[My] Life in Wisconsin

Barrel Rolls and Muddy Paws

Barrel Rolls and Muddy Paws
333 magnify
I have one lonely lilac bush left.
But am ever SO happy that this one has lived!

.

Good Morning All;
A busy day yesterday for almost everyone... (I mostly just watched)!
hehehe
But yes, my back is being very belligerent and uncooperative today.
Must have done a little more yesterday than I did the day before...

Randy came to help "find" the lawns ~and to trim a few trees too...
All I had to do was point to those branches!
(And yes, that's about the ONLY perk to this back of mine)...

The pear tree, ready to split, topple and die, needed much trimming. But I want to preserve a lot of ot too, until the young tree that came up next to it starts to produce.

First you climb the tree and start to saw...

.

.

.

.

Then you saw from another angle...
or risk leaving too much of your DNA on the tree...
.

.

.

.

Almost all the way through ~and the branch still won't budge.
.
.
What would YOU do ???

.

.

How about a couple of karate chops???

.

.

Careful now.
.
.
Don't laugh...
.
.
.
.
It worked!!!
hehehe
.
.

After realizing the my old burn barrel was stuffed to the brim, I had to get the replacement one out...
(OK, OK, so Randy dug it out of the shed, and Casey rolled it down the hill).

.

.

Dogs?
NO help there...
Like me, they just watched!

.

.

Methinks she was having way too much fun!!!

.

.

Done with the barrel, she became "SPEARCHUCKER"!!!!

.

.

Now that's a nasty game of "Fetch"
!!!

.

.

But NO problem for The Punkmeister either!
(Yes, her paw/leg/shoulder is much better)...

.

.

But not even a great tug~of~war,
~nor fetch,
~nor playing with her ball
~nor wrestling with Mama Milly, etc
was enough for her...
.
Or maybe she was just overheated???

.

.

She found the big puddle while we were busy elsewhere.
.
.
.
.
And was MORE than pleased with herself...
.
Darn good thing I have the hose hooked up already...
(And a bit of Dawn detergent too)...

.

Casey does keep reminding her that she is NOT a Black Lab!
hehehe

.

.

Time for me to fly.
I have taken my Xanax and am going to try to get to the store by myself.
(I got away with making a pot of soup yesterday, but am setting my sights for a bit of lasagna today).
Mmm!

I hope you all have a 'wunnaful' Sunday!

Love to all!

XOXO,
Anne

Originally posted to my Y!360, Sunday April 20, 2008 - 07:18am (CDT) 25

6 comments:

  1. I'm getting ready to take two Xanax and I'm not going anywhere. There are days I swear when I feel as though an entire bottle of them wouldn't be enough.

    I'll be over for some lasagna. I just finished making a pot of 15-bean soup. Yummy!

    Take care of your back while I go take care of mine.

    Have a good one.

    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELLLLLL????? how was the lasagna? did you have salad and garlic bread too? mmmm yummy! Did you put ranch on it? You know everything tastes better with Ranch!

    You got some great shots of Casey in motion! She is definately having a good time! woohoo! And the Punkmiester with that stick on steroids.. woohoo!

    Im think the Punk is well on her way to being a black lab.. but look at that grin.. she was definately pleased with herself..hehe


    As for your tree trimmer.. Did he get lasagna too? Did he put Ranch on it? hehe
    He definately deserved a reward for working his tush off with that saw! Karate chopping a tree.. hmmmm hands of steel I presume? Sounds like an OUCH to me! Still think he needs to learn about electric saws.. they are much easier on the hands. hehe

    Beep loves Bart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That punk! Can I have her???? I just love the spunk she has. Punk has Spunk! What a dog!

    I know what you mean about the back pain. I too have been overdoing it a little lately. My daughter has bought tickets for herself and the 3 boys to come for a visit next month. Coming all the way from Okinawa for her 10th class reunion and she plans to make the visit worth while for the money she has spent on the tickets. She will be here about 3 months. I have been "childproofing" the house again. Her youngest is the only one we have to worry about. Best to put things out of site than to risk hard feelings from getting some momentos broken. Also have to make room for their clothes in my closet upstairs. I had my boxes of Holiday decorations all spread out to make getting to them easier. Time to get rid of some things anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had someone to help me do some tree trimming. Tree trimmer's are so expensive here. Around $900 to take down a large pine and chip it! Geez!

    It's so nice to see your property "green" again Anne!

    Casey looks like she's feeling back to normal again, I wish she felt that way all the time. BTW: Casey - Sure it's easy to get the barrel D O W N the hill, but what about when it's time to roll it back U P ?

    Punk looks so funny with that "log" in her mouth. And in the mud picture, she looks like she's saying "Whatdaya mean wash it off!! Do you know what they charge for a mud treatment at the spa?" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was alot of work clearing all of that shtuff off the lawn, but it did look much better when we were all through. I'm glad Randy was also able to trim the trees for you seeing as how I'm not nearly as good at handling a saw, nor doing karate chops!!! Those pictures were absolutely perfect!

    RT~ It was quite easy to get the barrel down the hill. Hopefully it will last quite a while, and won't need any more moving until it's burnt out! When it eventually does have to be moved, I'll let Randy do that. Hey, I pushed it ALL the way down there, so he should do the work to get it back up to the top of the hill, right? Hee hee hee....

    Morysa~ Thank you for the compliments on my pictures! It was so funny to see Punkie carry that big stick around!

    Well, I must continue with the catching up! I'm glad I have no problems (knock on teeth) with posting comments here!

    Love you Much Much!
    ~CaseyAnne

    ReplyDelete