[My] Life in Wisconsin

I Don't Know HOW She Did It!




Good Evening All;
As you all know, I have been unable to even wage war on my house, due to my darn back.
Read on. You won't believe what a week I had!!!!   hehehe

Love to all,

XOXO
Me
______________________________________________


Dear Polly;
I slept until about an hour and a half ago. I imagine you tried to email me. Suffice to say that Yahoo did the same thing to me today that they did yesterday. Fortunately I was able to still get hold of someone in charge of this mix~up.
(And oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, the gal today didn't even hang up on me)...
Unfortunately, if you tried to email me in the meantime, I didn't get it. I hope you are settled safely in for the evening...

I miss you already.
Though you might not agree, I LOVED having you here.
I am almost sure there were a few times that you wanted to pack up your truck and leave. (I could not have blamed you either).


Never in my life had I expected (from one person), all the work you did for me! The fact that you drove so many miles to help me out astounds me still.
*** Still not sure how you "found" my floors, as I slept through your sweating that one out.
(My apologies for that).
Zzzzzzzzzzz......

AND, you cooked for me too!  Not to dismiss your note here, but I can't wait for me to be done typing so I can go eat up the rest of last nights dinner. IT WAS SOOOO GOOD!!! (Idiot that I am, I neglected to even ask for your recipe).
I may even throw a pinch of salt on it.  Oooooh, just dare me! hehehe And yes, I do know how very hard it is to cook for someone who eats a salt-free diet, even if it is by choice- and not by doctors orders.


Back when Randy had his stroke it is something that I needed to adjust to immediately, and it wasn't easy. After having him recuperate here, taught me that I could live without any (added) salt; and that was good enough for me. I suppose there comes a time in everyone's life- (if we live long enough) that our doctors will tell us to cut back on our salt intake. I've just got them beat is all.

As you know, next week will be the week from hell for me- with all those darned doctor/hospital appointments- (It's a good thing that you didn't come then). Hopefully I will get at least ONE answer that I need, to be even a bit better.
Methinks I need a hammock in my car so it doesn't hurt so much to go somewhere...
Those doctors (some of them that don't know me anyway), look at me quite queer when I say that I will never have another test if I have to lie on my back. It simply is NOT going to happen- Not without my brace, (and not with me present either). hehehe

I was happy too that Casey got to come out today- and to see you off. I hope that you haven't hit any nasty weather. Sure has been a bad year for those storms popping up out of the nowhere. (Like this morning).
The weatherman said we may have some more of those in the overnight hours. There is a tornado watch, (I think until midnight)...
I hate storms at night- I am a big baby ya know. 
(Of course you do).


I owe you a debt I can never repay, save for with my heart. I can not only see my floors, I can see my countertops shining in the kitchen- And then, after my nap, as I rounded the corner, even the bathroom is all shiny and brand new.

I promise to try to keep it all as it is. I have also spoken to both Punk and Sput and told them each "No more shedding, inside."

I promise too, to get used to my new wheelchair, and to get outside with it also.

Sweet Polly, again I thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you did.
And again, and again, and again...
I just don't know how else to say it, save for thank you... and with all my love.

XOXO,
Me

PS
Punk has now gone upstairs, twice since I woke- Looking for you I'd imagine, because she doesn't ever do that just for fun...

OK- Time now for your leftover Elk!  YAY and YUM!
YUMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

13 comments:

  1. what a sweet caring friend you have, awesome open tribute to her hon
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely friend indeed, I absolutely love storms at night Anna I feel warm and secure, except that then makes me wonder if anyone is sleeping hard out in them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Pea-
    Sorry, but I finished off all that she cooked up for Thursday's meal. There is, however, some that can be made into something else- all ready to go. You may come for supper that night. hehehe
    Damn! That was good!
    And I swear to all that is holy that if she wasn't married I would beg her to marry me. I can't even begin to tell how much she did- and how much I appreciate all that she did do.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Pamela;
    That is exactly what she is to me. An honored person of gold.
    Though I would have probably done the same here, I have been having mookoo problems with my Yahell account, so I couldn't email her when I came online last night. (That, and I am allergic to making long distance calls).

    Yahoo keeps shutting my account down for nonpayment?!?
    It was paid in full last month, so I have NO idea what's going on with that. Now whatever they did Thursday night, reshut me down again on Friday- and oy! was I mad, all over again...
    They restarted again, with nary a promise that it won't happen again over the weeks end. So if I am not around here, you'll know why. The billing dept for dial up isn't open on weekends...

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  5. Sweet CAB;
    As I grow older, more and more I find more people that are so very kind caring and understanding.
    And the more I appreciate those that are in my life.
    I have known Polly since Casey was 2; we lived right next door to her and her hubby when we lived in Pulaski. (It was awful when they left- and in more than one way. First, that I had made a friend. And she was leaving. And secondly, the seriously malfunctioning people that moved in were a HUGE letdown after having such good people there before.

    Yes Sweetie, she is WONDERFUL!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr Lester;
    You are so right. Polly *IS* lovely, inside and out. I just could never have done all that she did in these 3 short days.
    A friend like her makes it worth putting up with all the raunchy things in life.

    And I need to stress that this is not only because she cooked and cleaned! It is simply because she is my friend.
    And that is enough for this gal's heart any day.

    Storms at night? If there were any, I was really lucky, and I snored right through them. hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Anne,

    I am so very happy that Miss Polly could come and help you out. She sounds like dear person and I'm so glad you have her. The food sounds wonderful and to have come an done so much IS a labor of love.It's nice to know you have someone that will come and do like Miss Polly did.

    Much love winging your way.

    oxox,
    foreveryoursnotballsister

    Free Bowe Bergdahl

    ReplyDelete
  8. your friend Polly is an angel, you are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sweet Mommy!

    What an absolutely beautiful thank-you tribute to Polly! She is a truly wonderful woman with a beautiful soul, and a warm and open heart... She loves you so completely that you are bonded, and I know it was a special treat to have her there with you!

    I'm so glad and so very thankful that she could help you out so much!! I know that I am able to do some of the things for you around the house, but my own pain and stomach problems of late have prevented me from the stamina and strength required to do it all... I feel bad when I'm unable to help in those ways, and I, too, extend my gratitude to Polly for doing such hard work and making it possible for everything to get done!!

    She is a dear part of our family, and I know how much you enjoyed having her visit for those days! It was a wonderful treat of wonderful company!!!

    I will also be sending her a thank-you note for her time and also for bringing up those clothes that she no longer needed! That was so thoughtful and kind of her!!!

    Now that your house is almost as beautiful as you are, I hope that lessens the things you have to worry about... I know how it is to no longer be able to do all the things the body once was able to do. It's quite the depressing situation, but know that we are all here for you to help lessen the load as much as we can! (Just wish I could do more)

    Ok, I'm off to the bathroom to get ready for bed as it's been a trying day for me, as you well know and have been in that position many times...

    Know that I love you MUCH MUCH! *more, and always* :D
    ~CaseyAnne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad your friend came out to visit and help you out for a few days. I'm more than sure she didn't mind doing it for you one bit. It's great to have friends like that.

    Wishing they could find a treatment for your back and get you to feeling some better. I know how it is to have to wait and wait on Drs to decide on treatments.
    Did I see you have new "wheels" ? Good..maybe you can get outside and enjoy the weather when its not trying to blow things away....or burn things down. Geezeee I dread the summer ahead and the hurricane season...with all thats been going on lately more inland. But I think 5 yrs ago the hurricanes did enough re-arranging of the Gulf Coast area...but who knows... we could be in for more of Mother Natures house cleaning...yikes!

    You take care..hugs to you all.
    xo me

    ReplyDelete