[My] Life in Wisconsin

It IS Late April, isn't it???

It's beginning to look a lot like...
It's beginning to look a lot like... magnify

hehehe

~

Good Afternoon!

Yes. OK, it really is not snowing.
Not yet anyway.
They might have it predicted for tomorrow or Monday.
(Not sure, I didn't care to see that far into the future).
But it is SO windy today, (hence my new blast for you)!

The blast has the link to Baby Mariahs Caring Bridge website. (or CLICK here on the red)...
Her mama has posted their address so we can all send Miss Mariah a birthday card. (I shall also get her big sisters birthday so she doesn't feel left out).
Please lets make these birthdays perfect for them...

Due to the shot I received for my head yesterday morning, I got to sleep throughout all the bad weather last night.
~~Happy, happy; ~~joy, joy!!!
Having minor recollections of things that may/may not have happened too.
I think at one point that Casey was asking me for a shopping list. And I believe that Randy bought the wrong furnace filter too. No big deal, really; until you take into consideration that the wind gusts are sucking the heat right out of my house... I have turned the heat up twice today. No more though. It is already 67 in the house, and that should be nice enough for anyone.

Back to the above picture.
A bluebird house.
And usually we have either bluebirds or tree swallows in it. (Sometimes a "mowiss" family in winter too)!

.

.

The other day I was out walking...

.

.
And got chattered at and chirped at by Mr. Bluebird himself!
("Scolded" is probably a more accurate word).
.
.
Isn't he gorgeous???
.
.
And I could get fairly close to him
because he was keeping vigil over his Missus...
...she was quite busy herself,
picking out the perfect decor for their new home!
.
.

.

.

They paid no attention to the darned chipmunk/gopher either...
.
.

She was just headed toward my garden
and looking tired from being ever so pregnant!
.
.
Damnable varmints...
And she will probably give birth to 1000 or so next week.
OK not that many,
but then THEY give birth to their thousand or so.

.

.

But it's Punks job,
(and she well knows it too),
to keep those varmints at bay for me.

.

.

She found a hole out in the field...
.
.
.
And began to dig...
.
.
Bad angle for her so she changed her strategy...
.
.
.
.
.
.
She dug some more, before sniffing the hole out...
.
.
.
.
"Hello"???
.
.
.
.
"Anybody home"???
.
.
.
.
I said "HELLO?"

.

.

Nothing doing with a hole the skunk had dug last year before relocating.
So we went back to the woods to catch up with Mama Milly,
who was already doing her own detective work...
.
.
Having found her own hole to invade down by the river!
.
.
Both dogs came up empty handed...
(But it's so much fun to watch)!
Besides, KC always needs target practice!
.
.
A few irises up by the house have dared to come up...
.
.
With Mamas Wire Chicken Basket in the background.

.

.

My chives, (regular and garlic),
are ready and waiting to become taste on my taters!

.

.

Speaking of food...
It is high time for me to be chowing down here.
SO hungry!

Have a wunnaful weekend! (And don't forget Baby Mariah)!

XOXO
Anne

PS
I am attaching the pic I received in an email from my sister~
~~~for those of you that couldn't read the Sarcasma note...

.

HAHAHA!!!
.
 
Oroginally posted to my Y! 360, Saturday April 26, 2008 - 12:05pm (CDT)

14 comments:

  1. As far as I know it's nearin' the end of April...30th is next Wednesday according to all four calendars I have hanging on a couple of walls. Snow...ug! Don't want it now...am enjoying all of the beautiful blooming flowers, trees, bushes not to mention the sweet fragrances all of them are giving off.

    I do so love the sounds of this miracle(?) drug. Where I used to work needed several semi-truck loads a day per person! Me? I'd much rather be my good old sarcastic self. Much more fun.

    If what I saw was a chipmuck, let it go...if it's a gopher...TARGET PRACTICE!

    If you happen to notice your chives looking rather sparse...I was there. hehehe

    Have a great pain free weekend.

    huggies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe.. I love the Sarcasma pills.. but lets not tell JT.. next thing I know I will be having it slipped into my coffee.
    That bluebird and that chipmunk are just gorgeous! Of course I dont have to deal with the damage from the gophers or chipmunks so I would think they are cute. I have a bluebird house all set up and ready .. and although I have had lookers I havent seen one actually build in it. I keep hoping.

    Punk is just too funny..I bet you guys do get a laugh watching them dig for the critters that is until you break your leg and or your neck from the holes in the yard..hehe

    I love the chives.... mmmmmmm when I get my little herb garden going Im definitely gonna have me some of those guys. Probably next year when we actually get moved.

    Glad your feeling better and Heres wishing you lots of sunshine and warmer weather!

    Luv ya


    Beep luvs Bart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute!!! (Beep luvs Bart!)

    Great photo's of the blue birds! We spent the day at the arboretum and saw a lot of great birds...all of which fly faster than my camera finger shoots :(

    THANKS soooo much for the Sarcasma description.....I knew I was missing something great when you asked about VHS. Love it!!!!!

    My Izzy dog would LOVE to join Punk in a dig-a-thon.

    You got chives too!!! COOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Cat!
    Not too much blooming yet... And am afraid if they get even a bit of snow my tulips and daffodils might not like it too much. Time will tell...
    Do you want a chive plant too?
    What's the difference between a chipmunk and a gopher anyway? They are both on the condemned list here... Or should they not be?
    Too late to be thinking of all of this.
    Maybe I will just look it up tomorrow.
    Oh wait, it IS tomorrow already...
    sigh.

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Connie!
    Just sent you a note...
    Shall I send a box of pills to/for JT?
    hehehe

    I do try to fill up the holes that Punk digs. Miss Milly fills her own holes up. (Her 'run' does not allow her too much access to dig, so I am happy when she does this in the woods.
    I have had to stop mowing many times, locate my shovel and then fill up a hole or two...
    Oh well. There are worse things.
    I shall send you some chives! soon.

    XOXO
    Anne

    Bart loves Beep too!
    ~
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet BethieBaby!

    See Connies note... I shall send you some too!

    We have the Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary here. So many birds. And literally TONS of geese and ducks too. Your kids will ove Bay Beach and the Sanctuary too when you come in July.
    hint hint

    Bring Izzy too!

    XOXO
    me

    http://www.ci.green-bay.wi.us/geninfo/baybeach_web/baybeachhome.html

    http://www.baybeachwildlife.com/

    https://www.packercountry.com/thingstodo/places_attractions.htm

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bay_Beach_Amusement_Park

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just a taste of July around here...
    July 2008

    7/2 Farmer's Market on Broadway Broadway District 437-2531
    7/2 Green Bay Bullfrogs Baseball vs. Eau Claire Express Joannes Park 497-7225
    7/2 Summer Concert at The Old School The Old School Mishicot 755-4560
    7/3 Green Bay Bullfrogs Baseball vs. Eau Claire Express Joannes Park 497-7225
    7/3 Summer in the Park Concert Series Jackson Square Park 437-5972
    7/4 BBQ on the Fox Holiday Inn City Centre 437-5900
    7/4 Celebrate the 4th at Hazelwood Hazelwood Historic House 437-1840
    7/4 Green Bay Bullfrogs Baseball vs. Rochester Honkers Joannes Park 497-7225
    7/4 School of the Soldier Heritage Hill State Historical Park 448-5150
    7/5 Green Bay Bullfrogs Baseball vs. Rochester Honkers Joannes Park 497-7225
    7/9 Farmer's Market on Broadway Broadway District 437-2531
    7/9 Green Bay Bullfrogs Baseball vs. Waterloo Bucks Joannes Park 497-7225
    7/9 Natural History Lecture Series Neville Public Museum 448 -4460
    7/9 Summer Concert at The Old School The Old School Mishicot 755-4560
    7/10 Green Bay Bullfrogs Baseball vs. Waterloo Bucks Joannes Park 497-7225
    7/10 Summer in the Park Concert Series Jackson Square Park 437-5972
    7/12 Bay Care S.A.F.E. & Wellness Day NEW Zoo 434-7841
    7/12 Ladies' Festival von Stiehl Winery 800-955-5208
    7/12 Village of Hobart Centennial Celebration Four Seasons Park 655-3115
    7/12-7/13 20th Annual Garden Walk Various locations 490-9457
    7/15-7/17 WI Farm Technology Days Country Aire Farm-Greenleaf 491-4610
    7/16 Farmer's Market on Broadway Broadway District 437-2531
    7/16 Green Bay Bullfrogs Baseball vs. LaCrosse Loggers Joannes Park 497-7225
    7/16 Summer Concert at the Old School The Old School Mishicot 755-4560
    7/17 Green Bay Bullfrogs Baseball vs. LaCrosse Loggers Joannes Park 497-7225
    7/17 Summer in the Park Concert Series Jackson Square Park 437-5972
    7/17-7/18 A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum WalterTheatre at St. Norbert College 403-3950
    7/18-7/17 Concerts in the Garden Green Bay Botanical Garden 490-9457
    7/18 Green Bay Blizzard vs. Louisville Fire Resch Center 494-3401
    7/18-7/19 Hot Country SC Grand Dinner Theatre 330-9901
    7/18-7/19 Shake, Rattle & Roll Meyer Theatre 494-3401
    7/20 Green Bay Bullfrogs Baseball vs. Eau Claire Express Joannes Park 497-7225
    7/20 Titletown Bike Tour YMCA in Howard 498-2285
    7/21 Green Bay Bullfrogs Baseball vs. Eau Claire Express Joannes Park 497-7225
    7/22-7/25 A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum WalterTheatre at St. Norbert College 403-3950
    7/23 Farmer's Market on Broadway Broadway District 437-2531
    7/23 Summer Concert at The Old School The Old School Mishicot 755-4560
    7/24 Concerts in the Garden Green Bay Botanical Garden 490-9457
    7/24 Green Bay Bullfrogs Baseball vs. Madison Mallards Joannes Park 497-7225
    7/24 Green Bay Packers Shareholders Meeting Lambeau Field 569-7500
    7/24 Master Hunters of the Sky Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary 391-3671
    7/24 Summer in the Park Concert Series Jackson Square Park 437-5972
    7/24-7/26 Hot Country SC Grand Dinner Theatre 330-9901
    7/24-7/26 Shake, Rattle & Roll Meyer Theatre 494-3401
    7/24-7/27 Riverfest Village Park-Mishicot 755-3411
    7/25 Green Bay Bullfrogs Baseball vs. Madison Mallards Joannes Park 497-7225
    7/26 Laura Ingalls Wilder Day Heritage Hill State Park 448 -5150
    7/27 A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum WalterTheatre at St. Norbert College 403-3950
    7/30 Farmer's Market on Broadway Broadway District 437-2531
    7/30 Green Bay Bullfrogs Baseball vs. Waterloo Bucks Joannes Park 497-7225
    7/30 Summer Concert at The Old School The Old School Mishicot 755-4560
    7/31 Concerts in the Garden Green Bay Botanical Garden 490-9457
    7/31 Green Bay Bullfrogs Baseball vs. Waterloo Bucks Joannes Park 497-7225

    ReplyDelete
  8. Punk and Milly are too cute! The blue birds are beautiful, different than ours here. Hopefully the snow will stay away and Spring can continue in your area, cause yes it's almost May. lol
    Enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. July appears to be a boring month in your part of the world...*grins evilly*

    This is Sunday isn't it? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dogs are so cute! My puppy is sick. She has a belly ache. It is so pretty in your neck of the woods. I love the green so much! I am so excited to travel to PA in June and enjoy it for myself. :) Thinking of you!

    Love, Angie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet Tonya...
    How can a bluebird be anything but?
    Mama was the member of Audobon, not me...
    sigh

    We lucked out and so far it has been sunny sunny sunny today!!!

    XOXO
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet Angie!
    You should come here on your way back home!
    (it's only a few miles out of your way)...
    What did your little one eat? Too much grass?
    Oh, whoops, that's green!
    hehehe

    Love to you too!

    XOXO
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so funny! I hope Punkie catches those thound or so varments for you. I do hope it does not snow for you. I am so glad that is past us. Have a memorable Monday.

    Lots of love to you- Darla

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful pictures!!!! It was a very nice day to go for a walk and I'm glad those pictures turned out so wonderful! (Especially the chicken one!)

    I'm also laughing my butt off at the "Sarcasma" advertisement.... HA! :D

    Love you Much Much,
    ~CaseyAnne

    ReplyDelete