[My] Life in Wisconsin

Two questions for me...


Q's.
Why do you celebrate Thanksgiving?
Why a Turkey?

A's.
We really don't.. (And certainly not only because Casey can't eat much)...

But do not misunderstand either-  IMHO, there are plenty of days to be thankful each year- (365 or 366 days as a matter of fact...)-


http://flintville.multiply.com/journal/item/877/An_Ethical_Responsibility_to_Teachers_Parents_and_Students

Odd, there are same number of days for family to be together too.
for that article, please scroll down to "Now on to the topic at hand..."

And please, as always, place special and precious stock in the comments/replies.

________

Then here too: http://flintville.multiply.com/links/item/273/

Lots is repetitious Mr Bill-  But, ALL IS IMPORTANT- (which is why some of those blogs have been reposted).

NOTICE THE OBVIOUS LACK OF COMMENTS ON SOME OF THOSE?! (You must tell me *why* that is)?!
I think it is because too many people are afraid of something 'different'...
(Sad that).
___________________________________________

Pertinent too- from here: Link: http://lrrpslady.multiply.com/journal/item/937

“We have a biological father and mother, but our real father is Tunkashila [Creator] and our real Mother is the Earth.”
Wallace Black Elk,
LAKOTA

Who really gives us our life?
Who really gives us our food and nurturing?
Who really allows us to be born?

We are born through our parents who act as the vehicle of life for the Creator and Mother Earth. Our parents take care of us for a little while and when we are ready we must leave them and be faithful to our true Father, the Creator, and our true Mother, the Earth. Then we need to be of service to the Creator and be respectful to Mother Earth.

Great Spirit, thank you for being my Father. Teach me to honor the Earth.
By: Don Coyhis
_________________________________

Then you asked...  "Why a turkey?"

Not sure... <------ That will be YOUR assignment today!
hehehe
Possibly there were no buffalo in those parts?
_________________________________

My turn to ask YOU  something...
Where did your questions come from?

XOXO
Me


Please check some of the tags below too-
There may just be a few things you haven't read before...


Also,
For EVERYONE:

Do feel free to ask anything you would like to know. There are very few things that I will not answer.

14 comments:

  1. Um. I'll be back! Gonna have breakfast now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. When corned beef goes on sale at around St. Patty's Day, I buy at least three of them, doesnt make me Irish. at Thanksgiving I buy a few turkeys and put them in my deep freezer, at .29 a pound, its insane not too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't celebrate it either.....and turkey isn't one of my favorite birds....I like chicken better. I would much prefer venison, buffalo, moose or caribou but we can only get limited cuts of buffalo here and venison only when someone gives it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhhhhhhhh...I just woke up and this will require some thought..and at 3am I'm not thinking just yet..going back to bed..night!

    ReplyDelete

  5. Are you STILL eating then?
    hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once upon a time- (OK, not too very long ago), I would do the same thing...
    Now I have a problem with my freezer in the back entrance. It is chest style, and I can't get in it to get a darn thing out of it.
    hehehe

    You are right though, it is crazy not to buy things like that when they aren't on sale...

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete

  7. I hear you on the chicken... So much more moist- unless one bastes the heck out of the turkey, and then drenches it in gravy.
    hehehe

    My friend Polly from Wyoming- her hubby is a hunter to be proud of- When she comes to Rockford, every now and then she will bring some moose, elk, venison, etc.
    I used to love to hunt... My how things have changed.

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete

  8. There were 2 question marks- Therefore there are 2 questions.
    What a silly Pea you are...

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete

  9. Stop thinking so hard. You will give yourself a headache.
    hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two days later:
    Bruce, I'm still with you..."this will require some thought."

    Question to you:
    Why do you celebrate Thanksgiving?
    Why a Turkey?
    You answered & then referred to a link to scroll down......
    Then another link...
    "NOTICE THE OBVIOUS LACK OF COMMENTS ON SOME OF THOSE?! (You must tell me *why* that is)?!"

    O damn you won't believe this but I'm just now on the phone & someone needs advice about vitamin D & I hardly have a voice & I seem to be a lost cause he's looking for something & NOW HE'S BACK ....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet ScootchieBaby!
    (Or shall I call you "Barrel of Monkeys")??? hehehe

    At any rate, you are not a lost cause- You seem to have laryngitis...
    I just read/heard something in the news about laryngitis. The 'old' way was to give your voice a rest and not even try to speak aloud. The new idea is not to, as it loosens up your vocal chords and actually makes them weaker and even more swollen.

    And so my Sweet Squeaky Monkey, stay on that phone for as long as you can- and keep drinking lemon and honey- (Lots of both and as HOT as you can stand it too).

    XOXO
    Me


    PS
    Why would I not believe you? You have never lied to me, so I would have no reason not to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you miss a comma, or did you just cuss me out?


    HAHAHA !!!

    ReplyDelete