[My] Life in Wisconsin

UPDATED. 12-17-12 Migraines, Snowstorms, Bisphosphonates- (and an Old Lady too)!

*originally posted: 12/9/12

Noticing now that I had inadvertently closed off the comments on this.  It is fixed.
Mea Culpa.



Best to grab a cup of coffee, or a glass of juice- 
Long-winded again. Sorry...


Good Early Morning Everyone;
Odd isn't it how one can be busy, (mostly), yet have nothing truly new to add to a blog/story? What's up with that?

I have been fighting off this migraine for about 4 days now. Maybe that means it has almost run its course- Maybe not. (But I damn sure hope so).
Finally, on Wednesday I called to ask Casey if
she would bring me to the hospital for treatment. She declined. She hasn't been feeling well herself, and has a cold.
There just has GOT to be a better way to handle these despicable migraines! When the meds work, they work really good. When they don't, the Rx seems to make it even worse. Dr. says there are many people the meds affect that way.
(And that is why there are so many other people making their own trips to the ER).
At least I have been able to sleep, and my vision has not been too messed up, with this one.

My back is weird too. Then again, maybe it's my lungs?
When I take a deep breath, my back spasms. Odd to not be able to inhale deeply; especially when I want to get that outside fresh air in.

Rumor has it that we may be in for our 1st named snowstorm of the season, to begin Sunday afternoon and evening.
2"+.
If the "+" is a factor then the snows will be called "Snowstorm Alan"- Otherwise it is just a snowfall. (Of minor proportions). Certainly no deep snow- Just more than enough to well mess up the roads for the Packers Game tonight- late game- (vs Detroit).
I feel bad for everyone that goes to the game- and has to relearn their winter driving skills on the way home. Especially those that have come from Detroit!
Added 12/17  We did get about 4" snow- It is all but gone now...
I don't understand how people can simply "forget" how to drive in snow,
but they DO...   Honestly... Forget...

For those at the game that know about this snow and still choose to drink, I hope they only hurt themselves -or no one at all- when they get in a wreck.
As it is everywhere, late-night, single-vehicle crashes generally reek of alcohol or drugs; or a combination of the two. Pathetic when they choose to drive though; and especially when there are buses, cabs, and others on standby, waiting to take care of those wise enough to call in.
But hey, some people are just plain 'st00pid'; and easily go from stupid to idiotic in record time, (esp when alcohol is added).
Know that I'm no angel myself, nor have I ever professed to be- 25 years ago when I drank I also drove. Very ignorant at the time, but I also knew that 'ignorance was no excuse'.
Count me stupid if you must.
But also count me extremely "fortunate" for having lived through my early~20's.

Talking about "stupid"...
I could still kick myself for the Reclast I had received. That, along with the other so-called bone drugs are only huge moneymakers for the pharmaceutical companies, and a killer for those of us that have used them.
I will enclose a list of all these "poisons" at the bottom of this note-
If you, or anyone you know is taking any of these meds, please urge them not to. And then have them either contact me, or go to inspire.com and enter bisphosphonates in the search area at the top of the page. There you will read story after story of people who have been harmed by these medications.
If you need proof I have all the scientific links also. I will be posting a page here on my new site that will include much linked information should you be of a mind to read it all.
Gee, can you tell I had an appointment with the dental surgeon this past week for my ONJ? I will get into that - in a later post. (But it wasn't great news by any stretch of the imagination).

Best to close for now and try to get some sleep.
I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday!
Love to all.

XOXO
Me

Here's a 'funny' for you:
____________________________________  hehehe!
One night, an 87-year-old woman came home from Bingo to find her 92-year-old husband in bed with another woman. She became violent and ended up pushing him off the balcony of their 20th floor apartment, killing him instantly. 
Brought before the court, on the charge of murder, she was asked if she had anything to say in her own defense. 
She answered, "Your Honor, I figured that at 92, if he could screw, he could fly."  
____________________________________


As promised, the list of the bone drugs (bisphosphonates) most commonly used in the USA-

*** Please feel free to share any/all osteoporosis information from my site; including my own ongoing side-effects from my one-time use of Reclast, (by infusion).

Brand Name  --- Generic equivalent: USA List
**Actonel   ---   risedronate
**Boniva ---   ibandronate
**Fosamax ---   alendronate
**Fosamax Plus D --- also alendronate
**Skelid ---   tiludronate
**Didronel --- etidronate
**Aredia ---   pamidronate
**Zometa   ---   zolendronic acid
**Bonefos   ---   clodronate
**Reclast   ---   also zolendronic acid


Osteopenia is NOT a treatable condition!!!!!

Osteopenia is just a 'word' created by/for drug companies, and Xray manufacturers, only to scare people!
Hard to believe??? Here is the linked information:
http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2010/01/osteopenia-disease-fosamax-popular.html
-OR-
http://www.npr.org/2009/12/21/121609815/how-a-bone-disease-grew-to-fit-the-prescription


1 comment: