[My] Life in Wisconsin

A Reload- (Oh- I mean Recap).


        Gross...


Good Saturday Evening All;
Before I go turn the sewing machine back on, I just wanted to do a bit of a recap.
Sure has been a busy week, and at times I have felt that my wheels were spinning. But that's OK kids. Personally, I would much rather be thinking than not.

To learn- or not to learn...
We learned a lot this week, if we were paying attention.

First and foremost to StangerDaze.
My most sincere sympathies on the loss of your good friend.
From the final comment here, she writes in reply to Pam, "
Taking a moment to personally thank you for all your "tolerance", and "love". Got a phone call this morning. A gay friend of mine was found hung in his closet yesterday. He hung himself on Thursday. His mom found him. How would you feel if it was your son? Think about that before you say another word against homosexuals.
I have grown quite tired of you people. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP SPEWING YOUR HATRED!
"
I  notice that Pam has seen this comment; though predictably she has not replied.

What say you? Can we really afford to be that apathetic, ignorant, and unfeeling toward another life? How many others have done the same?  WHY?

A "Mackerel Sky" -Read the comments here to find out what it is- what it means.
Thank you JoAnna!

From here. IQ and social maturity are not exclusive.

From here we see what real "work" is. 
Of a list of 14 I wrote, 1. "
You have a garden. 2. You cook 3 square meals a day"...

How many of us, obeying whatever excuse, do not even do those things?
(Let alone the other 12)?!?
We also learned how cute triplets can be!  hehehe


* Other stuff I have learned this week---

A quote from problogger Darren Rowse- My advice to those commenting on blogs (not just mine) is that in a sense you’re visiting someone else’s home when you leave a comment. Comments have the ability to build up our tear down your reputation. They are a permanent record of who you are and what you stand for - so take care - be gracious - make sure they add value (not only to the blog you’re visiting but also to your own online profile)”.



* The most common types of skin cancers are:
  1. Basal Cell Carcinoma
  2. Squamous Cell Carcinoma
  3. Melanoma
  4. Merkel cell cancer  New 2008, Caused by "tumor virus" click


There are too many recalls from the FDA and CPSC to keep listing them all.


* "Someone who's brilliant and engages in a lot of activities might reduce their risk of Alzheimer's disease for a while"
For a while?  Click here to read that article on Alzheimer Disease.


"Respect are country" 
Click here for more gross misspellings on placard pics.


What the heck ever happened to academic integrity? Furthermore, you shouldn't have to look for these -misteaks- they should be apparent.
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is." W. Churchill


Bedbugs.
Click here to find out why you should be worried, no matter where you live.
And yes, they travel quite well, and happily, on your purses and backpacks.
Thought I would throw that in there for anyone about to crawl in the sack. hehehe
See also "Prevention and Control of Bed Bugs in Residences"


* Marijuana, medical, or otherwise. 
I have just posted a link about this natural miracle drug.
Please click here to go there and read my link from Science News.
In short, our outdated laws must be changed!

marijuana tumor suppression

"Why are those plants evil? Because they don't come in a bottle that says pfizer, Eli Lilly or Bristol Myers Squibb on the side." Bill Maher

This, quoted from here.
Here's a reality check on how skewed current law is: The majority of people arrested for simple marijuana possession are younger men of color, even though studies show white youth consume more marijuana. These rates aren't about sales of marijuana (although the rates are similar) – just possession. The impact of a misdemeanor conviction for marijuana possession creates barriers to finding a house, a job, and even a school loan. That's not good for anyone.
{For those in California} Flat-out prohibition of marijuana is failing. We need a solution that works. By regulating and taxing marijuana for adults, Proposition 19 is a step in the right direction. end quoted text


I'd better close. It is almost tomorrow!

Sleep well

XOXO
Me


Bedbugs pic from above link

10 comments:

  1. You are a wise bird and one who is there to help anyone who asks I would think.
    Bed bugs I have lived with when young.
    Homosexuality I first experienced when someone moved opposite to me.
    My wife and I found them to be friendly so we reacted the same.
    Alas my neighbours were silently different.
    Of Marijuana I have no experience, but I might have a skin problem along with others right now.
    So, I know where to come.
    Thank you for the post.
    PS. I think it is cruel of nature to create bodies that are without the right equipment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill,
    I have never willfully turned anyone away from what I might be able to do.

    We have never had bedbugs around here I don't think.
    Mom told stories of people having them as close as Chicago though-.
    Pa was in the Navy and told LOTS of bug stories.

    I am happy that your wife was open minded enough, even way back when, to have noticed the humanity behind the people instead of the label they must have had.
    And they were probably so silent because of all the hellfire and damnation that came their way. Sad, that.

    Save those links from my other note about marijuana. I will be posting yet another good link in the comments there shortly.

    XOXO
    Me

    PS
    I too think that Mother Nature has screwed up a few times.
    (Like last years snowfall around here). hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have booted people from my friend list because they were rude. The way I see it, you can be rude to me when I visit YOUR site but you better use manners when you visit MY site or I will sever the connection. I don't tolerate rude people in my real life home either. Life is too short.

    It wasn't until recently I began to understand why some people hate gays so much. I grew up in Southern Cali and was raised to think of gay people as basically the same as other people I knew... except for the gender they are attracted to. Now I am in the South and see so much hatred aimed at a group of people who pose no threat, I kept asking, "Why?" The answer I finally got is erroneous, but believing that answer is true does explain the power behind the hatred. Many straight people in the South believe that gay men are pedophiles... that their sexual interest is ONLY in little boys, not in adult men. This isn't true, of course. But this erroneous belief 'justifies' the violence done against gay men.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Zusi-
    I am hoping that the erroneous belief really does NOT justify anything!
    I am shocked! (And given the fact that I am over 50, nothing should shock me anymore).
    I am also quite sickened by such a

    More and more, (the more I take the time to read and learn), I find that this, or any, prejudice and bigotry only stems from ignorance.
    That, and an obvious unwillingness to learn to be a better person.

    http://abouthomosexuality.com/03-more-bible.htm
    "Despite what's being said by many Christian writers, biblical faithfulness and an acceptance of homosexuality are compatible."
    Good quote, no?

    I don't mind the rudeness on my page, but I try to be more accepting on someone elses. Just because I feel more "at home" on my own blog pages.
    I can usually counteract the ignorant, and the people that try to put me down.
    (Which has never worked).

    As far as cleaning out my 'friends' list...
    I do that very rarely. But oce someone is removed, that's ther problem and nt mine.
    The ultimate is that I block them. I have gotten to that point only with a very few. (I'd rather "know" the enemy! hehehe
    I have also been led to blocking by checking the 'statcounter' info on my top page. ie: You steal without my written permission, any of my photos or blogs, you get blocked. It's that simple.
    Only a few have ever been given that right to do as they please. (2 of my children, my sons in law, and my Kristin).

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always said my Big Sister was a wise woman. See, you just proved it! LOL

    oxox,
    snotball

    ReplyDelete
  6. JUSTIFY???? No, of course not! But it does explain why they go batshyt over the issue. I personally don't care what people do in their bedrooms as long as only adults are involved and everything is consensual.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...So who's your Big Sister?
    hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. His funeral is on Tuesday. Tuesday would've been his 25th birthday. Please say prayers for this family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. no bugs in my bed...if they ever appear it'll be new bed time!

    ReplyDelete