[My] Life in Wisconsin

Crazy in The Night... Added ps "WORD"

Good Morning Friends, Family, Freaks and Wenches!
hehehe

I am the quintessential, independent, single lady... er, most of the time anyway... And very few things "boo~spook" me.

(It occurs to me now that last night was quite the exception to THAT rule)...

After napping most of the afternoon away, I was "up and at 'em" later on.

Knowing- (and loving)- the fact it was so peaceful, I decided to write out a few more of my Christmas cards... Punkie at my feet, and every now and then some silly noise from outside. The deer have taken to mowing down the birdfeeders as I fill them, and knocking the contents to the ground so they can get their mouthfuls. Leaving the seeds and feeds scattered on the ground presents no problems for the birds- as they can just as easliy get their fill from down there... Well, what's left of it anyway. (It does seem to get a bit $pendy for me though)!

I am far from being done with my little cards, as I always write a few lines to everybody. I have a girlfriend that orders her cards, complete with their names on them and simply puts them in an envelope. To me this takes so much of the "holly"day spirit from the cards... (and it's kinda lazy too)! But that is only MY opinion.

I actually use the cards I receive to 'decorate' with... Putiing them up here and there- and of course the ones that have the nicest messages are always at eye~level, ready for reading, should anybody want to see.

But, back to my late-night worries...

At about 12:30 I had decided to stop writing, and watch a bit of TV... Punk will join me on the couch when I do this; and usually falls to sleep very quickly. About 5 minutes after sitting, I heard a huge "BANG"...

Punkin's head shot up. Then lowered. She began to growl. Low. Throaty. (That gives me goosebumps; me no likey)! Then she lay her head down again... 5 minutes later, another "bang"- She got down off the couch this time, and this time, along with the growls, her hair slowly stood up.

I shut off the TV to keep it dark inside, and started peeking out the windows. I could see nothing, anywhere. But living in the middle of bf nowhere, this did not surprise me. I am also quite cozied in by trees to keep the road noises down. Meanwhile I noticed that Miss Milly, out in the kennel, had not moved, nor barked. And so, taking Punk (and the cordless phone) with me, I went to check it all out. (From the INSIDE)...

My windows and doors were securely locked, and in peeking out of the upstairs windows I noticed the traffic (what little there was) going at a very normal pace- (ie: not slowing or swerving etc)...

A few more "BANGS" later, and the heck with it, I dialed 9~11... My conversation with the lady was even odd, as the first thing she asked me was the address of the problem... I told her I wasn't sure... As I tried to explain, she asked could this have been gunshot? Who knows, it sounded more like fireworks I supposed... (Now who would be hunting what at one in the morning? That's kinda wierd to even think about). She said she would send a car to patrol; but even knowing that, I didn't fall to sleep too easily. (Besides, my damned mouth hurt, but I was not about to take a pain pill til I knew what was going on).

I did fall asleep after a few more 'bangs'... And still do not know what the heck they were... But at least I slept!

These noises were definitely from the outside, and sporadic at best. I shall have to go see after I get in the shower... (I probably called the cops on someone sharing fireworks to celebrate the warm temps)! It is almost 40 as I write- and should remain that way for most of the day. (YAY)! And I am now to the point that I do not even care if we have a White Christmas or not. (Nicer on the heating bill this way)! hehehe

I'd better close, take that shower and get outside- A bit of sunshine too! Very cool that!

Oh yeah, and a Packer Jersey to boot!

Have a grand Sunday!

XOXO

Anne


Crazy In The Night
(Kim Carnes)
Sometimes I really think I'm going crazy in the night
When I hide down in the covers And I won't turn on the light
I think nothing's gonna get me But then again it might
What can I do to keep from going Crazy in the night

I need a drink of water But I swallow hard instead
Cause it's hard to move a muscle When you're frozen in your bed
If I could make it to the phone Before I die of fright
What can I do to keep from going Crazy in the night


"Sometimes she really thinks She's going crazy in the night
When she hides down in the covers And she won't turn on the light
She says nothing's gonna get to her But then again it might
What can she do to keep from going Crazy in the night?"

There's a monster on my ceiling There's a monster on the wall
There are thousands in the closet Now they're coming down the hall
I'm so hidden they can't find me But then again they might
What can I do to keep from going Crazy in the night?

And if I disappeared Do you think they'd ever look
Would I be headlines in the paper Or the cover of the book
Got to pull myself together I don't want to die of fright
What can I do to keep from going Crazy in the night?

"Sometimes she really thinks She's going crazy in the night
When she hides down in the covers And she won't turn on the light
She says nothing's gonna get to her But then again it might
What can she do to keep from going Crazy in the night?"
-------------------------------------





Hit Counter
Hit Counter

WORD:

I do have more than a couple of guns here... (a couple of shotguns, and two rifles).
Loaded and ready... (generally for hunting, but who knows)?

And no, I was not "Boo~Spooked" enough to grab one... (but I do recall that one was very closeby)!
hehehe

XOXO
Me~ again...

oh and PPS... I never DO finish all of my cards before Christmas, but I have never sent them out in February either... (maybe this year will be that exception)! hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment