[My] Life in Wisconsin

KC Apartment- PLEASE HELP. I need your thoughts. 05/07/08

Hi Friends

Casey received word yesterday that she will not be able to get that apartment. (Her credit score was 10 below the required 600 rating they want).

EVEN WITH AN EXCELLENT COSIGNOR the lady said no.

She also said they do not want 'that type' in their apartments.

JUST WHAT TYPE WOULD THAT BE????
The sick kid???
The broke one???
OR
Perhaps the Native American Heritage one???

...The owners were 'away' yesterday... Really?

This credit manager also TURNED DOWN our offer of entire amount of the whole lease IN ADVANCE to secure this apartment for her.

WHAT THE EFFING HELL?!?!?!

I called again, getting a different guy, and told him this is quickly becoming a matter of life or death for Casey. With her colon shutting down from the narcotics and the pancreas, she has since been told that it will only be about one year or two before this adversely affects her liver and her kidneys.
I told him if this was HIS child, he would move heaven and earth to make that child well.

He will send my message on...

And I will be taking a drive to town to fight for this place (and ultimately her treatment at Mayo).

Love to all.

Wish me well.
I promise to be calm, cool and collected.
In the event that effort on my part does not work, I will need to be bailed out... 
And as soon as I am bailed out I further promise to blog every phone number they have.

 

XOXO
Anne

 

 

6 comments:

  1. I bet if she was an illegal immigrant with NO credit, they'd open the doors and welcome her. UGH!!! Sorry, I'm still on that rant.
    Hopefully you guys can get it straightened out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right Tonya, and they turned down the money???
    Still can't get past that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, turning down the money up front just doesn't make any sense at all. Who turns down CASH????

    ReplyDelete
  4. And THAT'S what really made me question it all...
    Sickness? (Who the hell turns away a sick person in the 1st place)?
    Broke? Not an option as they would have ALL of their money?
    Native? (Yes, I have a recorder)...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The reason why landlords don't like to take cash payments in advance is because it makes it almost impossible to evict the tenant. At least that's been my experience as a Real Estate Broker in 2 states, and also laws vary from state to state.

    If Casey's credit score is only 10 points under what they'd accept, it would be easier to try to get the score up. Make sure credit cards are 50% below the credit limit. Get a free copy of the credit report (www.AnnualCreditReport.com) and make sure everything is correct on it. If there are any mistakes, like late payments or charge-offs that are incorrect make sure the credit agency corrects it, you'll need to send them proof. These things really effect your credit score! It takes some work, but it's worth it. I've been working on correcting my report for about a month now, with 4 sets of letters to the three major credit bureaus. So far I've gotten my report changed with two of the three bureaus. It brought my credit score up 10 points, but I need to bring it up 10 more points so I'm working on getting one charge card paid down to less than half of the floor limit.

    Are there any other apartments on the reservation, or how about a rental house or duplex?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thinking of buying a duplex...
    Not sure with the "Time is of the essence" that it is a pragmatic thing at this point in time though

    ReplyDelete