[My] Life in Wisconsin

PS: I Have a Double-Basin Sink!


These drips are the good ones!


Good Morning Everyone!
Just doing a bit more catching up...

1.   When Casey was brought in for her latest two surgeries, she didn't get the same pre~op staff she'd had for the last two.
So she had to make her mark all over again while we waited for her to be taken down to the OR.

CaseyFace
She only LOOKS innocent.
.

Silly Casey
She had to fill out her patient board.
And had a very good time doing so! hehehe
.
.

Nurse Tim, New Jewelry for Casey
Nurse Tim even gave her jewelry!
.
.
.
2.   I am happy that some of you (13 out of 27), were willing to share what you drive. 
How would you feel if you drove a Toyota right now?

3.   As a sidenote, I believe I am a dying breed. Those of us raised by parents who were proud veterans, who remembered Pearl Harbor- Who would not allow "Jap~Crap" in their driveways if they were paid to do so. (No offense meant- re: the reference above).
I have always driven American made cars. This is a carryover from my parents and the pride they had in their country. This is how I was raised.

4.  We have had some 'wunnaful' weather lately.
Punk and I have spent a great deal of time outside.
I get real Vitamin D, and she gets pooped out. hehehe


Check the temp!
.
.
.
Cnv0086
No outerwear required!
Nice!
.
.
And here, just to show you that the sun was not on the thermometer...

.
Cnv0087
And hadn't been for quite some time!

Spring is just around the corner! Say YAY!
.
.
.


Cnv0077
There is still much snow everywhere.
It doesn't even slow this puppy down...
.
.
.
Cnv0085 ..... Cnv0094
She laid down in the snow after chasing her shadow in the mud.

***  I always pick up an cheap extra blanket when I go to Goodwill.
When I get them home, and after laundering in bleach, I cut them in half and stitch the raw seams. 
These work wonders to clean the muddy dog when she comes back inside.
.
.
.
5.   Somebody killed a sparrow and left the evidence behind...
.
.
.

Cnv0090

.
I think I know who it was...
.
.

Cnv0089
hehehe



I cannot tell a lie... It really wasn't Sputnik-
But I do have an abominable lack of birds! Not sure why? 
My cardinals are here, still both of my feeders have been full for over a week!

This really concerns me too. 
I miss my chickadees very much. We "talk" to each other.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen my squirrels either.
(Though Punk sees the dang 'wabbits' all the time, and takes off like a shot).

6. 
That nice weather has now disappeared behind the clouds. We have had snow for 2 days now.

The Punk lost her toy this morning..

.


Lost Toy.  :-(
Somewhere...
.
.
I really can't complain about the snow. It has been a decent amount this year. Not like where my Aunt Marlene lives in Philadelphia- (I think I heard they will be getting even MORE in the next day or so)!


.
7. 
Garbage and Recycle Day today- 
My dumpsters were both frozen to the ground!


.
.

Dumpsters

I did manage to free them and get them down to the end of the driveway.
No I didn't kick them either. hehehe

I wasn't able to take the garbage down last week, so it was kind of full.
The recycle one hadn't been emptied for over a month! Oops.
We had left before it got emptied that one week, so it was full even though we were gone all that time.

A big thank you to my Dearest KelliBaby too! 
She did take the trash one out-
Know that our recycling bins only get picked up every other week. It was an 'off'~week when she'd brought it down.

.
.
8.  The road out front this morning was almost invisible...
.
.
.


My road?

.
.
.
9.  But the snow does not stop the buses from being on time.
.
.
.

Bus Stop
If you look closely you can see the warning red lights on that bus.
.
.
.

10. Punk was so excited that even made her very own snow angel.
.
.
Ready to Roll
Kinda? Sorta? !
Sorry- I wasn't fast enough to get her while she was upside down and rolling.


Hope you all have a "wunnaful" Wednesday!
I still have my running around to do. Maybe after I hear a snowplow...

Love to all

XOXO
Me

10 comments:

  1. Here you go!

    XOXO
    Me

    1.

    2.

    3.

    4.

    5.

    6.

    7.

    8.

    9.

    10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I'm glad Casey can keep such a positive outlook after all she has been through.
    2. It would depend on which model and year. I would definitely make sure it was checked out thoroughly if it were newer.
    3. My Subaru was built in Indiana. I realize the profits go back to Japan, but building it DID put Americans to work.
    4. Punk looks like such a happy little Lady. The blanket idea is wonderful. Thank you.
    5. As you can tell from my albums, I adore my birds. Don't see many squirrels or raggits around between the cats and the dogs. Had a possum under the shed and had two dogs wrestling with it. FUNNY!! It played "possum" after I got them called off, LOL.
    6. I hope Miss Punk finds her toy before the next melt. Thank Goodness, we haven't had as much snow as some people have had.
    7. Good for you getting the trash out. Recycling would be such a wonderful thing for me but as there are no bins within 30 miles...
    8. So lovely though, isn't it? (As long as you don't have to be out in it.)
    9. With all our hills, a good snow usually closes school.
    10. Punk is already an Angel, she just happened to leave her mark in the snow.

    As usual, your photos put a smile on my face. Thank you so much for sharing a small corner of your world.

    OXOX,
    Snotball

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are getting more snow too, and even though we had some melting this past weekend, I'm not feeling the spring thing like I should be :(

    If Mimi was there, I would tell you that the sparrow must of met up with her :(

    At least Casey can find humor in stressful times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well.. I basically drive what I can afford. I think the best made vehicle on the road is Subaru.. and honestly I couldnt tell you where they are made.

    Toyota.. has plants right here in the USA and many of the vehicles are made in the USA.. so now my question is.. Is it a foreign car then? Yes, this recall on Toyota's has brought to light many questions and concerns.. I was not aware that some cars both foreign made and American made do not have brake overrides... I was surprised at this.. Who knew?

    Yep Spring is on the way.. Im looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna for someone who remembers Pearl Harbor you look fantastic ;). You have the same type of bins as we do here, we have 1 for Recycling, 1 for Rubbish ( Food Scrapes ect ) and 1 for Garden waste.
    Oh yes we all went down to Adelaide one day and there was a sparrow caught caught up in the grill on a car it's lil head sticking out of the grill and there was this other sparrow a stranger I guess just hovering near it like a Hummingbird (Strange hey )

    ReplyDelete
  6. pppppppppppffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttttt...........

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still want some snow but it doesn't look like we'll be gettin' any this year...

    We had been giving thoughts to buying a Toyota, before the sh!t hit the fan, only because when we moved out here, we had rented a nice Toyota car (Solarus I think). It was roomy and comfortable. But after all the problems that have popped up we have put those thoughts to rest...

    Are there stray cats running around? When there is an abundance of stray cats around here we see less birds...

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1) Love the second pic of Casey

    2) Its always nice to share .. I would be nervous but things can go wrong with any type of vehicle

    3) I drive what I can afford .. wishes I had barrels of money lol

    4) Spring is near and I won't be sorry when it arrives ..

    5) Someone is killing the birds .. You will have to set up survaillance

    6) We have had a weird winter , we usually get lots of snow but this year we have been getting alot of glitter ..

    7) I often forget about garbage day lol but good thing its only me and my box holds 2 weeks worth .. Glad you didn't have to kick them to loosen them up

    8) I can see the road , barely

    9) It would have to be pretty bad weather to stop the buses

    10) Punk loves playing in the snow it seems .. lovely pic

    Hope you had a wonderful day also Anne .. Take care

    ReplyDelete

  9. 1. I

    2. will

    3. reply

    4. to

    5. these

    6. later.

    7. Need

    8. soda

    9. and

    10. cigs.


    hehehe
    Be back soon...

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had a Blue Heeler that ate bumble bees. We wondered why none of of flowering plants bore fruit. Finally figured it out and told my Husband Mark to dress up like a Bumble Bee, take a q-tip and pollinate all the flowers. Never could talk him into it. Do you know the heck I would have to pay if my Dad knew I was driving a German made car....lol...even though parts of it are made here.

    ReplyDelete