[My] Life in Wisconsin

Fat Cats and Bitty Baby Bulges


I had to be in Green Bay the other day and snapped this photo as I crossed Hwy 172
While I am not in construction, I found it creepy to see them assembling a 4~lane highway bridge with WOOD!
The only conclusion I came to was that this was the support for the concrete?
I sure as heck HOPE so! 
.
.


Good Morning All;
For me, there is good news?!?  ~and worse news...
I have learned that I do not have 3 fractures in my back. 
I have 5.
That sorta sucks.

Here's a heads-up for you...Some nasty news about the Fosamax I have been taking... Will have to find a link for you later, but heard that in the short term it helps- But in the long term it seems to be responsible for creating more brittle fractures.

Casey and Greg were out this past weekend. While she was here, I asked for her to bring a pitcher of water outside since we have had no precipitation lately.
I needed to water my chives... It's been a long winter, and I am sure they were thirsty.

Two days later, I took this picture...

.
.
.

Cnv0183
Mmmmmm.....  
  We will be having yummy potatoes within the next week or so.
.
.
.
Casey brings her little snacks along with her since I rarely have anything too yummy in the house-
This time it was peanuts, and there were no two ways around the sharing aspect of it all.
.
.

.
Cnv0187 
One for Punk, and two for Casey; one for Sput and two for Casey...
.
.
.

Punk is always peeking around for snacks...

.
.
.
Cnv0188
Whatcha got there????   hehehe
.
.
Our 'dry spell' has ended since we watered those chives- They are predicting rain through the weekend. (Sam and Katie sure know when to go on vacation; they are in Bermuda if I remember correctly).  At any rate they are missing the rains...

It has been warmish- daytime temps into the 50's- But when it is so damp, it's chilly still.

Last night, upon realizing that my toidy wasn't filling up at its normal rate, I checked the water.
Sure enough- It was down. AGAIN! what the hey?

I walked out to the pumphouse around 11:30 or so, through this darkness.

And this pea soup...

.

.
Cnv0191 
Fog. Up close and personal...
Am hoping it really IS the fuse this time...

Casey had an appointment this morning, and said she will also bring a few new fuses for it, just in case.
The chicken warmer light was still burning in the pit, so it isn't froze. Besides, it has been much too warm for that silly noise. Methinks my water pit is possessed.
.. hehehe
.
.
Speaking of possessed, there have been a few comments on whether or not Sputty is fat
He is, and I now have proof!

Many of you remember Amos, (my Moose~da~Kitty)?

Here is Amos in his heyday...


.
.
.
Amos kitler182 
21 pounds of pure arrogance and "cattitude"
.
.
And here is Mr Sputnik.


.
.
Cnv0190 

**** I can plainly see the resemblance, don't you?!?

.
.
Casey had a doctor appointment on Tuesday. Punk couldn't wait to go!

.
.
Cnv0184
She has to wait for me to take that picture! hehehe
.
.
CaseyAnne has been feeling awful- And for the past few days had nasty pain when she had gone to bed.
She has what appears to be a hernia, by her scar. But it has nothing protruding through it. Just an itty bitty bulge. About the size of the top third of a softball...
Soft too. Nothing hard to the touch.
Even the doctor found this odd. We will keep an eye on it and see what happens.
The good news is that her white blood cells have finally returned to normal-
(And that's a big "yay")!

But, she is also quite anemic, and he gave her a script, iron, for that.
If I was rich I would feed her $teak every day. Too bad for her that pills are cheaper.

Come to think on it, it's too bad for me too.
.
.
.
Cnv0185
Dr Szabo and his little pancreapneumogastro Casey! hehehe
.
.
Casey has just gotten here- Time to head out to the old milkhouse and play with water and electricity.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Love to all

XOXO
Me

16 comments:

  1. I couldn't get a decent angle. Sorry. It looks worse than this

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's too bad about the fractures for you and the pain and bulge for Casey. when is this going to end? sigh............ {{hugs}} you both need healing and for this nonsense to stop and be well and nothing else going wrong but a darn cold or two! I will keep the two of you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Suzy!
    Casey's bulge is not a big bulge- just a baby one, and she really hadn't even noticed it. (The doctor noticed it right off the bat though). And it is where her pain is too.
    Just so weird. But that's Casey. hehehe

    As for my "st00pid" back, you are right. It IS nonsense. I am more than tired of the restrictions that the pain causes for me. (That pain got real old, real fast).
    But I do not think I want a cold. (I'd probably sneeze and fracture my foot or something).

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. well yeah, no doubt about that....but, I meant to say.....I wish that was ALL you HAD to deal with instead of all this other nonsense. know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Annie,

    The wood is for safety rails and walkways over the rebar that will be imbedded in the concrete. (Had to ask the husband to make sure I was right. He worked bridge construction for a while.)

    Fractures are never a good thing, whether 3 or 5. My heart goes out to you.

    Will you at least let me smell your yummy potatoes?? They sound so good. LOL.

    Punk eating peanuts doesn't surprise me in the least but Sputty??!! THAT is surprising. My Stattie-cat ate potatoe and corn chips but not peanuts. Punk lurking or not is always a welcome sight. She is so beautiful. Master Sputty is one of the most handsome felines I've seen. My late Sister had a cat named Katana that could have been Sputty's twin. I think Amos is so cute!!! WHAT a face!! You really shouldn't tease Miss Punk about going and then stopping for a photo-op. But she DOES take it rather well, doesn't she?? LOL.

    Curiouser and curiouser about the pain and the buldge. Poor, dear Casey surely deserves a break. You and she have been through so much, a little respite would be nice. The white blood count being normal is SUCH good news.

    I hope you are planning on keeping the water and electricity seperate. It would be rather shocking otherwise, LOLOLOL.

    OXOX,
    your Snotball.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heard about that Fosamax. My neighbor Jo is on the same stuff. Her bone levels went from being porous to almost solid again by taking that stuff. Hard to believe it is being responsible for breaks now. I just know she will NOT stop taking hers unless she just cannot get the Rx filled again.

    Don't know what to think about Casey's bulge. Maybe she has been lifting Sputty way too much. Proof he ain't no light kitty!

    Oh...on the last photo....I seeeeeee YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I crawled down in the water pit today, and didn't break a darn thing!
    But I did change the 2 fuses.

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete


  8. Sweet Snotball,
    Why is that wood is across both lanes (and shoulders) then? The entire roadway!
    YIKES!!!!

    Punk will eat almost anything. And even though I know she should not have it, she loves to lick a garlic spoon! She loves that oil.
    As for the cat- They love the salt. Casey had honey roasted peanuts, and he loved that too!

    I just spent a long time looking for Amos stuff on here. It never transferred from Yahell. There's a whole summer gone missing!!! 2006
    Now I will have to do that by hand, dial up. UGH!
    This morning I knew that the best pic I had (the one in the blog) was on the Kitler site. So I stole that back! hehehe

    Punk was ready to jump right back out of the truck wen I took that picture. For some reason she hates it when I go out of sight; (but doesn't give me the same respect when SHE takes off chasing bunnies in the fog)!

    Lumpy went home about 3:30. Nice to see her though- and happy she went out to the milkhouse with me too. (I didn't want to get down in the pit and not be able to come up for any reason). alone.

    She is still healing- It all takes time to do it right...
    I screwed up my gallbladder scar when I had mine out in 1984- I'd prdered bunk beds for the girls, then proceeded to do painting and go bowling etc etc etc before I should have.
    But oh well. Live and learn.

    Lumpy goes back in 3 weeks to have her rbc checked to make sure the iron is working its magic.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am happy you heard it too Sweet PeachieBaby!
    Another one of those things that Google didn't want to verify for me...
    Like that DJ Flom from yesterday- I still can't find the link to that story...
    Grrr...

    I have run out of the Fosamax anyway- I have to go back in for a few checks so will talk to my own doctor then.
    Last appointment in December he had mentioned about something (an IV) that I could get once a year. But I had to get through Casey's surgeries first. No more excuses now. hehehe

    You saw me!!! hehehe I couldn't believe I showed up in that picture- I had to laugh at myself.
    (At least we were all smiling)!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  10. Only one fuse was bad, but I might as well make them match.
    (The way my luck goes I would change the bad one and 3 days from now the other one would go bad).
    hehehe

    Time for me to hit the shower now. Was deprived of such this morning...
    I ran a lot of cold water to clear the pipes from the no pressure rust in them. (Always happens when the water is off for any reason).

    Til later!

    XOXO
    Stinky Me


    ReplyDelete
  11. peek a boo, I see you....just like the camerman to not mention being in the photo.

    Hernia, so could that mean more surgery?

    Hope you get the Fosamax out quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ARRGH! CASEY STOP OVERDOING IT!

    Sputty, again, fluffy not fat...she is gonna bite you.

    Punkie is kilroy rein-tarnated.

    XOXOXOOX
    Love
    Pea

    PS stop taking pills that make you worse. Just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish you two would have NO More problems with pain :( .. I hope you both start feeling better soon .. I love the pics of sputnik and punk .. I see you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The wood is for trusses to hold concrete pathways ect I would not be concerned it's all about how to make a good quality product and the wood beams are all taken away at a later date

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tel Casey she could be eating Liver....yuk !!!!!!!!!!...

    ReplyDelete