel head look is NOT becoming even for a dog! I would miss seeing those expressive ears. Those ears are all part of the Punk appeal! LOL!

    I don't blame Casey for not wanting to go in for a hospital stay long term or short term. Hope the tests all get done without a hitch and you two can return home safe and sound and pain free.
    Anne I commend you for pushing on through your pain to be there for your daughter. We sometimes do what we have to, don't we.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why did they name that building after Phillip's Wang and Steen? Weird.


    congrats on the kill rate!

    Hope all Casey's tests go well. Travel safe!

    ReplyDelete

  12. Casey had a really rough day- She is asleep, and I will be napping shortly.

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  13. Take care - both of you. I hope Casey gets some answers soon and that you'll let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yep, you did it! Your dead mowisses gave me the heebie-jeebies! *shivers*

    Man, that is alot of tests for Casey to go through but if anyone can help her, Dr. Sutherland can! You can tell she doesn't feel good in the pics but she always smiles! She is such a trooper!

    Sending lots of love and hugs to the both of you!

    Slurkie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting post, enjoyed the photo's but was sorry to hear about the medical stuff, hope the test's and so forth will bring good news...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post Anne, I guess it gives you something to do while waiting for Casey to wake up and while
    waiting for tests results. I'm glad you have a bunch of prayer warriors praying for the both of you.
    I'll be happy to see you both on the way home!! Take care and be safe.
    Hugs & blessings...love you both...
    Bev xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dang..hope they get her feeling better soon. Drew is not looking forward to his little procedure he's having in Novemeber..as he hates stays at the hospital as well.

    I remember the mousies too at this time of year. I used to use the glue boards..and one night I caught a mouse late one night and decided it would till the morning to be taken out...come morning we found more than a mouse on the board...we found a SNAKE!!! I had to have a neighbor come over to remove the thing from the house...I was sitting on top of the washing machine..lol
    Hope ya'll have a short stay and the test figure out what is bothering Casey...and that it is something that has an easy fix. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

  18. More news, hopefully later today...
    Casey never went to sleep, said she never got tired after napping yesterday.
    She is still doing her homework!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi,thankful you have had a safe trip. Mel under going test and exploratory Surgery too. When all results are in for both of these Ladies, maybe we should compare notes. Dr. Lamount,was just up to see Dr. Sutherland not too long ago. I think they discuss our two darlns. Be safe and feel better, both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Although I am so sad and disappointed that I need to, I am praying hard for Casey once again. How is your back? Have I missed an update blog about that?
    "I have seen "Caution Horses" before, but without their label I can't identify them on my own :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. She is NOT a convert.
    But you are NOT politically correct either...

    ~

    ~

    HAHAHA!

    (That's my unchristian thought for the day)...

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete