[My] Life in Wisconsin

A Migraine (Mine), A Moron (Me), Multiply, and More

Best to grab a cup of coffee, or a nightcap. 
It's kinda long... Sorry.



Dear Santa;
Please send me a Sony digital camera.
I am truly lost without mine.


Good Afternoon!!!
And happy Friday' to all who are here blogging/reading on our new site. I hope everyone has their sites, info, etc all migrated away from Multiply since Multiply will close very soon.

'As the tummy growls' ...
I am famished right now, and will catch you all up on my day shortly.  (But at this point, I am also way too tired to even think of cooking anything).

If you have read my previous notes on Multiply, then you already know that my car broke down eons ago... 
Not really needing to go anywhere, I tried to ignore that specific dark cloud. Which was
kind of easy as Casey borrowed me her car, twice, during this "uh-oh time.
Thank you Baby Girl!

But no worries either. I have been well-taken-care-of.

Thanksgiving found Casey sick, and in much [liver] pain.
As luck holds for any holiday celebrations with my little family, Greg also got sick. Really, REALLY, sick.  (He finally went to the E.R. 3 days ago, thank God).  
He will be OK- Was given a prescription for antibiotics, to treat some kind of bronchitis/lung thing- He was just beginning to feel a bit better last night when I called.

Suffice to say that my own Thanksgiving was almost nonexistent, save for everything I really am thankful for. I really am grateful for all the goodness around me; and do very little soul-searching to acknowledge that fact. But understand it gets kind of hard to maintain that positive attitude -at times.

Let's see- To get everyone a bit caught up on what has been happening around here-

Casey is doing ok. She is still in a TON of pain, and has twice now gotten those nerve block injections- They don't seem to be helping a whole bunch. She goes in for yet another on the 21st. (I told her not to worry about that appointment as that is the day the world is to end). hehehe
I hope she gets some relief at her next P/M appointment. Her and Greg will be traveling down to Alabama to attend my nephews wedding mid month.
Dixon, (my nephew), is 4 months older than Casey- And, I believe, is in his last year of med school. He works in Cleveland -or Cincinnati-  (For the life of me, I can never remember which town is his).

Randy has a 'real' girlfriend. So he says anyway. It was a revelation to me, but not a shock either. He had changed much since his stroke; and never did fully recover to be the Randy I remember.
If he had gotten back to himself he would never have told me so matter-of-factly that this 'other' gal brings his food TO him, and when he is done with one plate she brings him another. What?! I couldn't help myself, but to reply "Gee, Isn't that how it's supposed to be?" hehehe  Honestly, I did think that at 56 he might have been old enough to fill his own plate at the table.
Belatedly now to answer Mr Lester's question, it really was more than that due to the nature of his job with the Sheriff Dept, I would not blog about him- only sporadically. But he's retired now, all bets are off. Not only retired, but a real "doink~jerk" too.
14 years. Shot to hell with one part of one conversation...

Ah well.  There are always worse things. And I know that for a fact because I have watched my daughter suffer endlessly for many years now. Too many.

My sister, Kris, drove over day after Thanksgiving- 
She not only brought her cheery self, but some really great goodies for me too! 'Mmmmm...'  
And a whole bag of fresh grapes!   'Mmmmm...'  'Mmmmm...' 
(I fully plan on eating one of her huge potatoes for supper; and yes I will bake it first). hehehe
Kris' birthday was yesterday. I will not tell you how old she is, save that she is embarking on her 7th decade of life.  
This would obviously make her, ah. um, eh, er, -hmm?- shall I say the most "mature" of all of my siblings.

Then last week, my sister Janet also came to visit, having made me some banana bars. Yummy!  I ate some, and froze the rest for Christmastime company.
While she was here, we tried (and tried) to get the Rendezvous started. No power anywhere. 
We even tried jumping the damned thing, but couldn't even get a single spark from the copper. (If that isn't the very definition of 'frustration' then I don't know what is)! I'd even thought to try another set of cables- I called my cousin- Her hubby was off hunting, but Joannie told me to come and get them.
Once again, almost futile, we tried to fire the Buick up...  After another 1/2 hour or so, we finally saw and heard that wonderful spark! Whew. I'd thought I maybe had a completely broken wire somewhere- And in about 4 miles of wiring in any vehicle, a single bad wire would be too much to even try to find!!!
Janet went with me then down to Suamico Garage. Jerry is always so kind to me, and when I had called he said to bring it right down.
Oddly when I'd gotten in the car and tossed my cane near to the passenger side, the bin between the seats snapped shut. Is it really possible that the little light in that was resposible for killing my car dead for the past 2 months?!?!? 
Jerry could find nothing wrong- Save that it was charging up pretty good while he went over a lot of the wiring with his handheld 'something or another' device.  (I know. I am just soooo technical). hehehe  Had my car been a '63 Chevy Impala I would have been able to fix any/everything on it; (and quite possibly with my eyes closed). Cars today simply are not reparable at home. Too 'cornF00zing' for anyone; and sometimes even for the mechanics that have to go to school to learn thier trade these days.  Whatever happened to calling a bunch of friends over, opening up a 6-pack of Miller, and working on a car all day?!?  
Could be that I'm getting old(er) too. Ya think? 
*** Unlike my sister Kris though, my cars never needed a metal crank to start them. Nor do I have any cognitive memories of parking in the rumble seat. hehehe (But I'm sure that she does)! 

Joannie, (my cousin/neighbor) came to visit on Saturday, bringing me even more food! Thanksgiving leftovers!  This is quickly getting to be WAY exciting for me!
She also brought...  pie!   YAY!   
With its own huge dollop or three of Cool Whip!!! YAY! YAY!
I  pie !!! 
I have now learned that I especially love pumpkin pie at 3:00 in the morning! hehehe 

Sister Janet will be driving up again come Monday- Her, and her daughter, Britteni will be decorating for me!  YAY!  YAY!  YAY!  My niece is expecting for January 10th- (Janet says that is only *if* Miss Britt lasts that long). Babies come when they want.  She will have a baby girl, named Kymberly! I know. I know. She should have named her "Anne". hehehe

And what made my day so long you ask?!?  I will enclose a note I left for Casey upon returning home with my broken car with the "off-track" (very breezy) window. Know too that I have been battling this migraine for too long.
(I had run out of my migraine meds, so headache or not, I had to go pick up my prescription).


Caseyface;
When I am so sick to my stomach, I get sweaty all over... 
When I am sweaty I do not think to put a fooking coat on.  (And being November, nor do I remember the driver window that won't close, but halfway).
So...  after losing part of my breakfast, I went out to the garage to turn the key.
Ye Olde Buick started again! YAY! -I just might cancel Janet. (Shit yeah, that does sound bad)!
After letting it run a few minutes, I left here after putting some mower gas in.  (Fuel gauge doesn't always work right ) Grrrr.

By the time I left the driveway, I was a little chilled. 

On the way to Suamico I felt goosebumps in places I didn't know you could get them.
By the time I got to Oneida Pharmacy, I was completely cyanotic.
Long, cold drive home... So When I got here, I jacked the heat back on.
I might thaw out by next Wednesday... 
All this, and I still have that big damned H/A.

love you
XOXO
Sign me your "stupid stupid mama-me"

*** My little "Pupsicle" Punk was also a bit chilled, but she was LOVING being curled up on the heated leather seat too. hehehe

Time for me to close- I'll scare up that baked potato while Punk gets her own 'late' supper.

Love to all! Have a 'wunnaful' weekend!

XOXO
Me

1 comment:

  1. Hi all- again-
    It's almost 12 hours later now and while I slept like a baby, I swear I am still cold!
    Head is better, and I heard from Casey this morning too-
    She wrote:
    Date: Saturday, December 1, 2012, 12:40 AM
    Hopefully tonight goes better for both of us then. If you still need to go in [for a migraine shot], call and let me know... [My] pain isn't dying down so I'll just have to deal with it.
    Love you,


    Sigh. Poor kid.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete