[My] Life in Wisconsin

Miss(ing) Milly

Miss(ing) Milly
Miss(ing) Milly magnify
Miss Milly... as she generally looks at us all!

.

Good Morning ALL!

I finally mustered the energy to get my backside outside to plow the yard yesterday morning. It was kind of chilly too, 1 or 2 above zero, with a windchill of about 5 or 10 below. But I was dressed for it too. I called Jim so he could come with the truck and widen up a few of the snowbanks; especially at the end of the driveways.

I never thought I would despise the darned snow like I do right now. SO much of it. Everywhere.

Casey had a recheck appointment in the afternoon for her back- So I was gone when Jim got here, but he sure did a nice job.
Asplundh also came while we were gone and brought another truckload of wood chips for mulch.
(Kind of nice that even when I'm gone SO very much gets done)! hehehe

I awoke this morning to what??? About another inch and a half of snow.
Why am I not surprised anymore???

And the forecast you ask?
Already the bulletins are out for tomorrow...
Posted February 16, 2008
7 inches of snow expected Sunday
The Green Bay area may receive 7 inches of snow Sunday, according to the National Weather Service in Ashwaubenon.
Residents should expect some periods of heavy snow with a high near 31 and a low around 13.
Periods of blowing snow are likely to occur Sunday night
.
— Press-Gazette

Blah. Blah. Blah...

I am SO tired right now.
Kind of a welcomed feeling, as I am generally "up and at 'em" once my eyeballs are open. But I think I will go back to bed in short order. I think the new pills that I talked about yesterday might be kicking in...

First though, I wanted to share with you first what happened to Miss Milly when she decided to take off on me the other day...

Punk and I had gotten in the car and had gone 'in search of' her wayward mama dog. I had gotten stuck on the Gravel Pit road...

And we did not find Miss Milly.
I checked at John and Ginny Ryans old place...
At Cathy Ryans.
At Paul Kaspers.

No Milly.

I drove around the block. (And yes, out here it is a very large block)!
Redwood to Big Sky to Pittco to B...

No Milly.

And I decided to go home.

Coming back over the hill, I pull up to my mailbox.
It is across the road from the house, and due to the indecent and illegal speed of the traffic through here, I quite literally take my life in my hands to get my mail.
So, many times I just pull up in the car, to the box...

As I have just come from the west, the mailbox is on my side of the car. The car is facing traffic, and I am as close as I can get to that box. (The snowbank prevents me from getting any closer).

I check the traffic.
Minimal.
So I roll down the window, and begin to pull mail out of the box.
(I hadn't gotten it for a few days, so there are about three good handfuls for me to grab).
There are two small envelopes in the back that I cannot reach without unfastening my seatbelt and leaning out of the window...
I do this, crack the door, and grab these two sassy notes.

Finished, I refasten my seatbelt, and look up.
There are about 7 cars, stopped, in front of me.

What the heck?

I check the side mirror... About the same number behind me.

What the heck?

This has never happened before. Many cars slow down and go around, but they never stop!

I look around, and see no reason why they would all be stopped

???

Suddenly, peeking over the hood of the car is Miss Milly!!!

Where she has come from is anyones guess, but I do have to get out and get her...

***Please remember that due to where the mailbox is, I might have all of about 5 inches or so clearance for my door where I am parked...

Unfasten seatbelt once more, and exhale.

I force my ribcage through the door, and manage to crawl out...
(I think this was sheer willpower and nothing more)

I grab the beast.
Somehow getting her into the backseat. (She hates being in a car)...

As soon as I do this, the cars clear.
I drive in the yard.
My heart rate lowers to normal, and all is well.

And I thank God that the 1st car to have spotted her decided to stop and wait.
That is all it ever takes you know, is for just one vehicle to stop, and traffic will stop from both ways.
At least that is how it seems to work around these parts.

Did Miss Milly care?

.


Not that I could tell...
.
.

Have a grand weekend!

I have to go nap a bit before my own weekend begins... and I must wake to plow the yard.
Sad that I shall be doing the same darned thing tomorrow too.
And with the winds Sunday night I shall do the same again on Monday...

...I quit.

Love to all.

XOXO
Anne

Originally Posted to my Y! 360 Saturday February 16, 2008 - 07:30am (CST)

9 comments:

  1. Well, I am glad that she came back. Funny how she knew where to find her own momma though.....


    The Miracle of Miss Milly continues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And why I do not die from these coronaries is beyond me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knows... you must be that old school resilient peasant stock or something......

    or is it pheasant?

    I dunno... most likely one of those.. the same reason I stick around...stubborn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love wayward children?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehehe You kids kill me...

    And it never does matter how many legs they have...

    Peasant/Pheasant???
    Which is tastier?
    hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think Phesant tastes better...but then again...maybe I need better peasants

    ReplyDelete


  7. I shall just have to conduct a blind taste test then...


    ReplyDelete
  8. You are NOT blind yet.
    I am growing your treatment.

    ReplyDelete