[My] Life in Wisconsin

Mothers Day... and Moles!

Mothers Day... and Moles!
Mothers Day... and Moles! magnify
hehehe
Yes, my little bag is empty now!
.
.
Good Morning!
I shall begin with Saturday-
Virgin that Greg was, (with respect to firing a gun), it was high time to be showing the boy how it's done. Lord only knows I have enough varmints around here that need shooting.
But first to just grab a few plastic soda bottles...
And to let him use the old .22.
(Methinks we should have started him off with Casey's shotgun).
hehehe

.
.




He did VERY well too!
.
.


And was just like a little kid as he realized that he'd hit his target!
.
.

.


It is sunny for now... Storms this evening though... UGH, yes you already know how I feel about storms.

But to this end, I will be throwing a few seeds in the ground today, so the rain does some good. (Besides making the darned grass grow).
Am wondering if I am the only person, (besides neighbors Joanne and Jim) that decided to cut W~A~Y back on what I mow this year?
The effing gas is NOT cheap, and I won't be mowing as much as I normally would. Oh well. That should afford me plenty of time to pull my darned weeds.

Speaking of weeds, Master Gabriel is NOT getting any smaller either!
.
.

Getting a smoooooch from Miss Casey!
And I think he's telling Greg, 'eat your heart out, Bud!'
hehehe

.
.
Pondering the great outdoors with Miss Punk!
.
.
And so our Mothers Day was...
I had gotten that nasty headache on Saturday. But no shots on a Sunday, so onward and upward we went.
Roberta had to work on Mothers Day, so Greg, Casey, Gabriel, and I all ate at Berta's work.
Mmm... Can you say Whiskey Marinated steak??? It was SO good. Didn't do much for my head or my tummy, but it sure was magic upon my tongue!

After that, to come home and sleep- (and for about 9 hours straight). A bit more magic as my head was better yesterday morning.

Casey has plotted out all of her flowers and bulbs. Randy came out to help toward that end before going up north to help his dad with a few things.
I brought a few loads of rocks to the neighbors, and Casey planted some flowers, bulbs, and seeds. At least there is one less culprit to steal seeds and eat flowers and dig up bulbs now...
.
.



This is the last picture taken of the birdseed thief.
I found him dead on the road-
Not too successful with that "dreaded~dash~of~ death"... now was he?

hehehe
.
.

Speaking of vermin...
On Sunday morning, I had been awakened by a few loud crashes in the entrance...
These, and a very (LOUD) high pitched screaming.

WTH?
(I actually thought it was a gopher/chipmunk as there was so much noise)...
Looking out the door, I see this...
.
.



A baby mole for Sputty-
(A delicious new edible TOY)!!!
.
.

Of course Punkie had to get in on the action...
.
.



It is, after all, HER house!

And there was WAY too much noise for her to sit quietly;
ie: rugs being tossed about,
Sputnik meowing,
hissing

...and that (LOUD) screaming mole!!!
.
.
I ended up putting the poor (LOUD) screaming thing out of its misery, and tossed it outside.
Good grief, a cat sure can torture a poor mole...
(And yes, I know that's what they do, BUT c'mon, I can't stand it)!

After we had gone to the restaurant, and feasted, (Thank You Greg, Berta and Casey), I came home. Greg was going to pick up his friend and they were going to repair my car window. (That didn't happen, the door refused to come apart). They will take it in for me one day this week.
ANYWAY...
I got home from dinner- migraine full blown... And come in the house.
From the basement now, I hear
a few loud crashes... and a very (LOUD) high pitched screaming.

WTH?

As I round the corner to the basement stairs, there sits Sputnik, in all his glory, and OH, so proud of yet another
delicious new edible TOY.

Uh~Oh...
Intruder alert!!!
Thinking there has to be a nest somewhere IN the house...
I threw that one out too.
Did not care to be dealing with the effing things at that point. They got to live another 2 days... No, I did not get through the mountain of clothes back there that need laundering.
(Sputty seems to think there is something behind my chest freezer)...
I shall toss them out on their keesters today
. If I can find them.
I'm not too happy about having to open the little dresser drawers back there either. This is where all the gloves and such get stored for winter... And I shouldn't have had to touch this little chest before October!
But oh well! Such is life... in Flintville... in the Spring!

Love to all!
Wish me luck.

XOXO
Anne


Hit Counter
Originally posted to my Y! 360, Tuesday May 13, 2008 - 09:56am (CDT)

23 comments:

  1. Good luck on finding them, but eeewwwww I would be afraid. lol I just LOVE the picture of them pondering the great outdoors together. How sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEEE........


    Miss Isabelle used to catch those things too! Nothign worse than a Bassett baying at the shrieking thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They shriek? oh wow.. I did not know this! OF course I was grown before I knew that rabbits screamed.. literally.

    At least sputty is doing his job.. and if a little torture goes with it.. let the little fella have some fun..hehe
    Target practice sounds like fun.. I need to do some of that myself.. not necessarily with critters but just for the practice.
    Poor little birdseed thief.. a moment silence please...

    That little Gabe is definitately growing like a little weed.. such a cutie.. I hope Casey mapped out another couple spots.. you should be watching for the mailman in 2-3 days.
    Hope the head is better soon and Im glad you had a good mothers day.. even if the head was trying to ruin if for you

    Mucho hugs


    beepluvsbart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG will I actually be able to post a comment? Well well well~there is hope after all!

    I just love that picture of Master Gabriel and Punk~just too precious for words!

    Much love!!

    xoxoxo Thers

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sure is a good thing you got Sputnik, me thinks the cat is earning it's keep! Pretty soon Greg will be earning his keep too with shooting them varments - you'll have to keep him around too! :-)

    I love the picture of Gabriel and Miss Punk looking out the window - how cute!!

    Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pondering photo :)

    Sorry to hear the rodents may have made a home in your home.
    Go Sputty GO!!!!
    I am happily down to one rodent in a cage ...NO MORE BABIES!!!!!

    Collin looked at your blog over my shoulder and keeps wanting to look at the pictures. You now have another fan of your blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol @ the advertising on your page...

    Get Rid of Moles - Easily
    Mole Deterrent
    Stop Moles & Voles
    Remove Moles

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK~we have to give the cat a new name~I get confused whenever someone says 'sputty'

    Or maybe I just need to go by thers instead of my sputty nickname!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hehehe Sweet Tonya, I am not afraid of them; only of having to find out exactly how they got in, in the first place!
    ...though no, I wouldn't want them crawling on me...

    XOXO
    Me

    ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet Pea;

    Isn't it weird how much noise can come out of such a small thing???
    My ex has high pitched hearing loss- (He was on The USS John F. Kennedy, aircraft carrier when it was struck by a badly landed plane), and sustained a high pitched hearing loss.
    I envied him that... just for those moments...

    XOXO
    Me

    ~

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG Sweet Connie, I really thought it sounded like an outside critter when I put the hose down their holes and they come screaming out another hole...
    Oh wait, these ARE outside critters...

    I might have let my "Terminator" have a little fun... Just too much noise! (And with my head the way it was, I sure as heck wasn't going to turn the Sirius up loud)...

    OK... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    that was my little moment of silence...

    Wait...

    YIPPEE!!!
    One down 475,000 to go.

    XOXO
    Me

    bartlovesbeep

    !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet Thers,

    AIN'T IT A DAMN TREAT TO BE ABLE TO TYPE SOMETHING AND TO ACTUALLY HAVE IT POST???
    That is SO neat. Imagine?! A site that does what we want it to.
    A novel concept. Yahoo should follow suit...

    XOXO
    Me

    !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet BethieBaby!!!
    Yay!!! Another reader!

    Oh and I am a dunce as I see no ads for anything... WTH?

    Maybe the firefox is blocking them...

    XOXO to all
    Me

    ~

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Thers!!!!

    What? You wouldn't eat rodents???
    (And here I recall that you would)...
    http://flintville.multiply.com/journal/item/43/DINNUH_is_SERVED_with_a_question_mark

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  15. The picture with Gabriel and Miss Punk looking out the window is so cute.

    Just what no one needs...rodents in the house. Ug! I've only had two the entire 26 years I've lived here. The mouse got away, but he/she let the word out that I'm NOT the kind of person they want to run into. The squirrel? Yes, a squirrel. It came down the chimney one bright sunshiney day. Fortunately it knew the meaning of the door I opened and out it went. Landlord they put something over the chimney so that would never happen again.

    If you have ad blocker with FireFox, you won't see the ads on your page. Others will, you won't. FireFox hates my laptop so IE7 it is for me.

    Have a Wunerful pain free Wednesday.

    smiles and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good gawd the thought of those yucky things ewwwwwwwwwwww!!!, but one does have to appreciate Mr. Sputty's fight till death hehe..(he's gotten very big)

    I'm glad your squirrel is gone!!!..That was nice of you to provide him with one more meal for the road.

    I'm sorry you had a stoopid migraine on Mother's Day..The dayumed things!!!...I hope you had a great day...As always, I tried to see you in 360, but it just wasn't so!!!

    Everyone looks "wunnaful"!!!..great pics!!!..and congrats to Greg!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet Cat!
    I have something on my chimney too. But not over it. (THAT part blew off last winter). And no one I know wants to crawl up on this roof!
    hehehe
    S'pose I am waiting on bats next???
    That ought to drive the animals nuts.

    sigh

    XOXO
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet WyckieBaby!
    Thankfully these two were just little...
    They can be about 7 or 8 inches fullgrown. Not sure I want to be running into Mama either... OR maybe just that these two found some way in... (Casey has a habit of NOT closing the door real tight. So does Randy).

    I looked them up...
    "A single mole can dig about 20 yd (18 m) of tunnel in a day.
    Moles are voracious eaters, consuming about half their own weight daily. Their diet consists mainly of earthworms and insects, but also includes small mammals such as mice; one mole may even kill and eat another when they happen to meet.
    They are solitary most of the year, but during the breeding season they travel in pairs. The litter, born in the spring after four weeks of gestation, consists of two to seven young.

    http://education.yahoo.com/reference/encyclopedia/entry/mole3;_ylt=Aobtao4bC9_hFisLb6KR5.ZVt8wF

    *** I had a blog going in my head about what to do about that darned squirrel that was stealing all the KayTee bird seed...
    That up and coming blog thoughts were gone in a flash soon as I figured out he was road kill.
    He must have gotten lost on his way to the feeder; (or maybe he's stealing my mail).

    Head is better...

    Greg needs a few more 'lessons' (but I have no doubt he will be my second little Rambo).

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG TELL ME WE AREN'T GOING TO HAVE BATS WHEN I COME TO VISIT ???

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweet Thers,

    We don't have any bats in the house... They are all by the chimney (on the outside of it) and they hide between the actual inside and the layer of bricks that surround the outside... So they all should be behaving themselves and staying outside! :D

    Lots of Love!
    ~CaseyAnne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mom!!!

    I'm so glad that we all had so much fun this weekend! It was great to see Greg shoot the guns and to watch his reaction when he hit the target! That sure was priceless!!!

    I still can't believe that those darn creatures made it in the house! What happened to the fact that they are supposed to be moving inside when it gets colder, not warmer???? Hmmm... Maybe they are upset about the Global Warming and are protesting! :D

    I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day despite the darned migraine... It was fun to go and visit Roberta and see Master Gabriel all day!!!

    We'll have to hold a special funeral for that poor little squirrel... The poor guy never even knew what hit him! :(

    Love you Much Much!
    ~CaseyAnne

    ReplyDelete
  22. couple a things...the picture of the little guy and dog in the window...Priceless!!!
    also...sorry you get migraines...I feel for you...I have had them so bad had to go to the ER
    for releif..havent had one in a while though...*knock on wood*..anyways ..reading your blogs and getting to know ya...have a good one....

    ReplyDelete
  23. Now I know what's wrong with you...you have '''bats in your belfrey..''


    *runs for her life...*

    hehehe

    ReplyDelete