[My] Life in Wisconsin

Wanna Go For a Walk?

 

Good Morning All!
Chilly today- Highs to be in the 60's for the next week or so. Lows in the 40's. Brrr... (but just a little "brrr" -as I adjust to the change in weather).
Crap, Winter is coming....

Before resting to watch that great Packer game with Casey on Sunday, I had made 3 separate trips around the fields...
When the sun was high, I brought the camera along too-

I noted more damage by our deer herd.

This first picture is of my own squash plants...

Deer damage

A pretty close, straight, cut.
(Those darned deer must have some really sharp teeth this year)! hehehe

Further in back now, more deer damage.
Look at all the missing and broken corn stalks!

Venison Damage to Corn
Darn deer- 
They eat the young plants while the stalks are short, and succulent. As the stalks get taller the deer just walk all over them-  
I suppose in pursuit of a 'yummier' stalk up the way.


But then came the stark realization that I was witnessing things I had never seen before!

I took these first two pictures way back by the woods...


Melon


After seeing that, I saw this one as well.


Melon
WTH??? 
I did not do that to those poor melons!
Now I know we are really in BiG TROUBLE here


Because it sure looks to me like the dang deer have knives now! hehehe
So much for having sharp teeth...


The field hands have already removed about 5 or 6 loads of cabbages-
And there are pumpkins growing throughout those cabbage plants-

Pumpkin
hehehe   I will have to steal this one just for me!

But no matter how well those pumpkins have come up on their own this year, the harvest will never equal Blazers... (Right down the road a bit).


Pumpkins at Blazers
This represents maybe 1/10th of what was there. (And, they harvest more every day)!


Along with a wagon~load of gourds too!

Wagon Load of Gourds
These too, are harvested on a fairly regular schedule...


But I digress...
...Back to our walk-


Below is just a bunch of weeds and cabbage-

Goldenrod across the field
With a bit of goldenrod in the background- I thought it pretty!


Punk goes straight to my old "climbing tree"-  She seems to love this tree almost as much I do!

Punk- Posing
Then she poses pretty for the camera!  Such a ham!   hehehe

My dryer is calling me once again, so I'd better close for now-
Just thought I would share one of my daily ventures with everyone!
And after that, I am going to rest a while.

Here's hoping all is well in your little corner of the world.

XOXO
Me

PS
Top photo is for those of us in Wisconsin, (among a few other states), that are holding their primaries today.
Go do it!

16 comments:

  1. great pictures thanks and next time get one for us of the deer with the fork and knife lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, deer with knives! Scary... they will switch to guns soon and then no melon will be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol..yeah..I'd be watching out for those "deer". Poor corn..trampled by deer..looks like you have a good size herd there in the corn patch.
    The goldenrod just made my nose go crazy...aaaccccchhhoooo!
    I would love some cooler temps here...but not that cool yet. I'd be happy with low to mid 80's and nights in the 60's.
    The pumpkins and gourds are beautiful. I love fall harvest time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to see our Goldenrod. It would be so much nicer if the darn Ragweed didn't show up at the same time, LOL. Poor Goldenrod takes all the blame for the pollen from Ragweed.
    Punk is ever Punk and such a lovely Lady she is.
    The crops are just lovely and I'm with you, when the deer start using knives on the melons, what is the world coming to? LOLOLOL
    I adore your pumpkin. It's lovely, I would have it for my own also.

    oxox,
    snotball

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures, I love your climbing tree, I think you have influenced me to move out of the city, Paul has been talking about relocating at least up north from here, and more and more lately I'm thinking what a nice idea, I use to be an outside kinda girl....lol.....honestly.....lmao no I'm not kidding....I use to hike in my younger days, I was a waterfall chaser!
    xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the photos Anna and the story.
    I think you had better warn the American Hunters and Shooters Association that the Deers are armed this year

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Heidi-
    Isn't it just too funny?
    I will try to do some surveillance soon. hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet Denise;
    Size of herd? I see a few together- maybe 1/2 dozen at most- (and 3 of those are from this years births)
    Others, just down the road here have seen about 30-
    Odd thing is that one deer can be responsible for all that damage, all by its lonesome.
    (I still like them better on my plate).

    You said "aaaccccchhhoooo! " I say "Bless You!" hehehe
    Must be why my eyes are red and itchy now too.
    It is 48 right now...
    And yes, windows are open-
    -a few of them anyway.
    Very few.
    2 to be exact.
    And not wide.
    And not on the breezy sides of the house either.
    hehehe

    Fall IS pretty.
    It is also pretty ominous when one considers what comes next...

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah my Sweet Snotball!
    hehehe

    At this very moment, our Punk is completely enthralled by a wren that is making a ton of noise outside "her" window. (Wonder if they 'talk' to each other)?

    I too am still giggling at the audacity of my deer! hehehe

    I have never, ever, in my whole life bought a pumpkin.
    (But I have bought pumpkin pie filling). Great for my cookies- (and half the dough gets no sugars- light on spices, and a bit overbaked. These make great dog treats)!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet Pamela!
    I am so happy that perhaps you will "get outta Dodge" so to speak.
    ... As I am looking forward to our move TO the rez.
    Hmmm...
    And I promise, I would go 'country' there too, but those homes are easily 1/2 million and up.
    (I could write them a check)?!?


    Make sure you get a place with mature trees. The kind you CAN climb.
    Then make sure that Paul takes at least one picture of you UP that tree!
    Whoo~Hoo! is right!

    When Sue and Glenn were here the other day I did show Glenn where my own little spot in the woods was.
    I will miss that spot for sure. Even my Little Miss Mona is buried there.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am happy you like my silly pictures Mr Lester-
    Happier still that you appreciate a little humor thrown in for good measure too!

    The NRA would only rush to arm the deer with guns- So I was thinking of sending my 'proof' to WDNR. They might be interested to be apprised of this matter.
    dnr.wi.gov/
    hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. I heart watermelon. And cucumbers. And the crossbreed that happens when you plant the vines too close to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That didn't last long-
    hehehe
    ... It got windy and dark about 9 or so that morning- All got closed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I heart you Sweet Anti-
    Even if you don't know how to garden.
    hehehe

    XOXO
    me

    You are SO funny!!!!

    ReplyDelete