[My] Life in Wisconsin

One Mo' Blog. Thank you to my Friends.


This bear, received as a gift from a like~minded woman;
I believe that these were Brandy's exact words last Saturday!
-hehehe-




Good Afternoon!

So much going on at once-

Last weekend was a gift from Heaven, weather wise. It was in the 60's and even a low 70. Very welcomed weather for November. As I type though it is 48° and it isn't to get much warmer any more.  Yes, I will be mowing my lawns today with earmuffs on.
Sad/True.


Some of these pics were taken last week, some this week.


Casey has shortened class periods on Tuesdays and Thursdays- She generally drives out before or after those.
Of course Mr. Sputnik comes outside with us now... There are no two ways of getting around that unless I want to come back inside to a cat that actually "hollers" at me. (Too funny he is)! 
The weather matters not to him...

...As long as he is getting someones undivided attention!
.
.

.
Cnv1770 
.
.
.
And what does Punk think of sharing her Casey's attention?
.
.
.
Cnv1771 
HAHAHA!  
Maybe she ate a rotten crab~apple while she grazed?!? 
.
.
.
She still loves the rubber Frisbee...
.
.
Cnv1764
Casey threw that one!  Way up high!
.
.
.
Later that day to have Miss Kelli leave work early so there was still a bit of daylight left at the end of her day.
They chose to walk the dogs to the woods...
.
.
.
.
Cnv1758
Krazy Koko had run ahead and was nowhere to be seen anymore...
.
.
.
Coco had gotten fixed 2 weeks earlier; and the vet had "grounded" her with her outings.
Having gotten her stitches out, that rule no longer applied!



Kelli had gone to a trade show and is showing off her new sweatshirt...


.
.
Cnv1763
 
I couldn't agree more!
.
.
Kelli got to go to her trade show. I got to go to WalMart. (Such is life). hehehe

I bought 2 of these bird-feeders. I set one up out the south side of the kitchen; and the other to the west. I can see them both with just a few steps around the kitchen.
I love watching the birds in the middle of the winter. (Ok, anytime). & it never fails to amaze me that the birds can even live when the temps get so far below zero.
.
.
.
Cnv1775
 

Notice the squirrel shields up there. 
They work well, so far, too. I haven't had to refill the feeders for over a week!

Perhaps the pillaging varmints have died...

...Seeing as I had to "feed" them too...

.
.
Varmint Eraser 
Mmmm!
It is out in the shed.
Punk and Sputnik are away from it.

.
.
Last weekend I literally begged for help.  Yes, there ARE some things that my back is not capable of.
As you may know, the damned drains were not fixed yet. And while it bothers me none where the tub and the sink drain, it might bother a potential buyer. (I received a phone call out of the blue last week from a man whose son might be interested in my place.
Nephew to Greg who already owns the 25 acres behind me).
So the silly stubborn drain had to be fixed.
.
.
Cnv1781

First to roll out the red carpet...  hehehe
.
Then to free the stinkin' & stubborn "tee" that was plugged up.

Cnv1779
.
.
John Pryes rolled up his sleeves and dug in. (Thank God for friends)!


.
Cnv1776 

While he was cussing up a storm in the crawlspace, Brandy, Casey, Sarah, and Ashley were busy elsewhere. My little dumpster was full to the brim yesterday!


John had to ask "The Boss" what to do next though...

.
.
.
Cnv1778 
Fair is fair- As appointed Supervisor for the day, Sput had to get dirty too!
Notice this foreman is wearing a necklace made of cobwebs!  eeeeeekee!
.
.
Finally getting the old pipe off, John, Casey, and Sarah, made a beeline for Pulaski to get a new one. (The old one being trash by the time it finally gave way).

So you ask, who ended up getting the dang thing off?
That would be Miss Brandy herself!
.
.
Cnv1780
You GO, Girl!
She might have been cussing my camera in this picture.
Of course she may have been explaining her work too.

Either way, the job was done!  The following day, Punk and I showered and it all went down to the septic, via the correct drain!
Say "YAY!"

.
.
Yesterday Sue and Glenn came to get another truckload of apples!
.
.
Cnv1799
I swear there'll be more too
~because I don't know where the heck all these came from to begin with!

But it is done for another year. Thank you Sue and Glenn!
.
.
.
.
.
.
Cnv1796
.
.
While Punk did calisthenics with her Frisbee, Glenn fired apples into his box.
.
.
.
  Cnv1797
     "The Suspended Apple!" hehehe
.
.
.
Cnv1800

Suzy Q brought my now empty dumpster back up the driveway!
Punk thought she was stealing it?!?  Goofy dog 

Time for me to get outside shortly and do the final mowing. After all, I have to get that done before I have to beg John and Brandy to come over again and get the snowplow on the little tractor.


Hope all is well in your little corner of the world.  My love to all.

XOXO
Me

PS
  Contrary to what some believe I do not sit around all day long. You should KNOW me better than that by now. As my back allows, I am sitting, standing, or laying down.  Does that afford me time to read? Yes, but only after my work is done thank you very much!
That one truly hurt.
..

10 comments:

  1. The pics are wonderful Annie. So very glad you got the drain fixed. YAY!!!
    I do so love seeing Punk being Punk. She is such a gift.
    The apples look so good.
    Hope the mowing went well.

    OXOX,
    Snotball

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love punk pics, now you got your cat sput crackin me up! fun blog, thanks Annie, xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure who had to be rude again, but forget about them. They are clearly jealous because they chose a different path in life. They wouldn't be so jealous if they spent one day in your shoes.

    Glad your friends stepped in once more to help. I would love to have such close friends.

    Take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was a lovely week.. and I always find getting plumbing fixed a good thing!

    So you might have a buyer? excellant.. Have you decided where you are wanting to move to? Its always good to know where you might end up..

    Sorry about the hurt.. I truly didnt mean it THAT way.


    Thank goodness for friends where would we be without them!


    Big hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Kelly's new shirt :)

    Glad you were able to get the drains fixed, one less thing to worry about is one more thing to be thankful for, right :)

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you and Punk are able to bathe again. What a mess plumbing problems are! YUK!

    Great bird feeders. It's time for me to put the suet feeders out for the birds. I just wish I could keep the squirrels out of them though.

    I can hardly imagine you selling the farm.

    I can understand wanting less to take care of though. As soon as I can get my house sold (I won't be putting it on the market for at least a year though) I have plans to build a very small house which won't require much upkeep, with enough land to have a decent veggy, flower, and herb garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is not so much a Y as an OMG!!!!

    glad you are getting all winterized over there....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LMAO'd at the picture of Punk making her rotten crab apple face... ROFL!

    I can totally understand you wanting to 'downsize' where you're living... But is this something that you REALLY want to do??

    YAY to your drains FINALLY being fixed! I know they have been giving you hell for awhile now...

    How did mowing go?? And will you come mow mine?? hehehe

    Lotsa love~n~hugs being sent your way!

    Slurkie ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sweet Mommy,

    I'm glad we were able to help you out a bit last weekend! Supervisor Sputnik looked like he was concentrating a lot in that picture! How cute! Glad that Sue and Glen were able to come out and collect those apples!

    Love you MUCH MUCH!
    ~CaseyAnne

    P.S. Sorry for such short comments, I'm in immense pain right now (my own fault as I tried to decrease the amount of pain meds I took today and that didn't go so well...) Glad to be seeing Dr. Sutherland next week as this is getting worse...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sorry CaseyAnne for all the pain you are having. I know how pain can make you feel..they had
    a "tell Mom how she's been lately" night last week and I was not proud. Guess I'm more cranky
    than I thought, and I yell more than I should, and I complain about the house which I shouldn't do
    if I can't do the work myself!!!! :) Made me feel bad, but they got their point across. It's much
    harder, trying to be good and thinking before speaking...haha

    Annie I love your blogs and I haven't done mine yet!!! Maybe I could hire you to do it for me??:)
    G'Nite sweet people....you make my life so much better. Give Punk and Sputnik hugs for Canada.
    These are fluffier and warmer than the ones over there....lol

    ReplyDelete