[My] Life in Wisconsin

Worse eyeballs. Worser Fish.


.
.
Good Morning Everyone;
You'll be proud of me. (I think). After 20+ years of me dealing with this st00pid' ingrown toenail of mine, I have finally called in and made an appointment. My big toe is currently red, and way sore, (and the lido/nova/whatever~"caine" is getting low).
Maybe he will chop my toe off. That, so I don't have to go to bed and feel it, and wake up feeling it too. (To heck with counting sheep, I count heartbeats in my toe)! hehehe
Oh well.
I finally had an appointment to get my eyes checked too. Still "blind in one eye and can't see out of the other."  (I waited 6 months for that appointment). Will order new glasses when I can. In the meanwhile these will do fine. I will pick up some contacts too. They work nice with a pair of aviator sunglasses when I am outside and sweating a bit.

And since the weather has been nice, that perspiration is much easier to create. I do a bit of raking every day- and truly enjoy being outside on these days! 
This morning, the weatherman said there are 4 days left of Winter. He was quick to add that there are also 4 days left of our nicer weather; adding even more that we may even get more snow on Saturday.
That's OK now though- Any that falls nowadays goes away fast enough.

The ice doesn't always melt so fast...
.
.
.
Cnv0207 
The pond at Kelli and Tim's- Still frozen over (not for long)...
.
.
.
They have such a gorgeous yard...
.
.
Cnv0204 
.
.
Casey and I went down to check on the horses- Miss Breeze having a bit of a problem with her eye- Kelli was quite concerned after seeing Breezie's eye almost swollen shut that morning, had called from work.

Miss Breeze had been eating hay- quickly washing it down when I came around the corner.
.
.
.
Cnv0199
Miss May thought maybe she recognized me?
.
.
Lord knows she sure recognized Casey!
.
.
.
Cnv0202 
And even gave her a smooch!
.
.
.
For the record, Breezie's eye was looking real good!
.
.
Cnv0203 
As she was herself!
Breezie is 26, and still kicks up her heels!
 

Kelli and Tim will be building a new home in a few weeks-
She has been very busy removing what they will keep, boxing everything up and moving that all to their temporary home.

.
.
Cnv0198.
They will stay in the camper in-between their current home being demolished, and the new one being ready for occupancy.
Yes, that would be nice enough for me to live in too
!

I'd called down there last Friday- telling Kelli that I had a huge dish of catfish just coming out of the oven.
And asking if they wanted any?

.
.
Cnv0216 
She turned me down! ? (She actually had a fridge full of leftovers that they had to eat).
*sigh*  ~But my catfish would keep.

I resigned myself to dining alone.
With some green beans and broccoli for accompaniments.
I had made my own tartar sauce, and made up my very festive looking plate.
And all the while I felt so paranoid...
.
.
Cnv0214 
hehehe
Sputty, smelling the fish, was just begging for some. (He is worse than Punk at this).
..
.
I dipped my finger in the tartar and tasted. Mmmmmmmmmm...
Then dipped a little fork of catfish in the tartar.

... And snitched a bite.

I truly thought I was going to die!
blech!

In my 51 years, and I can assure you that this was the very worst thing I have ever had in my mouth My trash can, all of 3 feet away from my mouth, seemed like forever to get to... Just to spit it out!

I swear the taste permeated everything above my shoulders, and I actually got quite nauseous. Recovering enough after spitting long enough to run out of spit, I almost tripped over the damned cat on my way to get a drink, and rinse.
(Yes, I said "damned" cat)! hehehe


Just what did the pushy Sputty~beast think when I offered him a taste?

.
.
Cnv0215 
Smart@ss Cat-  
But, that's pretty much what I thought too.
.
.
Meanwhile, Punk, who witnesses all within these walls; decided she would go hunt for her own dinner.

Smart dog.
.
.
.
Cnv0196 
She found something...
.
.
.
Cnv0197 
Inedible, but funny- whatever it was.

So she just got a few treats from Casey...
.
.
.
Cnv0211 

.
.
I have rarely, if ever before, had anyone turn down my food offering...
I have also never been so thankful that Kelli did exactly that, that night.

Once my ability to salivate had returned, I called back down there. Tim answered as Kelli had gone out by the horses.
She called back a bit later to ask if I wanted any of their leftovers?
hehehe Very funny Kelli!

I'd better close for now. Will be going to Casey's in a bit.
... And then I must go have my toe removed.


Have a 'wunnaful' Toesday!

XOXO
Me

11 comments:

  1. LOL@ your tastebuds getting shocked ... I Hope they don't have to remove your toe :O ..I get a bad toe from time to time and it freaks me out , most specially being diabetic but I always keep an eye on it and if it looks red or anything I march off to my doc .. LOve the pics ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! After reading, reading, and reading last night, by the time I turned off the lights to go to bed I almost felt half blind myself. Read the links you gave, then went and looked up some more. Finally gave up on that subject and took my book to bed. Maybe I should start learning Braille.Don't know what I am going to do if my eyes give out on me completely. AND I HAVE TO BE ABLE TO READ!

    Well...geeze Anne....the fish looks delicious! How the heck did you make your tartar sauce? Hope you were still able to eat the fish. Or did Sputty get it all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ewwww! was it perhaps rotten? I've never eaten catfish before. Perch, cod and walleye and then of course whatever fish sticks are made of! Sorry your dinner was trash! Thank God you didn't take a picture of your big toe to show us! LMAO! :D Hope the doctor gets that all fixed up nicely for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy that I'm not a fish eater... LOL Your fish LOOKED very tasty though, sucks that it wasn't good!

    Hope the doc fixed your toe up for you and didn't chop it off!

    Love Ya!
    Slurkie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mommy!

    I LOVE the fish picture!! That’s a cute one!!

    Rest assured that the doctor will NOT be cutting off your toe! Just the nail part of it, and only after the other stuff is cleared up so as to not create any further complications… I’m glad that you were able to get in and get it looked at, I know how much pain that has been causing you… I just wish there was something I could do to help out, I feel so helpless when I can’t do anything to make your pain go away… Now I know how you feel when I get sick… Not quite though, because you’re still the mom and moms are engineered to worry more for their children… Someday I’ll know what that’s like though! :D

    I’m glad you are able to wear contacts! My eyes are super small, so if I ever do need glasses all the time, I’d have to special order mine to be a smaller size… When Jenne’ worked at Wal-Mart, she had samples of those colored contacts. I went to try one on and it wouldn’t sit right on my eye. When she looked at it, it was WAY too big for my eyeball, and that’s the normal size… I guess everything about me is itty-bitty, but then again I am “EDBD” for a reason!! (I’m also “Mo” for a reason as well… hee hee hee)

    YUCK! SNOW?!?!?!? UCKY UCKY POO!!!! I’m surely done with snow for this season… You are right, though; it won’t stick around for much longer… I’m glad we are done with those heavy snowfalls… I guess I’ll put up with a bit more as long as the warmer weather and “spring” lies right around the corner… We’ve already gotten our taste of spring as it has been 57 degrees! Today was GORGEOUS out! I can’t believe how enormous the change is around here from season to season. It’s almost as if we never gradually go from one season to the next, more like we get thrown from one season right into the next one… This is great when it is going from winter to spring, but is not so great when you go from summer weather straight into winter chills and snowstorms… Such is the life in Wisconsin! This is just how you always used to say: “If you don’t like the weather in Wisconsin, wait a minute, it will change!”

    Those pictures you took at Kelli’s are just beautiful with that trace of fog in the background!! Absolutely gorgeous! It was nice to get over there and see the horses for a little while. I guess maybe it wasn’t just me, because Kelli said that Breeze Along had been moody that entire week… Good thing, I was starting to think she didn’t like me anymore! May is ALWAYS so good with you… She always has been, and that’s so great! Must be something about you that she finds familiar… I remember when she wouldn’t even let people walk by her stall without cowering in the corner scared to death of humans… She has come a long way, and you are wonderful with her!

    I’m glad you were able to get a shot of May giving me kisses! She sure does love to smooch us humans! I was also glad that Miss Breezy’s eye was doing much better than it was that morning… I can’t imagine how worried Kelli was about that… It must be a sort of allergy thing, because she said it happened last spring as well, and was fine by the time she got home from work… Either that, or she happened to get too excited about spring and just bumped her head and it’s a coincidence that it happened at the same time of year… Who knows? :D

    Mmmmm…. That catfish sure does look yummy!! A long time ago, when Roberta was trying to get her stuff straight, she and I were at Texas Roadhouse and she got the deep fried catfish. I tried it and it didn’t seem to taste any different than the rest of the fish, but she swears that if you get it in the south it is absolutely amazing and tastes very unique… It’s probably a Cajun recipe that she is referring to, though, and that’s all way too spicy for me… But yours looks better than the restaurants… My mouth is watering just looking at the picture! YUMMY!!!!!

    As I always do, I am typing my comment to your blog WHILE reading it… Every little bit or so I stop reading and write what comes to mind… This time, obviously, I s

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great that you're finally getting rid of that st00pid' ingrown toenail of yours :) The country side around you looks lovely Anne not unlike it is up here in the Hills, I love the fogs and horses but hate the taste of Catfish Yuk ( Muddy) see ya hopping around a bit later on I suppose

    ReplyDelete
  7. *hugs* hopefully your toe is still attached just growing in the right direction now.

    What was wrong with the fish?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your catfish dinner looks yummy..sorry it didn't taste that way. I love catfish..and can just about eat my weight in it..lol Of course I usually fry my catfish. There are so many prepared fish fry products on the flour/cornmeal aisle I just get one of those..I like the Uncle Buck and Zateranns(sp) brands. Uncle Bucks can be spicy..the other comes in several different types..I like the lemon flavored one.
    We are so looking forward to spring here. I'm ready to start enjoying the beach. We just heard today the County Pier will be open by July 4th(it was to be done by Spring Break time but it didn't happen). Its just up around the corner from the house here. It will be really convient for the guys to go fishing at...yeah!
    Love the pictures. I have yet figured out how to put pictures in with my blogs...other than at the top..lol
    Hope your toe is better. Bruce will be having his 3rd toe surgery on the same toe May 4th. I'm ready to just cut his off and be done with it..lol I told him if the last surgery didn't work that was what I was voting for..lol But the Dr that Drew is seeing for his foot swears he will fix this and it will be right this time. We will see.
    Have a wonderful week...laters!

    ReplyDelete
  9. well I wrote a whole page to you and the silly thing disappeared, not doing it again now...be warm and feel good..more later brth

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS: I think that the Dr. will only cut off the part of the toe nail that is hurting you. I asked mine if it would hurt and he said well no a bad as it has been hurting you. He froze it with needles and my feet are numb in parts because of diabetes. He said see it is good having numness from your Neuropathy..loll...at that point he hit and non-num spot i wasnt expecting and my foot almost shot up and hit him in the face,,,I am not too fond of him anyway, young and acts like this old fat lady is not even in the room most of the time just talks to his young assistant. I thought about having her pay my bill...but he did a good job so I kept myself nice and sweet.

    ReplyDelete