[My] Life in Wisconsin

Frazzled and Frayed

Good Afternoon All;
Knock, knock... Is anyone here? 
I don't know how many of you are still around since Multiply seems to be nearly defunct already. (And with over 2 months yet to go that they have promised to stay open). I have much yet to retreive from my site- blogs and such- and am hoping that by the time I do get 'er up and running that the kinks will be worked out of this export program... I see more than a few posts complaining of that export system yet, so, even with my dial-up I will be patient. If i have too many problems I shall have to beg Mr. Greg to do it for me. *sigh*  Wonder how sick and tired he will be of me, and my computersaurus after that? Glad it takes TONS to make him be upset enough to even cuss... hehehe

Casey's surgery (hysteroscopy) is over; though I am SO sorry to say I couldn't go. Grrrrrrrr...  My car decided that this was the proper morning to pee antifreeze all over the garage floor. Damn, hey? (and I'd only wanted to warm it up a little as the chilly air hurts to be breathed in)! After that, I wasn't going to take a chance on driving in the hopes of getting there on time. 

Fortunately for everyone involved, Greg had previously taken today off. He was planning on bringing her anyway, so all that was left was for everyone to miss my presence. hehehe
I should have just said, "Thank God for Greg" and been done with it. I can't tell you how many times in the past few months that I have told Casey to tell him exactly that. I hope she has passed it on every time.

She called here about an hour ago, saying that they were back home- She sounded absolutely WUNNAFUL!!!
Of course she is sore, and more than a little hungry. They stopped at Fazoli's on the way home, and picked some food up so they could enjoy a late lunch/ early supper. Sounds good.

With my car in need of my mechanic hindsight tells me that I should have bought more the last time I went grocery shopping. Oh well. I can make do with whatever I have on hand. Mostly. 
Oh Lordy i am so tired. And it is [still] going be a very LONG evening- That is, *if* I stay awake for the Packer Game. I shall try. 

Not much other news around here- Though I am still perplexed by a phone call of apology I'd received from a friend 2 weeks ago...
I will go into that at a later posting. Suffice to say that I don't take being screamed at too well. And my heart is ONLY capable of taking BS for a time- Then it simply gives up. This time it gave up by simply hanging up. 
But like I said, that will keep.
For now.  
The important thing today was to keep everyone up-to-date about my little CaseyAnne.

My love to all.

XOXO
Me

PS
Do
 let me know if you will be still around this site for a while?
And please, also let me know where I will be able to find you after Multiply closes for good? 
I do have a few of your destinations already, but no everyones...

12 comments:

  1. Hi Annie,
    Glad Casey's surgery went well and she is doing good at home now....
    Cars always tend to crap out at the worst times....
    Sure hope you are doing much better too?
    I will be here until it sinks....
    I am at myboomerplace also until something gets figured out with a new site....
    Hope you have a good week Annie....

    Much love and hugs XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pissed at their lack of customer service since the almighty Stefan's not so surprising *announcement. I'm on Facebook more than here. Like you I still need to retrieve my posts and comments and all data from a cooking group. I'm also on anotherblogspot.com as *ghostbear1890*.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I am here and will stay till the last light goes out hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the fun seems to have gone out of blogging, and life, for me.
    Too many destinations around right now and all of them seem the same.
    der Ende?

    ReplyDelete
  5. checking in with you sweet lady...I'm done my move and slowly working towards getting settled...My blessings and thoughts always with you...hugs...love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to hear your sweet Casey had successful surgery and is on the mend. Depending on cars sucks! They always go wacky at the worst times. Hope all is great with you. I tried to post when you first sent message out, but the site was acting up...again! Let me know where you move your amazing blogs to. I totally want to stay in contact with you, beloved friend. My thoughts and prayers with you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Annie....

    I am still here and will stay until the end. I have no idea how to get the comments off of my page or where to send
    any of the stuff. They say if we leave the stuff there they will take care of it for us, but I don't know if that is a good
    idea or not. :( I think I gave you my email address so you can reach me if you need me. :)

    So happy that little Casey's surgery went well and she sounded happy. Health and happiness...two things money
    can't buy, for sure. I almost lost my hubby a few weeks ago and I am so grateful for a Facebook full of friends
    who pray, because I don't think he would of made it without the added prayer warriers. He went to the ER five
    times and they sent him home each time telling him that there was nothing wrong with him. He had bad chest
    pains and an awful cough, he was short of breath also. The 5th time the doctor said the same thing, for him to
    go home and gave him more pain meds...well he had had enough. This is a man who never says anything. I am
    the big mouth in the family, but I couldn't go with him....so he told the doctor that he wasn't going home until they
    found someone who could find out what was wrong with him. She said there was one test they hadn't given him
    so he went for it and the next thing he knew they were rushing him on a stretcher and up to ICU. He had fluid in
    the sac around the heart, fluid on one lung and pneumonia. They took 200 mls of fluid out of the sac and decided
    that was enough because of the high risk, so they gave him high doses of Steriods, antibiotics, puffers and pain
    meds. He was in ICU for five days and then in a private room for nine days. He took the last of the steriods today,
    but he has pain under his rib cage and on one side of his back where he had the fluid and the pneumonia. I told
    him tonight that he should get it checked and when he said yes I could of cried my heart out cause I really don't
    want to know if it's bad!!! I know that is an awful thing to say but I can't go see him in the hospital unless my
    daughter takes me and that don't work very well sometimes. It's difficult staying alone but I work like he-- so my
    kids will see that I can take care of myself alone cause I don't want them to put me in a nursing home right now.
    I am only 64 and I could be in a nursing home for a long time if they did that!!! No one would want me to go live
    with them except for my son and now him and his wife might be separating. :( Gosh it's been a difficult year.
    David is 73 and can't understand that it's harder for his body to heal now than it was 25 years ago. :) I am so
    afraid of losing him, I don't know what I would do.

    Sorry I wrote so much, I didn't have that planned!!

    Hugs & blessings,
    Bev xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I drop in from time to time but have stopped blogging over here. . .

    I have been at http://ponderingsofmom.blogspot.com/ for a couple of years now. . .

    Always thinking of you and CaseyFace.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I jump over here every now and then and have tried to remove some things a little at a time from my site. Since I really have not made a decision on which other blogging site I plan on going with, I just decided to go through all my blogs and read them one last time. Those I wanted to keep, I simply copy/pasted to my wordpad. All photos within the blogs are saved to my computer. Then later, when I do decide on a blogging site, I can reintroduce those blogs as if they were new. I had over 30 pages of blogs to go through. Finally Got that down to 2 pages. I still have some photo albums to go through. Once it all looks pretty bare, I will open it up to everyone and unblock anyone I had blocked.

    So far, the only site that I have been even the slightest agreeable with is anotherblogspot.com. The one called myboomerplace.com tends to dictate what they consider to be a blog and what isn't. They made me a little upset with them when the admin deleted one of my blogs because he felt it was something that should have been posted to the forum, or to the bulletins page. IT WAS A BLOG!! Anyway, I did mention to some of my other friends in a blog that I would be deleting that site and the reasons why, and I sent it out privately to only my friends. LoL....plus, the admin, who was on my friends list. Well...that admin person was the only one to see that I was unhappy with them and the next thing I knew, my site there got deleted. LoL! Saved me the trouble. I won't be adding a lot of info to any of them till I know for sure which site is worth keeping.

    I fear that many of us will be losing contact with each other after Multiply shuts down. Is Casey planning on starting another site? I know her life has had more important things to worry about. Like .....staying alive and trying to live from day to day. If at some point in time she does get back to blogging, have her look up "Peachie" on whatever site she is on and she may find me there. I know there are lots of other Peachies in cyberspace, but I think she can tell which one will be me by the photo.

    I guess I need to try to lay down again. This acid reflux had me jumping up out of a peaceful sleep to run to the bathroom because I thought I was about to upchuck. I'm tired of being tired and not being able to lay flat to sleep. Already tried propping the head of the bed routine. All I did was slide down to the bottom of the bed all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi stranger. I'm here cuz I got an email from Multiply and how they're being jerks to you all. I just spent an hour removing whatever pic I had on here. I'm over on Facebook where I know you'll never go so I'm gonna send you my email cuz even tho I'm never here I would be terribly sad if we never communicated again. :-D

    ReplyDelete