[My] Life in Wisconsin

Casey Very Ill-



Hi all;
I must apologize for my virtual absence. 
I do have a very good excuse, but will get to that tomorrow. Maybe.
In the meantime, and as always, know that each visit, letter, note, and message were/are greatly appreciated. 

I am OK as I await some test results for autoimmune disease(s). .

Casey had to drive Greg down to Appleton last night. His dad is a dentist and that is where his practice is. Greg has had a few problems with his teeth, and needed a 2nd extraction. Kind of a rough one for him- He hadn't wanted to take his pain killers, and having had that previous extraction some 3 weeks ago, thought he wouldn't need them... However, this one was worse, all the way around- With Casey driving he could take some as soon as he was capable of doing so afterwards- 
By the time they got back to Green Bay he was loopy, but Casey was in extreme pain. This time not only with her right flank pain, but with her back seizing up on her as well- She waited for it to pass. 
After 2 hours to realize it was not going to get better anytime soon, she drove herself to the hospital. 
By 3 she was admitted.
Greg brought her 'hospital stuff' but had to go back home.
I am on my way shortly to begin the worry all over again.

I am just sickened- She has been sick- and pained for some time now.
She has a nasty infection somewhere- Her white blood cells are "sky high" And to remember she has no spleen. 
Among other things, the CAT Scan they did showed "many lesions" on her liver.
I do not know the definition of "many". 

They are thinking to do a biopsy... And perhaps many other things.
Jocko (ER doc) did not have a worried look on his face. He had a very 'scared' look.

Please keep her in your hearts?  My love to all. And always.
Will know more--- later?

Would those of you that know people that would want to know about this please let them know for me? 

XOXO
Anne

27 comments:

  1. Gez can that girl just get a break. Oye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey is in my heart and so are you, Annie. Hugs to you both from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so sorry to hear upsetting news." Many... more than a few". Right. That is like MS lesions. Does.she have MS? Anyway she and you are in my prayers, thoughts and heart. May your God calm your worries and bring serenity to both of your hearts. Much love and respect my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maryphillips said it best and as a guy I'm not good at expressing emotions, but trust me that you're both in my thoughts and heart.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Thank you ALL- A long night for me as couldn't sleep but for 2 hours-
    We do not yet have a definitive diagnosis- I will write all about it later.
    Casey left the hospital, AMA, late yesterday afternoon. The hospitalist doctor there told her that he would NOT work with Minnesota on her case.  WTF?!
    More later.  Going to try to sleep.
    XOXOMe
    AMA = "against medical advice"

    ReplyDelete
  6. In my prayers...;-(...be strong...love ya...i just got out of the hospital yesterday...same problem so they insisted on admitting me and doing some tests...thankfully the bad ones were normal...now to figure out what is causing this...try to rest my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what the heck does that mean....."will not work with Minnesota" did they find out anything at that hospital? keep us updated.
    xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you.
    Many. Few.
    Both are way too vague.
    On a scale of 1- 1,000,000,000 then 50 are a 'few'

    I asked. He did not reply, ignoring it both times.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You never have to say it 'right'
    Only from the heart. That way, it is always good and right.

    ReplyDelete

  10. I never enjoy them either.
    Soooooo very many of you have been with us through this for almost 8 years and longer-
    And you all deserve the respect to just let you know so there are never any sirprises.

    Peace..

    ReplyDelete

  11. I am so sorry for what you are going through.
    If you promise to hang in there so will I.

    Am going to try to nap soon as I just got home again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suffice to say this person is the FIRST [doctor?] -EVER- who possibly thinks his shit don't stink
    He wouldn't even call Minnesota, saying it was not his policy.

    I will 'splain it all (as best I can) when I blog.
    After my nap.
    I hope.

    ReplyDelete

  13. Furthermore she was refused copies of her records.
    Is that even legal???

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please take care of yourself too....so sorry Anne, as if you don't have enough to handle....I promise to hang in WITH YOU my friend. ....xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. love you Annie.. love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dang....hate to hear all this. Especially the part about the "ER" Joctor(Joke of a Dr)....( I remember those all too well).
    Casey can have her records anytime she wants them...stupid people. Thats part of HIPPA.
    Prayers and hugs for all.
    xoxo me <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. I read what I could a couple of days ago Anna and lost for words mate, I had so many pages of info to look up, I always do due to your post :-)
    Anna I truly feel for you all there, your friends and those who suround you mate, we are all keeping you, Anna and Casey in our thoughts.
    All the best

    ReplyDelete
  18. Always in my thoughts and always in my heart.

    Love and prayers for the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I feel terrible for not being on Multiply often enough to know what is happening with everybody. I think I always dread knowing that I can get on here and see bad news from any number of you. Casey, as well as you, have been in my thoughts because of your health. And now, I see the one hanging in there to look after our Caseyface has also been having more problems. Greg getting that infected tooth out and having a few days of antibiotics and he will be good to go again. Casey, on the other hand, has a long journey ahead for getting better. Nothing I can do for anyone except send a Prayer or two of positive thoughts on behalf of all 3 of you.
    Healing Hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I will reply to you all as soon as I can
    Am going to blog now.
    Well, ......................................... Very shortly.

    I PROMISE!

    ReplyDelete