[My] Life in Wisconsin

Da Craziest Thing. (Arf)!


Off to da woods we went...

ARF!
   ...   And we ALL know what THAT means...

Means?  Mean?  (Yeah, you know who I'm talkin' about)!

"She" is mean!  Just wait 'til ya hear this story...

"She" takes me back to the woods.







Oh! This is FUN!
I like da woods ya know.
So I smile.   BIG!

"She" knows I love playing fetch...
So I find a stick, an bring it to her.

She throws it real far. This is great fun. I always find it too!




I LOVE Playing Fetch

Well mostly always I find it.

Sometimes not...


WHAT WAS THAT?!?

So...
As I am sniffin' around, lookin' for da right stick, wouldn't ya know I get snapped in my hinder?!  And by a tree!!!  (Is nothin' safe ennymore)?

My 'she' starts laughing and laughing and... LOUD too! (She's mean like that).

I gets really mad then, and am going to destroy that tree that paddled me!

Darn Tree hit me!?!?!

It doesn't move.
I did get kinda stuck- well, my teeth sorta did... This made my 'she' laugh even harder!
Keep in mind that "she" iz there, taking the pictures of my pain!
How humiliating for me!!!

So I turned 'round so she couldn't see.

Pokey Tree

She just moved a little... (I should know bedder by now).

I have heard them 2 legged people say, "if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em."  I am no dummy, and I know what it means.  So I gave her my best shot; even if she is still laughing hysterically AT me.
I don't know WHY she keeps laughing so hard, (or why her eyes are full of water either)?!?

Grrrr.....

I give up.
As she moves away, I get snapped, right in the backside. AGAIN!
This time I see that "she" is stepping on a dead tree, and it is really long.  Every time she moves her foot this dead tree moves. If she rolls her foot just right, it pops up and snaps my arse.
That's NOT funny,  (is it) ?!?
No it's not!  I tell ya, it's da craziest thing I ever seen!

So I grab that dead stick and drag it down the big hill...

Wrong Stick, Punk

It broke - and I bring it back to her then.

Then she throws it halfway down the big hill for me! 
(This IS fun)!
Almost as fun to play fetch too, as it is for me to go paddlin' down the river!



The River- south view

"She" tells me I have had enough 'paddles' for one day, and then really loud again she says "Do NOT go in the river."
   - Mean she is! Just plain mean!!!

Since we are back in the woods, and I am having lots of fun, I listen to her.
(I really am a good Punkin, ya know).


"Mama! I hear a fish!!!"
We get to walk the whole ridge that day! 
Whoo~Hoo! Er, I mean "ARF" of course.
I jumped over that dead tree this time, backed away, really safelike too; and watched her hafta step over it.

Then, I smelled something really good. (I don't know WHY "she" says 'pee-you' when she smells these kinda things too).  It sure was smellin' good to me!


I SMELL a fish too!

Oh-Oh.



Toidy in the woods
Right she is. 
This wasn't a feast after all...

At least the leaves are covering it all up for now.
Good thing too, 'cuz I wouldn't want the poo in the hole to end up in my river.


Suamico River @ Flintville
It IS pretty, isn't it?
Would YOU go swimmin' with me some day?


"She" finds another stick for me...
I headed right on down to find it...

And I couldn't find it ennywhere!
But I could hear her again sayin' "Do NOT go in the river."


PLEEEEEZ Lemme go in the river?


And then the worst thing ever happened...

 

and  I fell in!


I told her I was sorry though and she wasn't too mad then. 


Yooz not mad about da fish, are ya?

Well 'cept for the dead fish I found on the way up. (Part of it is still stickin' out of my mouth).

I mean, c
ould YOU stay mad at me if I said it this nice?

But I'm SOOOOOO Cute!

So I was a 'lil stinky. Big deal.  (I like it just fine like that, but "she" doesn't).
"She" is a killjoy, ya know.

For my punishment, she makes me go fishin'.   (This is punishment)???
I don't think so!

I tell her I'll catch 'em, but she's gotta clean 'em...

It's a deal.


Female



Roe



Male coho



Rubbed and Ready for oven and freezer

We work pretty well together, don'tcha think? 
And the house smelled really good after all that!
Mmmm...
It woulda smelled even better if she'da cooked 'em all, but she didn't. A
fter wrappin' them all up, she puts them in the big cold box in the back.
Now I gotta wait for one more 'lil bite...

I'd better close before she catches me. Ya know how mean she can be.
A big old "ARF" to y'all.
May all of your own 4 legs be as good as I am, and may your bowls always be full.

Love, Punk


25 comments:

  1. LOL - it looks like Punk had a great time, despite how mean you can be ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it morning? I had better get to bed then! If the farm girl is up it must be close to dawn? Have a great day Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was the fish nice?
    The tails/tale of Punk was. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahaha loved the story Punk, Oh, yes and the writers explanation :-)
    Loved the photos and that is called Back40 if I remember right ?
    Lovely fish and all that Roe
    Well done I really enjoyed the read ...... "ARF"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Punkin,

    You are SUCH a good girl to listen to your She like you do. I know it gets hard. You're a wonderful young Lady and I'm sure your She is very proud of you. Continue to take good care of your She for me, will you?

    Hope you both have a wonderfilled day.

    oxox,
    auntie snotball

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Punk,

    I'm a Silky Terrier and my name is Lizzie. Me, my Silky Terrier sister, Daisy, and my mom, Sharon, were all looking at your pictures and reading about your adventures in the woods. We had such fun reading about the fun you had. The fishies you caught look mighty tasty! Yes, Daisy and I would love to go swimmin' with you.

    Love,
    Lizzie the Silky Terrier

    ReplyDelete
  7. claps, I love when Punk blogs!!! :) nice catch girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You think I'm mean too huh?
    hehehe

    She has a great time, no matter what- (Except for being dropped off for her bath)...
    She is just a fun kind of dog!

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is laying down now- & watching "Animal Cops Houston" and I wonder what she thinks of it all?

    Do you think it bad that I let her watch that?

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAHAHA
    It was the wee wee hours of the morning when I'd first woke up...
    Then it was the 'damn, my back hurts' hours.
    And I knew I had a few blogs yet- Leftover from pre~snow conditions that need to be posted before we get buried under the white stuff.

    I did go back and lie down for a little while. Then sewed a little more (while Punk was busy blogging).

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you enjoyed it! I hope my grandbabies enjoy these silly blogs by Punk too. (I know she has fun writing them)!

    Yes! Mmmmmm The fish is darn good! (And darn good for a body too)!
    I hate deboning Punks portion. (I have a rough enough time doing my own)!

    We got 4 fish. I do believe they are cohos.
    The first buggar even "bit" me as I was cleaning it.
    OK. So that was my fault for grabbing it wrong after I'd beheaded the dang thing... hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will swear on a deck of cards that Punk has written all the blogs that are tagged "writtenbypunk".
    So therefore any ;writers explanation' has come from herself.

    It was almost a sin, but the roe got tossed along with the rest of the innards. I damn near broke Casey's hunting knife. I even used my electric knife, which I then tossed in the garbage). :-(

    I should have put them in the freezer for half an hour or so before I attempted to clean them. So much easier that way, but didn't want to wait either.

    ARF to you too!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  13. You rock!

    XOXO
    me


    PS
    She really does take good care of me, even though she really isn't so young anymore. (Kind of like us that way)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are SO funny!!! (And I am so glad you came back)!

    Bring the pups over next Spring so we don't freeze dry them. hehehe
    I promise they will ALL have a 'wunnaful' time!

    Punk sends her love to Miss' Lizzy and Miss Daisy too!

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hold the applause now. hehehe Glad you love Punk!

    There were 4 fish that day- 3 males and 1 female.
    Females taste better.
    Oh well. Nothing that a little extra lemon, butter, and paprika won't cure.

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  16. Punkin,
    I just don't understand you Barkers. Chasing sticks? Getting wet? Ugh.
    I have my human much more well trained. When I'm ready for him to feed me I jump up onto his computer table, knocking things over before I start chewing on his old lamp shade. I know he hates that because he always tosses me off the table, but I never let that keep me from jumping back up and starting again from the beginning.
    If that doesn't work, I start picking things up with my mouth and dropping them on the floor. After a while, he gives up and we go to the kitchen where he gives me the food that I'm most in the mood for. Sometimes I'll have a taste for one kind but he tries giving me something else. You'd think he would have learned by now. I turn up my nose and move my paws like I'm trying to bury it. Eventually he gets the idea. After a few tried he usually figures out what I really want.
    He's tried his own version of that stick-tossing game, too, only he uses little balls with bells inside. What does he take me for? A Barker?
    No, if he wants to amuse himself by watching me play with one of my toys, he has to bring it to me!
    After all, as a Meower, I have my dignity. Plus, I'm so much better at relaxing than you Barkers. Relaxing is probably my favorite activity. In fact, I think I'll go back to doing it right now.
    It's been nice talking to you, but you should really try to take a few tips from us Meowers. Always remember: you're the boss!

    Best,
    Fluff

    ReplyDelete
  17. what an enjoyable blog, lol. so glad to know Punk got his bath after all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. lol good dog . My dogs would love to roll on that fish and get all perfumed up !

    ReplyDelete
  19. *rolls eyes* I knew that was coming since she just had the expensive bath....

    But that fish looks yummy!!!!!


    XOXOXOXOOXOX


    Pea.


    PS you know when you type fast with cold fingers that comes out as "butt hat fish?"


    Love the shot of Punkie with the red leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hai Aunty mis punk

    iz Larssen. I donts type sos good yet but am learnings. can uz teached me to catch fish some day?

    PPPPPPP and sniffs

    Niece Larssen

    ReplyDelete
  21. YOU TOSSED THE ROE!??!?!?!?!

    Are you nuts?

    Wait, I know the answer to that.

    They do look like Coho.

    XOXOXO

    Pea

    ReplyDelete
  22. Not nearly as well as my Big Sister.

    oxox,
    snotball

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hiya Sweet Punkin!

    “She” wasn’t laughing at you my dear, she was laughing WITH you!!! It must’ve been quite a sight for her to see, and quite the startling experience for you! Darn trees, reaching out of nowhere and deciding they’re going to pummel you on the behind without warning and without any reason to… Well, maybe it had a reason: could you have been sniffing somewhere that your nose didn’t quite belong??? :D

    It’s a good thing you got revenge on that tree! Those pictures are FANTASTIC!!! I especially like your “best shot” one! It truly is the best one… It really shows how tough you were, and I don’t think any trees will ever dare to mess with Da Punk again…

    Yes, the bit about the dead tree really IS funny! Even though you didn’t see the humor at the time, you will eventually!!! ROTFLMAO!! Oh that’s hilarious… So it wasn’t really the tree you were attacking, was it? Oh well, that tree won’t even think about messing with you at all… Sounds like “She” was having quite the fun-filled outing! You have to take the fun times anytime you can!

    I once read that one can’t take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive… It sounds kinda morbid, but it’s a very good point! Plus, isn’t it better to laugh a truly wonderful laugh than to cry? Don’t worry, we people make fun of ourselves ALL the time and have a HILARIOUS time doing it, too!!! I know you’ve seen/heard us doing that, and I’ve even caught you a few times with a large smile on your face when we bring you into the conversation! See? It really IS funny!!!

    Sounds like the fetch game turned out to be a grand ole time! I can’t believe you went into that water for a swim!?!? It has to be absolutely freezing by now, and it’s a LONG walk home with wet fur… (“She” should know that quite well… You’ll have to ask her about the time that her sister was playing a joke on her, and the ice broke….)

    I really can’t find you in the picture with you in the river… I think you’re to the right of the birch tree, but I’m not too sure! It’s a “Where’s Punkin?” picture!!! I’ll have to ask Mom just where you are in there, ‘cuz I’m stumped… I see you in the second one, but not the first! Hmmm…

    I love that little toilet thingy that we used to use for the Labor Day picnic when we still had it back in the woods! (Personally, I liked the switch to having up by the house… Much easier!) That makeshift toilet really gets some good laughs out of everyone who sees it! It was ingenious to think that up!!!

    Awwww… You truly look sorry for the events that transpired before/during/after you “fell in” into what you call “your river”… Such cute eyes and that expression is PRICELESS! How could anyone not forgive you after seeing that look… AWWWW! (Although the dead fish in the mouth is not so becoming, but since a dog’s gotta do what a dog’s gotta do, I guess the little souvenir can be forgiven, too!)

    WOW!!! I NEVER knew that a female fish can have that many eggs! There’s got to be over a thousand in there!!! WOW!!!! I guess I learn something new every day… Man, one could really earn some money bottling that up to sell to the people who eat that stuff! I’ve tried it once and it wasn’t too bad, the salmon roe, but I didn’t care for the other stuff, and after a few bites of the salmon stuff I didn’t eat anymore, but scraped it off… I guess it’s a very unique taste and texture, but I don’t see why it’s so gosh darn expensive!!!

    Mmmm… That fish sure was YUMMY!!! Your “She” is the best cook EVER! I swear she can make every meal/recipe that comes to mind, and only needs to look in an actual cookbook once or twice a year! She remembers all these recipes and can recall them all at any time! AMAZING!!!

    Thank you for the wonderful blog Punkie! I’m glad you had fun in the river—er, woods—with your “She” and thank you for sharing the fantastic pictures!

    Love you

    ReplyDelete