[My] Life in Wisconsin

Our Weekend so Far...



Behind the pond at Kelli's... A masterpiece.


Good Morning All-
As I look out the eastward window, the fields are blanketed with fog, and the sun peeks through them at various spots-
Ever so pretty, and reminds me of home. i (Oh wait)!    hehehe

Been "squirrel~busy" these past few days- (trying to hang onto my last marble also).
But oh what fun we've had!  Had the sale open Friday and Saturday- I will open it again around 8 or 9. (Maybe just get a few chuchgoers that want to throw a few quarter$ my way).
Tons of people, and to know so many of them too!


Jim and JoAnne
Cousins and neighbors, Jim and JoAnne Reimer-

Jim just had surgery on his shoulder after dealing with a torn rotator cuff, and then ripping a few tendons. (That's some painful stuff too).



Julie and Destiny
Another neighbor, Julie- With her 3 month old puppy.
She collects dogs like other people collect knick~knacks.
Has gone back to school now to be a licensed cosmetologist.


Other people just out for a ride- to see the sign and pull in. Whatever works.
At times my yard looks like a used car lot- At others, it's like a mini ghost town.

I wasn't going to open it this weekend either- Until the gal down the road put an ad in the paper advertising her own sale.
So out came my sign.  (Hmmm... Does that make me a thief somehow)?
And a whole lot of pretty men too! (I will just have to open more often)! Mmm
***wipes drool off screen*** 
hehehe

Casey has come out every day- Up and at 'em real early for me too- Even if no one is here besides us, I can think of no better company than her own. She is just so funny- even in pain, (and sometimes because of it too). That is so special!


Casey- after a long day at the sale
CaseyFace! hehehe
... Brings a whole new meaning to "You Go, Girl"


I'd better close for now and get my dishes done- 2+ days without doing those.
(Don't tell anyone).

I hope you are ALL having a great weekend too!

My love to all

XOXO
Me

PS
From my 'bizarre newsletter': "September 2 is National Beheading Day."
I will need a show of hands (I mean "heads"), to see who goes first?!? hehehe


26 comments:

  1. Sweet Annie,

    I didn't see any pics of the pretty men, :-(, I was all set to drool with you, LMAO.

    Hope you do well and even if you don't, you still get to spend time with your heartchild.

    Is Julie's puppy a Clumber Spaniel? Almost looks like it from here but I don't have my glasses on either so that may explain it too, LOL.

    oxox,
    snotball

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love yard sales!!! Paul doesnt.....which puts me in a bad place because I cant drive anymore, lol......That is a cute cute puppy up there he looks like he is going to be huge......Beautiful Casey looks wonderful!! xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. No not a thief...just maximizing the oppertunities..lol Yard sales can be tricky. Never know how many to expect or if it will be a buying or just a looking crowd. Good Casey was there to help out. It made the slow times more fun.
    As far as your "ps" goes.. I have a suggestion for "who" can go first...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. The puppy is already huge! LOL I'm not sure if I could afford to feed one like that,LOL Looks like a Saint Bernard. Hope you did well with the yard sale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be having a rummage o rama soon too, after I have moved out of here! good luck with the sales!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy you old people sure break easy.....


    XOOXOXOx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the puppy! Wish I could collect them too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you. Thank You!
    hehehe
    (Couldn't resist).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry for the oversight- I was learning too much on Saturday... (Even found out that one guy admits to having a BIG crush on me)- Kinda cool that! hehehe
    Even more priceless was the fact that Casey was witness to that whole sexy exchange!

    We did fine- That shed is huge- and completely filled (well, not as much as it was, anymore).

    That puppy is only 3 months old. She is a Saint Bernard.
    Julies dogs (she has 6 or 7), get out a lot, even with their collar training. Wish they didn't.
    She had a Sainty before too- Had that one for almost 2 years before it got killed on the road- 4 miles away.

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry to hear that you aren't able to get to any of the sales. ;-(
    That would just kill me to not be able to do... Besides, they are lots of fun, and a bit more prevalent than auctions- (which I also love to go to).

    That puppy will be gargantuan- She said its mama was no bigger than my Miss Milly was- But a Saint Bernard too.
    Then she told the breeders she wanted a big one.

    I agree about Casey. Casey is always beautiful.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Maximizing opportunities" That really makes me feel good now! And smile too!
    (And it will take a LONG time to get over your answer to my PS)!
    TOO funny!

    I live on a County highway so there is always lots of traffic here. Still, you are right- either they will stop, or not.

    But even the lookers present a great challenge to this ex retail manager. Saying the right thing at the right moment, (if one is not busy elsewhere), turns a looker into a greenback or two for our pockets. hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. The dog food alone in that house must carry a very high price tag, even the very cheapest brands.
    Punk gets the "Taste of the Wild" dog food. Premium, but it is meat too. And so much better for her than those foods with all the fillers and junk added.

    We did just fine profit-wise.
    Heat-wise? Let's just say I am glad yesterday we were only open til 1:30.
    Happier still that we were closed today. Heat index was near to 100- Actual temps had to be in the 90's. (Even Punk didn't want to go outside after about 11 or so). Nor would I if I wore a fur coat!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  13. It is amazing that everyone still comes out to the sales! Most people tink, erroneously, that rummage sales are Springtime events.

    Have fun at your own too. If you need help, just let me know- Casey and I will be there!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  14. being stupid over the picture and listing of assorted wounds....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Methinks you are too much like my daughter- (She would be downright dangerous if she was allowed to collect dogs, cats, 'wabbits' and the like)!
    Me? I was like that as a young(er) person. Dogs. Cats. Strays of all species.
    Mama was always getting a birdcage for baby birds, hurt ones, etc.
    I'll have you know that not too many ever died on me either! (Well, 'cept for Mama).

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  16. HAHAHA!
    Sorry, I was being dense- or obtuse- or or or... (You're the Nanowrimo Queen, please tell me)?!
    Duh on me.

    Yeah- must be in the water... or the DNA?

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello beautiful lady....I am back again!!! Just thought I would fly by and say hello. I didn't know
    you were having a sale or I would of hired a chopper and gone up to see what you had!!! lol
    I think that Casey is looking very well. I hope she don't have too much pain.

    I will write to you soon and tell you all about my fall OUT of the TUB!!! It was a very scary thing
    and a miracle that I didn't break anything. Just sore and out of sorts!!!

    God bless you and keep you well and bring in the money!! :) After all, you can't put anything in
    the collection plate if HE don't help you make some.

    Love ya,
    Bev xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm here now lrrpslady :P

    Still looks like lovely weather there Anna I had to go and learn all about the art of the cosmetologist; from Greek κοσμητικός, kosmētikos, "skilled in adornment" aren't you proud of me NO Links hahahaha
    I love going to garage sales ect and 2nd hand shops I just love em so much.
    It's great that Casey is doing well and happy she looks happy there. I have to do the dishes in our house .....well load them in the Dishwasher anyway.

    Have a great week Anna

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, Lester, you most certainly are here now, or were here at any rate, LOL. I fear if we drool over you, your lovely wife may bridle so as to not become injured, I will save my drooling for one unencumbered by a spouse.

    ( see Annie, I Am edumacated, LOL)

    oxox,
    snotball

    ReplyDelete