[My] Life in Wisconsin

"To Be Loved, and to Be Wanted"


"I realize now that 30 years ago my presence was the reason for much heartbreak and sorrow.

I have been apologized to, cried over, and agonized over; where there should be no apologies, tears or pain.
I have found that open door, and have been embraced by the open arms behind it. I have come to learn that life goes on; and that indeed, life is good.
There are no promises, no guaranteed answers in an adoption, yet there will always be the inevitable questions."

"This is not something you do simply because you want to- it is something you do because you have to."

"I am 'more'-
And "of the 'more' who have found love and acceptance beyond their wildest dreams.
And it is the realization of one simple and shared dream.
It is a dream of completion."

"My dream has come full circle!
I have found that it is -as it was all those years ago in my childhood; it is enough just to be loved and to be wanted."

©1988 aly


Good Morning All;
Master Gabriel's adoption was finalized yesterday. Where I thought I would have a very hard time, I found I did not. It was an afternoon of prayers answered for our little man. I believe through my own prayers I became more than calmed-
A certain calm I didn't realize I possessed inside.
I spent a while online this morning searching for a unique tidbit to describe adoption. I found none dear enough-  and have settled for the words above, written by me - part of my story for Catholic Social Services, some two decades ago.



Congratulations Kristin and Steve, and oh so precious family.
.
.

Cnv0153
"It's a Boy!"   .....-4 not pictured-  March 2, 2010
.....
My dream for all of you is such a simple one, just all the very best of everything.
You are more special to me than my words can describe.


My love always.

XOXO
Grandma Anne


12 comments:

  1. He is so very lucky to have a grandma like you

    ReplyDelete
  2. biology does not a parent like. It is in the heart of the "real" parent. Thank goodness they are out there

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone involved is truly blessed by the love of God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the adoption.. Gabriel looks so so happy and he is a blessed little boy .. He has his new adoption family and he has your family also Anne , a lucky boy .. I am glad that you felt peace and happiness instead of sadness .. He is with a good family who will never shut you out .You will always be his grandma and Casey will alwayw be his aunt ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always figured that being adopted meant you were specially loved. Your parents did not "get " you by luck of the draw....they went and speciafically picked you out above all others. That is a special kind of love and I am so VERY glad that Gabe has parents who love him and will give him the childhood that he so very much deserves.

    He is such a happy little man. Look at that pose, he knows he is loved and he loves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THIS.

    She put her finger right on the heart of it. and made me cry.

    Those of us "chosen children" live this. Every day. We are blessed to have been chosen and more so we KNOW it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gabe will be a Happy little boy and will grow into a Happy Young man. Love is the important thing. We don't always get that from our own bloodline. And that's ok. Because God gave the capability to Love to everybody. Unfortunately, not all know how to express it. But those who see it as being the most important thing, are the ones who are truly Blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy for all of you. I was adopted and I know how wonderful it is when good people
    open their doors and their hearts to children. May God bless you all and keep you in HIS care.
    Love, hugs and blessings,
    Bev xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy for all of you. I was adopted and I know how wonderful it is when good people
    open their doors and their hearts to children. May God bless you all and keep you in HIS care.
    Love, hugs and blessings,
    Bev xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. It does my heart good to see Gabriel so happy. Such a sweetie... He has more than deserved to have a mother and father who loves and cares for him as much as they do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulaions on your new "family" being made official. So glad the legalities are over for you.

    OXOX,
    Snotball

    ReplyDelete