[My] Life in Wisconsin

AMOS- All Cats Go To Heaven..

AMOS- All Cats Go To Heaven...
July 22, 2006
333 magnify

Good Morning to Everyone...

Its almost 5:30 AM-

  

" And, My Friend, when I am very old, and I can no longer enjoy good health, hearing and sight; do not make heroic efforts to keep me going. 
   I am simply not having any fun...
   Please keep that my trusting life is taken gently; and I shall leave this earth, knowing even with the last breath I draw, that my fate was always safest in your hands. "

And as I woke this morning, there was no familiar thud from the living room, followed by the sound of a bell to greet me- 
   No little footsteps across the linoleum tiles in the kitchen- and no little asthmatic purring to hear either- 
   Am wishing that maybe I have only gone deaf, and that Amos hadn't passed away about 4:45 yesterday afternoon.
   Already he was missed last night as I turned in... I let Punk come upstairs with me; but she came up, and went back down; came back up, and went back down... (Well, you get the picture)...  At any rate, her own paws on the staircase were a bit of a distraction- enough for me to fall to sleep...
   After Amos had died, I had Casey get Miss Milly- (These dogs HAVE to know about this;  I have firm beliefs here that they understand much more than we give them credit for)...  We had put Amos into his little box where he had always laid, and had brought him outside.   Milly walked up to the box, almost fearful in her demeanor, sniffed at him, turned back toward CaseyAnne and began shaking all over. She quieted down, laid by Caseys feet with her head on her front legs; watching...  It was then Miss Punks turn-  She walked up to Amos curled in his box- almost prepared for a little wrestling... She looked. Sniffed. Stood back. Looked once more, then lay down, quietly too, right next to his box.
   Please don't even try to tell me that these animals don't "know" anything, or feel anything, or "see" either.  These dogs and their cat---
   (And as long as the dogs understood that Amos was actually the "Alpha-Dog" there was never a problem between them).
   Amos sure had a sense of humor- and to respect that part of him, I also must recognize my own little sense of humor...
   That said, I buried him right beneath the birdbath!
 
 
   Perhaps I need to reread Sylvia Brownes book, "Animals on the Other Side"-  Think this is as good a time as any...
  
   Other than this all, there is not really any 'news' to share.
   I hope you have a good weekend.
   Anne
 
 
"The Rainbow Bridge"
 
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

 

God Bless Amos for giving us kitty life in this house for ALL of his lifetime- a life that was near to 13 years of fun, laughter, (and of course the occassional mouse left as a 'gift' for us)!!!

 

 

Originally posted to my Y 360, Saturday July 22, 2006 - 05:24am (CDT)

1 comment:

  1. I read this with my own gray tabby curled at my side. Mame joined us four years ago this summer, and I enjoy so much being afflicted with COL (Cat On Lap.) Their companionship is such a comfort.

    ReplyDelete