[My] Life in Wisconsin

Chocolate?

So cute!


Good Morning All;
It has been a busy few days- Sorry for not posting more, but hard to manage my time these days.

I have a few pictures of course. And just a few words to describe our days...

Before Casey can eat, they have to make sure she has bowel sounds- (even though she is left with only a puny little bowel).
.
.
.

Listening for Tummy Sounds 
Nurse Kim listens...
To hear only faint little noises.

(But even with the faintest of sound, they increased her diet anyway).

I went up to the hospital late Tuesday evening- She was coloring-
.
.
Casey, coloring 
Almost impossible for her to read given the fact that the IV dilauded messes Coloring is much easier.

We opted to go for a walk...
She stopped at the 6th floor sign...
.
.
.
Casey, 6D (Delta)
Unit 6D. (They say "Delta", we say "DeGrave"). hehehe
.
.
Wednesday was her rough day.

But yesterday was not bad at all.

Just as I got up there yesterday morning, she had gotten her central line out. They now give her the dilauded by mouth since she has been managing well enough with putting a bit of food in her face.
.
.
.
Central Line OUT! 
Line OUT!  (Say YAY)!
.
.
.
.
.
End of Central Line.

Casey has been running a low grade fever on and off for 2+ days now.

Unsure of what might be causing this, the nurse decided to cut the end of the line and send it down to be checked out. Maybe there is an infection coming from that?
We have not yet gotten those results...

The nurse asked Casey if she wanted her central line for a souvenir?
.
.


Casey, Happy! 
 But of course she did!  (No one but Casey)!  hehehe
.
.
We took another walk...
.
.

.
Join The Transplant Team 
Please CLICK HERE. (Unit 6D Transplant Team).
.
.
With her central line out, she is now able to go up to a full diet!

Nausea or not, if this was yourself, and if you hadn't eaten anything of substance for a week, what would YOU want?
.
.
.
Full Diet, Chocolate Cake 
How does Chocolate Layered Cake sound?!? 
hehehe
No, she didn't finish it, but she did LOVE what she nibbled on!

I went back up last night again.
.
.
Punk Waits to See KC 
Punk hates her harness, but it is a necessity if she is to visit Casey!
.
.
.
.
Do you want to know a secret? 
There was love all around!
.
.
Casey had gotten dressed and we took Punk for a walk outside.
Kind of slick out there... It has been snowing on and off for over 2 days now.
.
.
.
Punk and Casey, Reunited 
As long as these 2 were together, they were both quite happy.

And so was I
.
.
.
Just We Three 
.
.
.
I'd better close and get moving already.
Later start, even though I have been awake since 3. (All of 3 and a half hours of sleep).
My back is godawful.

Hope all is well with all of you!
Have a "wunnaful" weekend!

Love to all

XOXO
Me

.

17 comments:

  1.    
    Please double-check that your licenses are signed.
    And support The Transplant Center if you can.
    They do have some cute stuff!
    From that page:
    "Patient Care Unit 6D / Solid Organ Transplant and the QI/Management Council offer these items as a way for you to show your support for organ transplant at Fairview. Be a proud member of the Fairview Organ Transplant Team and show support for a transplant patient you care about or just a gift for yourself. Proceeds from the sale of these items support our efforts to promote holistic care on our transplant unit. 6D and the QI/Managment Council thank you for your support. "


    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh Anne. Talk about an emotional roller coaster! I was laughing at the look of absolute bliss on Casey's face as she tucked into that chocolate cake and then came the photo of Punk and Casey and the one of all three of you bringing tears to my eyes. It's lovely to see her up and about and LOOKING SO WELL! Fabulous.

    Remember to look after yourself......

    Love and hugs to you all, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Punkie would don a leather tutu and stillettos if it meant she could visit her girl....

    So glad to hear that things are going well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Love you!


    That cake looked good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and for the record......

    NAUGHTY CASEY~! Cow tipping is very very hard on cow stomachs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YA, you got a picture with Casey, *claps loudly*
    She looks great and sounds like things are going well. I bet dressing her own clothes is just as nice as eating food.

    and no, Chocolate nothing would be my first week after not eating, icky, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Casey IS looking much better. And....from those sad sad eyes on Punk in that first picture to that happy face in the last two....Punk is looking much better too! Punk has so much expression. Her eyes says it all for what she is thinking.

    Anne, have you posted Caseys hospital address on here and I missed it? I want to send her a get well card. Let me know what it is. Pleeeeeease?????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Casey looks wonderful for all that she has been through , an amazing young lady .. God that chocolate cake looked delicious .. I got my license renewed in November and Organ donor is ON there .. I have no need of parts when I am gone so why not help out someone else or many more .. I know some people are not donors and that is there choice but I think its something everyone should seriously think about ..Think of all the lives you could save with just your body ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad she is doing well and healing. Wonderful shots of all of you guys. Punk looks so happy to be able to visit.

    Be sure to take care of yourself as well.

    Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is sooo cool that Punk can go and see Casey. Not sure that Baylor is so Forward thinking, at least I have never seen any Animal Buddies there. Casey is inspiration, makes you want to beat yourself when you gripe about a headache....lol...Mel is getting a little stronger every day but not as much as we would like to see. Stay warm, and still would like a last name so that we can send cards to you ladies...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chocolate makes everything seem better! The sparkle in Casey's eyes as she ate her cake proves that!

    I love that the hospital lets you bring Punk to see her!

    I can't believe how fantastic Casey looks. But, just looking at the picture of her in the chair *-* bending in the middle *-* to hug Punk, made me wince in pain. She's unstoppable! Casey - even after abdominal surgery you're in better shape than I am!

    Any news on when they'll be discharging her?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh it does my heart so much good to see Casey looking SO well and being up and smiling!

    Punkie looks so sad in the first picture and then you can see the smile on her face in the next one... She was worried about her lil one too (wouldn't you love to know what goes on in an animals head when their humans are 'away' like that?)

    I'm thinking the first thing I would ask for, if I hadn't eaten anything of substance for a week, would be a steak or a burger... LOL

    Hoping that your back calms down a bit for you...

    Take care of yourself!

    Love to all,

    Slurkie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What is better in a day than chocolate, a good mom, and a dog. Casey has it made.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to go to 6 A we all have Organ Donor on our Licences Anna, well, not me I handed mine in but it's on my VET Card.
    Punk needs to have a Hospital Admission Bracelet on hahaha ( Next time maybe ) it's good to see that Casey is not taking off outta the Hospital

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bet that cake tasted like heaven to Casey! mmmmmmYUMMY!
    I had an IV of Dilauded when I was in the hospital last year, I can't take it......I got awful headaches from it and it made me sick (puke)

    Go get a massage for your back, it really helps!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm happy things are progressing so well. Casey and Miss Punk look so happy together and the pic of all of you is Darling. SO nice to have compassionate care. HUGS to all three os you beautiful Ladies. (Greg too).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Casey looks fantastic .. and of course choclate!!! what else!!

    Glad Punk got to visit her too!

    ReplyDelete