[My] Life in Wisconsin

Bliss on a Pillow



Good Morning All;
Before we left for Casey's last two surgeries, I had parked Casey's car in the garage here.

When we got back, I had changed the cars around- Mine inside, hers outside.
Yes, they would both fit if my garage wasn't so darn full of 'stuff'. But such is obviously not the case, so out hers went.

Having my own car in the garage makes it much easier for me to get in/out of the car, not having to deal with the snow and the ice under my feet; and not having to clean it off either.

On Saturday I had to go into town.  And dangitall, if my garage door hadn't frozen solid to the apron. I tried the long ice scraper...
No luck, so I tried it on the outside of the garage door too. When that didn't work, I was quite upset and kicked the garage door.
(Unfortunately I kicked that door with the same foot that has an ingrown toenail). 
Then to add a little more insult to injury I saw the dent I left in the door.
Oops...

But alas!,    I still have Casey's car here, so I cleaned that off, came back in the house for her keys, (it fired right up), and off we
(me and The Punk) went!

I stopped to fill her car up with gas, and drove on into town. Wanting to call before I got there, I realized I had left my cell phone at home. Oh well.

We returned home about 11:30, and I was very tired too. Looking forward to being able to sleep, I grabbed my purse and got out of the car.
After digging in my bottomless purse for about 5 minutes,  I realized I had no key to get in the house.  I must have set my own keys down when I had returned to the house to grab Casey's keys...
So to get back in that little car and drive right back into town- this time to Casey's.  (No phone to wake her or to warn her I was coming either). 

I could have gone to Kelli and Tim's, but Kelli had just put in an awful week- A friend of hers had lost her husband in a freak snowmobile accident. His funeral had been Friday- so Saturday had been Kelli's day of rest.
I was n
ot about to go pound on their door at 11:30 at night.

Thankfully Casey was still up- although having her buzzer go off at midnight was a bit unsettling for her...
We had a nice visit too. And I was given her key, with a bit of a giggle.
Suffice to say that Saturday/Sunday sleep was bliss on a pillow!

Life goes on. 
I'd better close. I have a dent to go hammer out, and must find my rubber hammer first.
Later, I shall go soak my foot, then add a dab of Novocaine to that toe and fix that too.

Hope all is well with everyone- or at least better than here! hehehe

XOXO
Me

14 comments:

  1. I hate it when stuff like that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I hate days like this. Thankfully they don't happen daily.

    I had a drunk neighbor pound on my door at about 11:30pm one night. It was nothing of any importance, and to make things worse, she brought her dog off leash...I get off subject, I remember how the doorbell made me jump 5 ft into the air because I would of never expected it to ring then.

    I would of giggled when handing off that key too. Aren't daughters so loving, willing to laugh with you through all the pain :D

    Take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Do you know how good it feels to laugh at someone else when they do the same things I have done in the past?!? Hehehehehe! I guess we are all just human to a fault. And its better to laugh than to cry. Right?

    Thanks for the mental picture of you kicking that door. Now I have something to get me through another day. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just hate those kind of days? When it rains it pours, but then you know tomorrow might be better. I hear more people have problems with their garage door. My Mom won't even close hers.
    Hope things are more peaceful.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds me... I need to go get those keychain fobs that float and put them on my keys to the car and truck. Our parking pad in front of this place just barely lets us park next to one another. On my side is a culvert covered with a cast iron grate. I stand on it to get into my car. I just know one day my keys are going to go in the water...lol
    Good thing Casey has a spare key for your place. Would have been really nice if there had been a spare house key on the key chain you had and you wouldn't have had to go all the back into town late at night.
    I am good at leaving the cell phone at the house (or in the car when I get back from the store..) when I go off. Drew will go to call me while I'm at the store and the phone rings here...lol
    Hope your day is going better and you didn't do too much damage to the door..lol
    Be careful with that hammer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHAHHAHAAA! My mum used to say, 'It never rains, it pours!' on days like that where everything seems to go awry! At least you were able to get a key to let yourself in. I remember me and his lordship locking ourselves out and having to go to a neighbour, not so much for a phone, but for a phone book to look up a 'break into my house' person's number!!!!! Embarrassing isn't it? Sigh!

    Hope your toe makes a perfect recovery. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sweet Mommy!!!

    Hee hee hee, I'm still laughing at the top picture!! That's a sure-fire way to prevent problems with the brake and gas pedals: don't put them on the vehicle in the first place! Ha ha ha...

    So sorry that I can't drive right now... I could have helped you with the frozen garage door issue. Although I can't lift/push/pull more than 10lbs., I'm still sure that I could've helped in some way or another...

    You must be Super Woman and you don't know your own strength! Maybe putting that dent in the door showed it who's boss! MIGHTY MOM!!! (Sorry about the ingrown toenail though, that had to hurt badly... It seems like that always happens when a foot is hurting that's the one people use to kick with! I know I've done it before, many times, and swore at myself after...)

    I sure was surprised by the door buzzer going off at almost midnight! Greg was at game, along with the majority of my friends who would visit me, so I had no idea who it was. The intercom system is broken in our unit, and from the balcony doors, you can't see the front door so there's no way of knowing who is at the door... I chanced it and pushed the unlock button anyway... Sure am glad it was you and not some burglar! However, I don't thing burglars ring the door buzzer systems, but one never knows...

    I was even more surprised to see that it was you coming up the stairs!! It did seem pretty late for you to be up and about, but the missing key explained that one... I felt bad that you had gotten home and then had to drive all the way back into town, but I was super delighted by your visit!! It made my night!

    I'm glad you were able to rest this past weekend. After all we've gone through so far this month, you sure needed it... I know you've been dealt another nasty migraine today, and I hope it's better. It must be the pressure of the weather system because I had one try to start up with me today. I took Alieve and it quieted down, but it still feels like it's lingering in the wings somewhere just waiting to strike again... I hope it doesn't...

    Love you MUCH MUCH!
    ~Casey

    ReplyDelete
  8. They say things come in 3's.. I guess you got all three in one fell swoop.. hehe

    Glad it is all better now.

    big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anni and Casey....nice to see you both here. I'm glad you are home from the hospital and
    having your ups and downs again, just like the rest of us!!! LOL I had an ingrown toe nail and
    I must of hit it ten times before it got better and I swear it lifted my whole scalp right up. Ohhhh
    the pain was horrid, so I have lots and lots of sympathy for you Anne... :(

    Wishing you lots of peace and calm for awhile. Hope your migraines stay away and your toe gets
    better. How is your back?? Hugs and blessings from Canada....lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. That just sounds like a BAD case of not being able to win for losing... But at least you got to spend some time with CaseyFace! :D

    Take care of yourself!

    Love Ya!

    Slurkie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, quit laughing at me.
    (Even though that's exactly what I did). hehehe

    Will reply to your comments when I get back from bringing Casey to her doctor appointment.

    Love to all.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. *hugs*... I was laughing WITH you.

    Today I can barely move.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel bad that life had you in such a battle, and I felt your pain, so it's probably not right to also tell you that you made me laugh. I have a leak in my garage roof so when it's cold and it rains, or sleets, the water leaks in on the garage door track and it freezes and the door won't go up. In desperation I figured out how to force it up because the garage door is the only door leading into my detached garage. You know us women, we can fix anything by either kicking it, spitting on it, or duct tapping it!

    Now, I'm going to ask a really dumb question... why don't you have a spare key hidden outside somewhere?

    ReplyDelete