[My] Life in Wisconsin

Casey. Minnesota.

hehehe

Hi All;
L-O-N-G day today. But we have learned one important thing.
The ERCP/EGD/EUS (whatever it was called), found nothing out of the ordinary in her stomach- Save to reveal that Casey's anastomotic ulcer has healed nicely. That is a very good thing, (she cannot afford to be losing any more of her stomach).
The contents of her stomach are also slow to empty as the muscle at the duodenum is very very constricted. I am not sure if that can be 'cut' to relax it; like the manometry etc at Froedtert Hospital did to the foremost sphincter in her pancreas- (way back when). I forget what that was called, and my computer is so slow tonight that I am not going to go click on "Froedtert" either.

Problem is that no one has learned where her blood is going, and why she is so dangerously anemic all the time.
I do not know what the next step(s) will be; save for a few more (some invasive), tests that can possibly be done, safely, in Green Bay.

My child has taught me much.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

My love to all.
Have a 'wunnaful' Wednesday!

XOXO, and G' night.
me

PS
My apologies for not replying to my latest posts. My fingers are not cooperating much- and I swear ALL of my bones hurt tonight. (Fookin' Reclast poison that I had last April).
I promise to reply as soon as I can.
Thank you to everyone who took a moment to reply! :-)

11 comments:

  1. I think that is the Sphincter of Oddi Anna ?
    I hope things get better

    ReplyDelete
  2. The SOD is the sphincter on the outermost part of the pancreas (head). I couldn't remember what the procedure is called that was done to cut it.
    Back when, her pressure was measured at 89- Compared to a 'normal' 20-something.
    Now this.
    Very strange.

    It all must have come from the sperm side. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope they can figure out what is going on with the blood, it is so strange. I am glad to hear the good news on the stomach though and the ulcer,we always need to hear the good news, don't we! Hugs and prayers as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Lori;
    I sure as heck hope so too.
    I can only begin to feel her pain, and her frustration; though she takes it all with such strength and grace.

    Minnesota has sent her home once again- She is sleeping now- (At least I hope she is). hehehe

    In the meantime I have been reading since 10 last night and have copied TONS of info to be saved for later- I have posted a blog now about some "Upper Gut" diagnoses and treatments.
    A few "possibilities" anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. always praying for Casey. Take care of you hon.
    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always, always in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very happy about the good news....and not anticipating the bad. Just one day at a time is enough
    to handle. I've done a lot of praying this year and that is what I came up with. I also took a good
    look at ME and some of the things I didn't like and have tried my best to fix them!! lol Not an easy job, but it has helped me cope with ease and not panic and not stress out over every little bit of
    "stuff" that came up. Right now it's harder to do, but every day that I succeed is a winner for all of us. :)

    That "sperm side" remark was a winner!!! LOL

    Love & hugs,

    Bev xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrew..at 1 month of age was diagnosised with "plyloric stenosis" which involved the muscle around the duodenum..they cut it to relax it. He was much better afterwards. Before the surgery he was spewing formula everywhere...the Exorist baby is what we called him.

    Hope they hurry and find out whats causing the blood loss issues.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete