[My] Life in Wisconsin

My Kids! 1991




He who teaches children learns more than they do.
German Proverb


Kids 1991
They only look quiet. hehehe

From left to right-
Back row:
Reianna M., 12
Jennifer H., 13
Zoé C., 14


Front Row:
CaseyAnne L., 4
Daniel B., 10
Roberta M., 11


* Not pictured: "I dunno", and "Not Me" (and "Sweet Pea") hehehe

"Growing up is never easy. You hold on to things that were. You wonder what's to come. But that night, I think we knew it was time to let go of what had been, and look ahead to what would be. Other days. New days. Days to come. The thing is, we didn't have to hate each other for getting older. We just had to forgive ourselves... for growing up."
The Wonder Years

Happy Mothers Day to all.
Whether a gift of God, a gift of nature, or a gift of your society; if you've loved the child you've become its mother.


Children are not casual guests in our home. They have been loaned to us temporarily for the purpose of loving them and instilling a foundation of values on which their future lives will be built.
Dr. James C. Dobson

I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.

I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision.

I've learned that every day, you should reach out and touch someone. People love that human touch - holding hands, a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.

I've learned that no matter what happens or how bad it seems today, life goes on, and it will be better tomorrow.

I've learned that, regardless of your relationship with your parents, you will miss them when they are gone from your life.

I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and a late friend.

I've learned that making a living is not the same thing as making a life.

I've learned that if you pursue happiness, it will elude you. But, if you focus on your family, your friends, the needs of others, your work, and doing the very best you can, happiness will find you.

I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands. You need to be able to throw something back.

I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.


XOXO
Me
aka Mom, Mommy, MA!, "MUH~THER!", Mama D.


Kokopelli/OLOLOWISHKYA image/legend from here

16 comments:

  1. Happy Mothers Day Anna; AKA a MUM (in Australia )

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe yes we still learn and we learn wonderful blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been anything but a furmom. From that I've learned that even though furkids can't make Mother's Day cards, they do occasionally leave you little presents on the good rug in the living room. Happy Mom's Day Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You forgot moooooommmmmy!!!!!!!

    Happiest of mother's days to you, you have certainly earned it with all you have done for us!!!

    Lovely picture even with the missing kids....

    XOXOXOOX

    Love you, forever.

    Sweet Pea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Furkids celebrate mother's day, every time you come home.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the picture of the kids!!
    Great blog hon. x0x0x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the kids from way back then. And gosh....even at 4...I can still place the actress Mary Stuart Masterson playing the part of Casey in a movie about her life. Casey has always reminded me of that actress.

    It is odd how we give birth to children that we love dearly till they reach adulthood and it seems that someone hit a switch on them and turned them into people we would NOT even want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mr Lester,
    I saw your notes on all the different ways of saying "Mom".
    But then I am led wonder what those older kids of mine call me. hehehe
    Oh well.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet Heidi;
    My dad always said that he would die if he could not learn something new every day. And it's true- whether we think we are learning or not, we are.
    Though Pa gave up that fight in 1984, he never chose to quit learning either.

    XOXO
    Me
    .

    ReplyDelete

  10. Sweet RT;
    Stands and applauds! But you make it sound like a bad thing. (Well, save for the presents part)! hehehe

    Keep in mind and heart that those furkids know YOU.
    They love YOU.
    And they would die before EVER turning their backs on you. It is simply not their nature or their heart.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't forget it Sweet Pea- It still makes my blood curdle to hear it though. hehehe

    You bring tears of joy to my eyes you know, and I am ever so proud of you!

    Love you forever too!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  12. Thank you Sweet Pam;
    I was going through a few old photo albums and could not have found anything more appropriate for Mothers Day if I had been looking.
    I hope your own Mothers Day was great too!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet PeachieBaby!
    You write the script and send it in. Casey will help. hehehe
    Then you also get MSM to play her. Wouldn't that be great?!?

    Your final paragraph is stunning to me. You are very correct, and very very accurate.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  14. Wait a darned minute Sweetie.
    Ummm...
    Scared to ask...
    But who would you get to play her mom?
    hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete