[My] Life in Wisconsin

Dragonflies and Downpours



Baby Dragonfly?
Not sure if that's a baby dragonfly or what?
We put him back outside where he belongs, whatever he is...


Good Morning All;
Fresh sheets, blankets and quilts upstairs all around! That may come in handy if the storms that are predicted to come tonight, (again). Kelli and Tim just might want a safe place to sleep.

Tonight: Scattered thunderstorms early, then mainly cloudy overnight with thunderstorms likely. A few storms may be severe. Low 67F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
Tomorrow: Scattered thunderstorms in the morning. Partly cloudy skies late.



We have had a few dry days. Long enough to get a few more acres planted. I didn't ask them what they are planting-

I took this picture after they had left last Sunday.
I didn't ask them on Monday if it was stuck or broke down...

Stuck, Or Empty, I didn't ask
After the weedkiller- Then the planting can begin.


All 3 Tractors Busy at Once!
2 tractors readying the 6 acres behind the shed-
1 bringing part of my willow tree to dump in the woods-

The "kids" are none too happy not to be outside every day-
So, when Sput does get outside, he won't budge for love or money.


Sput on a rock



Once inside, Punk won't budge off the cool stair either.


A Dirty Punk- on a cool stair



I came home from town the other day and realized I must have had company while I was gone...


Soaky Seal
hehehe!
Someone put this waterlogged seal there while I was away!  (The dogs play with this one).


Speaking of waterlogged...

Mud
'Twas a few days before they could get back in that field.



But after the rain comes the rainbow.

Rainbow 
Methinks Miss Kelli must have a pot of gold out her back door!
Maybe in the pond? (Either way, she's holding out on me)!


This morning, the workers were here bright and early-


Good Morning!
A good stretch always get the day going right! hehehe


... and it looks like it might be cabbage after all!

Planting




I broke my lawnmower last Sunday-
BOTH deck belts, shredded to smithereens...


Broken Belt
And I only had this much more to cut!  Grrrrr... No I haven't given a single thought to removing/replacing them.  (This back will not allow me to get the deck off to begin with).  It'll keep. (Well, 'til, anyway).


Kelli stopped in on the way to the horses last night- Casey went with her too.


KelliBaby!


Punk was not happy when we told her that Miller and Coco had stayed at home.

She had to check both cars before she would even let Casey or Kelli leave...


Punk, Checking the Cars 


I'd better close.
I'd better call someone for my rider, and then take care of yesterdays dishes. (I am so lazy)!

I hope you all have a 'wunnaful' weekend!
Love to all

XOXO
Me

19 comments:

  1. Oh my....something is always breaking down. I can feel for ya.

    Anne, with all the stuff you make yourself do on the outside, it never hurts to let those dishes sit for a day....or two...or three.

    Take it easy there. Do only what you can and get to the rest when your body allows you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we'd get some rain, and its our monsoon season without a monsoon in sight :(......I like rain now that I'm not working in it. I always love your picture blogs sweet Annie, echos above sentiment do what you can do and nothing more. Have a great weekend hon,
    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet PeachieBaby!
    Sometimes I do let them sit- (and to be honest, those dishes are not one of the things I accomplished today). hehehe

    Those belts have been used/abused for what?, 4 years now?
    I knew they were getting loose as I was losing blade power, but they were still mowing, and I try not to fix what ain't broke!
    I should have planned ahead knowing that, but alas I did not!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Pamela!
    hehehe
    You made me laugh!
    They updated our forecast for tonight, but still call for "sebere"... (I could live happily without that word).

    I still have a hard time sitting still and all, (sometimes from my back, and most times just because it does not make me happy to do so). But I am getting there...
    Funny, I just had to go out with Punk this time- Skies are overcast,a nd it is so humid! The thunder, (if we get any), will be very loud with that much humidity in the air.
    Good thing I took a nap earlier...

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have lovely acreage there Anna and I also love your photo blogs and with the family pets. 16 Knot winds should blow a little dust off of things Anna it's a nice 68 here today and we need some rain. I see you have a John Deere :-) not far from here is an outlet with the name
    John Deere Farm Toys LMAO so funny.
    Get some paper plates ect - No more dishes Anna hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those fields are rented out, and the leaser hires the help- (The tractors are his, and Greg's too).

    JD Toys? Around here those are sold right alongside the real tractors.
    I had a pedal JD tractor when I was little.

    XOXO
    Me

    PAPER PLATES?
    Bite your tongue- Too many trees downed and not being replanted. I do buy them, I rarely use them. They are good for covers in the mikey when I put meat in there though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course they might be a good idea since I keep breaking my damned dinnerware!
    What's up with that anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant photo blog. That is soooo typical though. Big puddles of water when you least want them! Poor tractor getting it's feet stuck!

    I so envy you all your space. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol..you may have to check out the summertime plastic wares to replace your broken dinner ware.
    I know I will be picking some up today as I'm going to pick up the grandboys tomorrow..lol
    I miss freshly planted farmlands. Just something nice about freshed turned earth.
    Stay safe during the storms...we are heating to death down this way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just stopped by cause I miss you! It seems all is well in Flintville - except for the mower, which can be fixed.

    Everything looks so green and fertile there. The baby seedlings will be big heads of cabbage in no time.

    Love the pic of Sput!

    Punk looks like she's saying something sarcastic to you, laying there on the steps.

    Has Kelli checked around... me thinks she may have a Leprechaun living on her property. (Pretty rainbow pic!)

    Casey looks well, hope she is feeling as good as she looks.

    Off to get ready for my job at the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You let them chew on a SEAL???? Oh the inhumanity of it all!!!! LOLOLOL

    The kids look good and so does Casey. Your fields look so inviting.

    Sorry bout the belts. They can be replaced and you'll get to it when you're able.

    Hope you're day is wonderfilled.

    OXOX,
    Snotball

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet Mrs. G.;
    Glad you like my little diary entries! hehehe

    Punk always looks forward to those puddles- The bigger and muddier they are the better she will like them!
    I catch rainwater from my broken gutter by the attached garage- It not only watetrs the plants when Mother Nature doesn't it makes nice water to clean the mud off a dirty dog before she comes back inside!
    But I still have to remove the mud from my car seats- from swimming at Kelli's
    Leather and all- (Look out saddle soap, here I come)!

    You are completely welcome to come and enjoy my space anytime you like!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  13. Sweet Denise!
    I think perhaps when I open a jar of canned goods that I will just skip the plate step and eat from the pot or the jar. hehehe

    That fresh earth you speak of is so welcome to my senses too- and especially in the Springtime! It is something that cannot ever even be described. One has to experience it.

    High today to be only 71- How wonderful is that!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet RT;
    You are missed more than words can say- (and I am happy that you missed me a little too)!
    Yes, all is well- I am thankful that so far, every problem that has come up in the past 50-some years has been reparable.

    How well do we really know our closest friends? Come to find out last month that Kelli isn't even Irish! hehehe All these years I am thinking she is Irish- right down to her last name! Too funny.
    But at least I was in the right corner of the globe!
    Maybe she has a leprechaun anyway? (If I were a betting person I would say his name is Tim).

    Casey isn't looking to well right now- She has an appointment for this afternoon which I will try to take her to-
    She is so anemic and still has so much right sided pain. (I am wishing I didn't know that her liver is on the right side)...

    Please come back sooner next time?

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet Snotball-
    Better that seal be covered in spit than any marine animal be covered in that crap they are covered in now.

    All seriousness aside though, Mr Miller goes into the old shed, knowing where the loot of stuffed dummies are, and selects one for them to play with. When he brings it out, they all want it, so back he goes for another one!
    The seal just happened to hang around the longest! hehehe

    You may also come see these fields for yourself! 5 rows of tomatoes got planted yesterday!
    Mmmm I can't wait to steal a few of those! hehehe

    You have a wonderfilly day too!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete