[My] Life in Wisconsin

Green Bay Packers- XLV World Champions!




Super SUPER Super Bowl Sunday!!!!

We had so much fun, cheering our beloved Packers on!!!!
Hollering, then the screaming silence- Over and over and over again-
Just the normal "Packers inspired Tourettes Syndrome"... I might've even cussed a bit- (Casey too)-
I wasn't able to jump up, or stomp- (but nothing wrong with the mouth end)! hehehe

I swear Punk wanted a new home- Until we made our steaks at halftime that is..

Greg is originally from Chicago- and a Bears fan- gulp- (poor guy)- It wasn't until AFTER the game that he told us he had a headache.
(My apologies Mr. Greg- I hope the ibuprofen helped)?

I was so wracked with nerves by the time the three minute mark came in the 4th quarter that I had to leave the room!
I chose to jacket-up, go outside, brave the 3' high snowdrifts and light the old burn barrel. Punk ran circles around me- and fought to get over a few of the snowbanks with her shorter legs... (shorter than mine anyway).

I watched the fire for a short short while, then came the fireworks down the road- At the exact second of that 1st 'KaB00m', Casey hit the back door- running outside, and screaming "WE WON!" "WE WON!" "WE WON!" "WE WON!"
Life sure is good at a time like that!


I took the pictures of Lambeau Field today as I drove to the stadium. There were literally 1000's and 1000's of people there.
Just in case you think I am overboard in my enthusiasm, I saw this in the Press Gazette-
www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20110207/PKR01/110207017/1207&located=rss
"Hannah Pieper Elliott knows the difference between fans of the Green Bay Packers and ordinary football fans.
“Other teams have some fans who are this crazy and this dedicated,” Elliott said as she waited in the cold this afternoon with thousands of other people for the motorcade carrying the Super Bowl champion Packers to Lambeau Field. “But ALL Packers fans are this crazy and this dedicated.”
(Oh man, she's got THAT right)!

I'd best get some shuteye soon. I have been at this picture upload thing for SO long already that my eyes are crossed; and my back is screaming at me now. Well, almost.

I hope you enjoy them all!

XOXO
Me

30 comments:

  1. Casey, I LOVE your hair!! You should have it down more often, it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see your xoxo, Sending you more, oxox.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Granny Annie-I don't think my momma would have made me eat crow!!! However, the cheese head hat belonged to Chrissy's Uncle Willy who has also passed away so chances are he might have out ranked her up there in the cheering squad.....and I was not alone in my cheering the Steelers on....at least I get to stay a favorite niece to my uncles who are calling my cousins that backed The Pack traitors!

    I had to join this site just to leave this darn message!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are beautiful..........congrats I smiled when they won and thought of you sweet Annie xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. rooting for the steelers I see......

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks cool---How ya been Annie? THE Packers played an incredible game- CONGRATS!!

    ReplyDelete

  7. Good luck with that- I tell her that ALL the time...

    ReplyDelete

  8. hehehe I LOVE my xoxo thanks so much!

    XOXO
    Me



    ReplyDelete
  9. HAHAHA!
    Your mama would have cooked that crow up so very nicely- and served it to ya good and warm!

    I giggled at Uncle Willy pulling more weight in Heaven than you're Mama... That, and you hafta remember that my daddy is up there too! And he would have only rooted against the Pack if Minnesota was playing. (The 1980's Minnesota team that is),

    I have yet to hear anyone else say they were cheering Pittsburgh on. Maybe I live in the wrong place to expect to hear anything like that?

    You rock my sweet Buttercup~Baby! And I have left you any number of 'openings' to come and get me- and finally you took the bait! Oh heck, I don't care why you joined, only that you did!
    Love you! Love You!! Love you!!!!

    XOXO
    Me

    PS
    You only *think* you're the favorite niece! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet!

    ... But I am wondering --Did you picture me, at that exact second, standing in almost 3' of snow, wet up to my knees, and watching a fire burn?
    I bet not!
    Too funny!

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was an incredible game, that's for sure!
    The spirit is still very much alive around here; and will not fade until next February, when we play in Indianapolis!

    "I love the Green bay Packers"
    (There is actually a polka song that goes along with)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was rooting for the steelers...but I have always liked the packs too so I ended up smiling at the end of the game (and what a nail biter it was!!)

    ReplyDelete

  13. And YOU made *me* smile at the end of your comment!
    hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the hair down as well, but in winter weather it gets so static-y that it gets SO ANNOYING and sticks to everything... So I don't mind having it down for a while, but it does go up once I'm needing to do something without having my hair stick all over and to everything!!!

    So I leave it down a bit at a time... Greg is on y'all's side, he loves it when I leave my hair down! :)

    I'll try to leave it down a bit more often for y'all! :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL!!!

    Oh, you know how to crack a sister up!!!
    (Just can't laugh too much right now with those teeth I got pulled the other day... Face still swollen... )

    Too funny!!!

    Love you SIS!
    ~Casey

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think Greg looks a bit worried.... Hee hee hee... That's my man!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE this picture of us!!! You can tell how much we look alike here!!! Just wish I wasn't so pale all the time... :)

    Love you MUCH MUCH!
    ~Casey

    ReplyDelete
  18. YAY!!! Tiffany in a CHEESEHEAD!!!! Blackmail picture if I ever saw one!!! :)

    Oh she was so funny on the phone when she called to "eat crow"! Hope she had fun that night!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm not too sure what that looks like, but it doesn't look like the burn barrel! In the middle it looks like a bird with a flame for a comb on its head!

    ReplyDelete
  20. HAHAHA!!!
    NICE! LOVE IT!!!! I'll bet some people were upset about this, but I happen to think that it's fantastic!!

    Love you MUCH MUCH!
    ~Casey

    ReplyDelete
  21. YAY!!! I took this picture!! :)

    SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cool picture!! So beautiful to see what ice can do!! Sucks to be in this weather though.... :(

    ReplyDelete